BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Some folk are just never satisfied!😉😀

It's touch and go but if it were to come off, it would give us all a massive lift and a serious statement of intent. 

Fingers crossed and I'm logging off now to avoid temptation/frustration getting the better of me, as I've been inclined to do in the past!

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Darren has just lit the fuse....

Where's my phone charger?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Funny how people take a lack of excitement as failure, think people would prefer we sold players and scrambled round trying to get replacements in just because it would be more exciting

In reality if we get this Giles chappy in it’s been a very decent window for me 

Not to mention we did most of our business early, which is what people on here usually moan about us not doing. Not sure what people were expecting, it's the injury situation that has caused the biggest problem, not the lack of transfer activity. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Apparently there was some issues within the messageboard once the interest was made known and he wanted to speak to the other board. It forced the mods to call the owners ask for technical support...some Indian lad answered to assist.

His missus was worried that his "head wouldn't be in the game" whilst the transfer window was on and didn't want to be sat there worrying that he wasn't listening to her properly.

She has therefore confiscated his laptop until Tuesday.

On being asked about whether Chaddy could have his laptop back she said:

"We'll see. On Tuesday we'll sit down and it's a different conversation"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Rothwell does not want to play for this club so what are we keeping? A pure mercenary reluctantly putting on the shirt because no one would pay a proper price for him? I'd swap him for someone enthusiastic about playing for us, even if they are unproven. 

Given the huge bonus at the end of the season if we get promoted I think we've got a good chance of remotivating him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Discussing the potential departure of Dembele earlier this week, Fry said: "There is no way we will sell him on transfer deadline day.

“Because that would give us no time to sign a replacement.”

Their owner has tweeted that two players will be leaving this evening.

Obviously, that doesn’t necessarily mean one will be Dembele, or that he would be coming to us, but you never know……

7 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

It's touch and go but if it were to come off, it would give us all a massive lift and a serious statement of intent. 

Fingers crossed and I'm logging off now to avoid temptation/frustration getting the better of me, as I've been inclined to do in the past!

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Fuck sake 😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Will you tell us who it was if we miss out before the window shuts?

It’s a long slog until May. This squad is screaming out for reinforcements! 

If BBD gets injured tomorrow we are in a whole world of trouble. Would have liked some midfield back up too……it is what it is though, if there’s no money- there’s no money! 

• Like 1

Just now, martonrover said:

Obviously, that doesn’t necessarily mean one will be Dembele, or that he would be coming to us, but you never know……

Dembele would be perfect for the way Rovers play - can play up front or on the wing.

2 minutes ago, AJW said:

Chapmans gone back to Burton

Is this the start of Rovers business for this evening? I always thought we'd see a few players going out on loan along with a couple of incomings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Dembele confirmed to Bournemouth! Hope they drop like a stone.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

I really hope this isn’t your own assombalonga moment…  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, booth said:

Gallagher and Khadra are injured.

Chapman and Khadra are midfielders. Hedges is a winger. Gallagher rarely gets played as a striker.

We've got Brereton and Butterworth.

The four I named are used as wide forwards