BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Just now, JBiz said:

Love the part where you completely ignore that Rothwell actively asked to speak to another club, a direct rival in the current league positions.

And?

Club say no - end of story.

Never needed to be made public. Not from our end anyway.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Can see the lancs live blog now:

15:00 - Don't get disheartened, moves are being made

17:00 - No honestly, Rovers are actively looking

19:00 - Transfer news incoming...

19:30 - Chapman joins Burton on a free

20:00 - Rovers are in for an unnamed striker

20:30 - Giles gets announced

20:45 - That's not Rovers done yet!

21:00 - Davenport leaves

22:00 - Rumours come out we offered 120k for Charlie Austin 3 hours before the deadline

22:30 - Rovers sign another right back, just for the crack

23:01 - That's Rovers done for the day, let's not forget Rovers have kept Rothwell and Dack is basically a new signing anyway.

Based on the past performance of our recruitment department it is hard not to be that cynical isn't it?

What is it they say when you're buying an investment "Past performance is no guarantee of future success" or something?

Let's hope the same principle applies in reverse here!

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Definitely. We only have 4 first teamers for 3 spots, and we shoved one of them up front last game.

I don't think we need a centre half per se but I think he'd be a great option in midfield and could cover in defence if needed.

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Was meant to be Lenihen.

Jones will want guarantees he plays, hence why his move to France is off.

Travis, Lenihen, Van Hecke and Wharton don't need to be taken out of the team.

I'd happily take Van Hecke out to accommodate Jones, personally. I don't actually believe he'll come, mind.

Regardless, I believe we need at least one more defender. We're only a couple of cards away from suspensions for some. Add injuries to that and we're buggered.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I'd happily take Van Hecke out to accommodate Jones, personally. I don't actually believe he'll come, mind.

Regardless, I believe we need at least one more defender. We're only a couple of cards away from suspensions for some. Add injuries to that and we're buggered.

Nope. 

Van Hecke is the man.

• Like 7