BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I'd still tend to believe that version of events. Even Sharpe acknowledged that Bournemouth passed on Rothwell in favour of Moore, which doesn't suggest their bid was rejected.

Possibly, who knows with all of these stories going around. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be fair mate, yesterday it looked like I was right and you where wrong, but here’s the ‘latest’ I’ve just been sent:

Rovers played silly buggers. Same situation as Rhodes. Rothwell on his way down south, not quite in Bournemouth. Coming back now.

So you where right… again! Fair play.

Joe Rothwingie

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be fair mate, yesterday it looked like I was right and you where wrong, but here’s the ‘latest’ I’ve just been sent:

Rovers played silly buggers. Same situation as Rhodes. Rothwell on his way down south, not quite in Bournemouth. Coming back now.

So you where right… again! Fair play.

Never a right or a wrong, things can change in a matter of seconds, especially if suddenly a Bournemouth player is heading to Rovers 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Regarding Giles it sounds like we need a player capable of playing left back. Who knows when Pickering will be back and it looks like Edun was kicked out of the Luton game.

It could also free things up to allow Edun back into the middle in front of the back 3, giving us cover for Travis or to allow Buckley to move forward. Could be a very good move for us if Pickering is still a few weeks away.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

So here we are, nearly 10 am and so far Rothwell is having a lovely day out by the seaside but looks likely to be coming home tomorrow 

I went to Uni in Bournemouth, so Joe, if you did make it that far and if you're reading this mate, hit me up for some boozer recommendations.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Never a right or a wrong, things can change in a matter of seconds, especially if suddenly a Bournemouth player is heading to Rovers 

Wait, what? We’re signing one of their players now?!

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

MIC DROP!! #WelcomeSolanke

Edited by Madon
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

It could also free things up to allow Edun back into the middle in front of the back 3, giving us cover for Travis or to allow Buckley to move forward. Could be a very good move for us if Pickering is still a few weeks away.

The point I was trying to make is that Edun could be injured after he limped off on Saturday. That leaves us with either JRC or the new right back to fill it at left back, neither an ideal choice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Where did all this mi-information come from yesterday? Bid accepted, Rothwell down in Bournemouth ready to sign...instead no bid accepted and probably around the training ground today.

Great move by the club to keep him. What is £3m worth to a club for one of your best players when you're going for promotion. It's peanuts. 

But if he’s unsettled and the rest of the team are pissed off with him, then the “all in this together attitude” that’s taken us so far has gone.

I can’t help feeling no-one comes out of this well. We should have made a decision early and stuck to it as in “Joe you’re not going till summer and that’s it”.

Seems like the owners did but either it wasn’t communicated strongly enough or someone didn’t take enough notice.

This might well be a determining episode in our season and hard to recover from. Will take a huge piece of man management to achieve our goal now, I hope everyones up for it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Have I read that right or have you typed it wrong?!

Just now, JoeH said:

Tony Mowbray to West Brom rumours continue to circulate on social media...

I never for one second thought that this rumour would have me seriously concerned that if it happens we would be  f7cked. What a season this has been.. 

Imagine who we would end up with!