BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'd happily take Van Hecke out to accommodate Jones, personally.

Here is the good thing about our defence at the moment, Van Hecke would be the last one I'd take out from there. It's a pretty good situation when all 3 of them are being highly rated by the fans who watch them.

• Like 7

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

Here is the good thing about our defence at the moment, Van Hecke would be the last one I'd take out from there. It's a pretty good situation when all 3 of them are being highly rated by the fans who watch them.

Oh I rate him, I was thinking 'loan for loan'.

30 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Can see the lancs live blog now:

15:00 - Don't get disheartened, moves are being made

17:00 - No honestly, Rovers are actively looking

19:00 - Transfer news incoming...

19:30 - Chapman joins Burton on a free

20:00 - Rovers are in for an unnamed striker

20:30 - Giles gets announced

20:45 - That's not Rovers done yet!

21:00 - Davenport leaves

22:00 - Rumours come out we offered 120k for Charlie Austin 3 hours before the deadline

22:30 - Rovers sign another right back, just for the crack

23:01 - That's Rovers done for the day, let's not forget Rovers have kept Rothwell and Dack is basically a new signing anyway.

Lance live is utter shite

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

Crikey, I'm glad you aren't the manager!  What is it... 11 clean sheets in 15 games?  Forget that, put Jones straight in... hardly kicked a ball for 3 years. 

It's not like I'm advocating a crap defender like Maguire 😉

• Like 1

I'd love to see Phil Jones back in the squad, if he can stay fit he'd be brilliant, a throwback to signing a die hard defender like Kevin Moran, and if we did make to the the PL, perfect to take over from Van Hecke.  He'd be cover for Travis, full back, central defence.

But money, injuries, having an already solid back line, demands of guaranteed first team football. Wouldn't happen.

• Like 2

We don't need a better CB than our current 4. But we absolutely need cover, because if 2 of them are out we are either changing formation, putting Johnson in there, or playing an untested kid. Was very unwise to send Carter out.

And Phil Jones can fuck off, don't ever want him back at Ewood.

• Like 1

Why is Phil Jones getting such a love in?? The average man has played nearly as many competitive games as he has in the last 3 years. The man turns down opportunities to move elsewhere constantly, doesn’t scream to me someone who I’d want in my squad, let alone taking up the spot of a player who has been grafting all season to get us up to 2nd

• Like 3

Veljko Paunoivc on John Swift.

"He's under contract and is our player. We are in transfer market which is open so if some offer comes, it will always be considered.

"We don't want to lose him, but this is football and the club is in the situation that it is and has to consider everything."

Amazingly Bournemouth aren't in for him.

• Like 2