BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

3 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I was worried about this.

This is more likely to impact Joe's motivation than a failed transfer bid...

completely agree, but how unprofessional of Tony Mowbray to leak to the press about everything.

Mowbray isnt naive he knows what fans are like and knew theyd get this abuse.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

It's time to shit or bust. I'd rather get fucked by ffp and all that comes with it then let this chance slip. Not my money l know 😂

Laughed Steve Waggott, as he submitted an audacious £200m bid for Mo Salah at 10:37pm.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Strictly with hope:

With rumours abound that a Bournemouth player might be coming this way, what possibility that Bournemouth are (as Rovers' position was re: Rothwell) getting replacements in before allowing them to leave?

Lowe? Stanislas? Solanke? All of whom could fit Mowbray's wish for versatile forwards.

Solanke would be upwards of £10million.

30 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Interesting that there’s been no interest in Brereton even since his goal against Argentina (what a ridiculous statement). Can’t help but feel that him being in South America has helped us on that front although I doubt anyone would have met our valuation.

It is very interesting. You gotta say, hats off to him for getting his head down and just cracking on. If Rothwell could get 6 x his current wage, could you imagine what Brereton could get from the continent, or similar? 

As an aside, I know I jested about Joe's other half being upset about the move not happening, but to send her insults and the like is just disgusting.

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Strictly with hope:

With rumours abound that a Bournemouth player might be coming this way, what possibility that Bournemouth are (as Rovers' position was re: Rothwell) getting replacements in before allowing them to leave?

Lowe? Stanislas? Solanke? All of whom could fit Mowbray's wish for versatile forwards.

what's Bournmouth's welsh midfielder doing these days  - David Brookes ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Unthinkable just some 10 years ago...fecking Bournemouth!

I remember going to an Accrington Stanley cup game against Bournemouth that Accrington won while in the conference, and Bournemouth were in league 1.  For sure would have been unthinkable back then.

2 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

To be fair, I agree. If no bids have been accepted then this should have stayed in house. 

O’Rourke broke the news regarding the bid so wide of the mark from him.

And J*B told everyone it "was done" when it wasn't anything of the sort causing everyone to have a meltdown and a lot of people to have a right go at the player and/or Club.

Completely out of order. Mowbray also completely out of order for leaking a story which should have stayed firmly in house.

Welcome back Joe and well done Venky's.

( We could do with a number of other players in this afternoon though if that's ok).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Bournemouth close to signing Nat Phillips on loan. Safe to say Rovers have well and truly got them worried about their promotion hopes.

Nat Phillips would do a decent job in the PL. Shocking move for him

Just now, Miller11 said:

Dear me. I hope the club do a bit of digging and issue some bans… mind you, often the gobbiest fans on social media don’t go to any games.

Yep. What a bellend. I've just spent 30 seconds and worked out that I've got 2 mutual friends with him apparently. 

21 minutes ago, Butty said:

Disgusting that some of our fans have been messaging Rothwell’s partner abuse on instagram. Come on lads we are better than that. 

B5B26B52-DE60-44D5-BA20-54C4BE31EFC9.png

Disgraceful from fans. Report and ban them from games. Have to say sending out the pic of the family meal on Friday was a touch misguided on her part, had a look of not bothered about the team about it once Mowbray confiremd the news on Saturday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ooh good shout great player.

No chance.

The Wales international was diagnosed with stage two Hodgkin Lymphoma in October and has been undergoing chemotherapy as he plots his return to football in the future.”

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

completely agree, but how unprofessional of Tony Mowbray to leak to the press about everything.

Mowbray isnt naive he knows what fans are like and knew theyd get this abuse.

Come on!

Stop trying to lay the blame for everything at Mowbray's door.

He's doing a great job and we're 2nd in the league.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve heard Rev was waiting outside Brockhall revving his engine this morning… 

🤣

To be fair my motto this window be it with Nyambe, Rothwell or Lenihan has been "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I'd also apply that to the manager while he's doing well. 

Don't change what's (temporarily) working!

I couldn't get my head round the fact he seemed to be  trying to encourage the owners to sell a key player to a promotion rival though.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, FortressEwood said:

Mods, why are you allowing these nasty social media screenshots to remain on here?

It shows people for the arseholes that they are. It's public domain, after all.

• Like 5