BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

22 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

We had the same conversation yesterday.

We wished we had some of that Speedie, street wise shithousery in our own front line. And you are right about the weak referee.

Mitrovic is still a **** cheat though. Not sure if he plays the violin!

If Dolan was booked, shouldn't Mitrovic have been sent off? He " simulated" twice...

The ref was rattled by the time Dolan went down, Fulham had been all over him from the first whistle. He was obviously thinking “ The next chance I get a card is coming out “.

What happened to this  “ not surrounding the officials “ edict. It was ridiculous yesterday.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

We had the same conversation yesterday.

We wished we had some of that Speedie, street wise shithousery in our own front line. And you are right about the weak referee.

Mitrovic is still a **** cheat though. Not sure if he plays the violin!

If Dolan was booked, shouldn't Mitrovic have been sent off? He " simulated" twice...

Mitrovic should have been cautioned for sure but he had the referee in his pocket and we didn't.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How much flexibility is there in that statement? If we went up with him in charge, would you not renew? If we finished in the top 6 but didnt go up, would you not renew? On both accounts assuming he stays.

And also, is it him as a manager based on results that you don't like? In which case, would an overachivement/successful season not counteract a poor one prior? Or is it something deeper, a personal dislike?

I think he’s had long enough to do something with the players he’s had. Time for a change. I don’t dislike him as a person I just think he’s taken us as far as he can. It’s all getting stale.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, but our players just stood around and let it happen. As usual.

Fulham were in the ref’s face all the game. And with the linesman. Sooner or later that pays off.  We needed to do the same.

I'd walk away if we started emulating Fulham's style of play.

I've no interest in watching my team cheat and petulantly chase the ref every time a decision doesn't go their way.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he’s had long enough to do something with the players he’s had. Time for a change.

My question was specific to rigger to understand the exact reason why he hasn't and will not renew with Mowbray in charge, to understand whether it is personal or result based, and whether there is any flexibility in that statement should we do better than expected.

Have you stopped attending for similar reasons? If so, is it personal or results based? Is there any flexibility to that? And away from personal attendance, would you sack him if we went up? If we finished in the top 6 but didnt quite make it?

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How much flexibility is there in that statement? If we went up with him in charge, would you not renew? If we finished in the top 6 but didnt go up, would you not renew? On both accounts assuming he stays.

And also, is it him as a manager based on results that you don't like? In which case, would an overachivement/successful season not counteract a poor one prior? Or is it something deeper, a personal dislike?

No flexability what-so-ever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

My question was specific to rigger to understand the exact reason why he hasn't and will not renew with Mowbray in charge, to understand whether it is personal or result based, and whether there is any flexibility in that statement should we do better than expected.

Have you stopped attending for similar reasons? If so, is it personal or results based? Is there any flexibility to that? And away from personal attendance, would you sack him if we went up? If we finished in the top 6 but didnt quite make it?

I’ll always be a fan but my level of commitment varies with my faith in the club moving forward. Obviously the last ten years has been a rocky ride for us all. I’ve said this before and I might be in a minority of one but I’d have sacked him when he got us promoted. I think he’s a very limited manager/coach who is pretty unlikely to take us to the next stage. The last few seasons haven’t proved me wrong. We’ve had a great two months this season but the wheels are coming off now and he’s scratching his head as to how to put things right. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Refs can cure that with what they have in their back pocket. He should have booked two or three of their players as soon as they all got around him.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So if we went up and Mowbray remained, you wouldn't go? I don't really understand that but fair enough.

I will repeat myself. I have never said I do not go. What I have said is that I will not renew my season ticket.

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

I will repeat myself. I have never said I do not go. What I have said is that I will not renew my season ticket.

I feel like you are being pedantic there, what I meant was:

So if we went up and Mowbray remained, you wouldn't get a season ticket?

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ll always be a fan but my level of commitment varies with my faith in the club moving forward. Obviously the last ten years has been a rocky ride for us all. I’ve said this before and I might be in a minority of one but I’d have sacked him when he got us promoted. I think he’s a very limited manager/coach who is pretty unlikely to take us to the next stage. The last few seasons haven’t proved me wrong. We’ve had a great two months this season but the wheels are coming off now and he’s scratching his head as to how to put things right. 

But out of interest, do you have a season ticket this season? Did you last? And would getting one next season be dependant on Mowbray being in situ still, and if he was, would that stance remain unaltered even if we achieved promotion under him?

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Do you think we should be doing better than 4th with his budget then?

He should have brought in a forward in January. I think even his biggest apologist recognises that. And I don’t buy that he couldn’t because he literally said he could.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, superniko said:

I’m pretty pessimistic with most things Rovers, who isn’t after the last few years but I can’t believe some of the stuff I read at times. 

Take a step back, we’re 4th in the league with 11 games to go (10 of which are against 11th or lower in the league). Even the most optimistic person on this board wouldn’t have said that at the start of the season. 

We lost to Fulham away - toughest game of the season - bring out the pitchforks if we get < 6 points from the next 3 home games 

"Football fans in spouting hyperbole" shock!!

I've learnt that on a match thread there's always massive overreaction to the good, the bad and the ugly. It seems more prevalent in respect of the bad & ugly, but nevertheless is there on both sides.

Like garnersfags said, I see both sides. Our recent results & performances have been, in the main underwhelming, no argument, & the lack of goals scored is worrying. But in context:

- we all knew our run of fixtures in early 2022 was tough; quelle surprise, it has been

- we all knew our squad depth would be tested come this point in the season; quelle surprise it has been

- we all thought 2nd place would be beyond us; quelle surprise it looks like that's the case.

None of the above is a shock or unexpected, so let's not get too het up at it coming to fruition.

Despite everything, we're still 4th. That proves 2 things:

1. Our season prior to New Year was outstanding; and

2. Our rivals have, in the main, been inconsistent & have not capitalised on their games in hand as they would have hoped.

If we'd have been offered this scenario back in August, all of us would have taken it. We now treat this situation as a mini league; there will be so many thrills & disappointments in the next 2 months, starting on Tuesday (which i expect will be tough as Millwall are after a 6th consecutive victory).

We've done enough so far, even during this poor run, to prove ourselves to be as worthy of promotion from this division as anyone else bar Fulham; we now seem to be approaching a favourable set of fixtures on paper compared to our rivals, so let's focus on the positives of that is my overall feeling.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, booth said:

He should have brought in a forward in January. I think even his biggest apologist recognises that. And I don’t buy that he couldn’t because he literally said he could.

I’d take those comments with a pinch of salt. A lot of protection of these owners goes on in public from Waggott down.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This should be his last season in charge regardless of where we finish.

If we miraculously went up via the Playoffs then what a send off for Old Tone, eh?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This should be his last season in charge regardless of where we finish.

If we miraculously went up via the Playoffs then what a send off for Old Tone, eh?

Again I was more identifying the potential reasons and stances behind people specifically not attending based on the manager, because surely that is based on results historically in which case, surely going on to be potentially successful would then allow those people to change their minds.

If we went up, it would be a superb achievement, and Mowbray would almost certainly be given a new contract which would be totally justified. I don't think that will happen mind. I would personally probably consider a contract warranted if we finished the top 6 regardless of whether we went up. Anything less than top 6 and a change would make sense.

I do think that as @Mattyblue has pointed out, many have cornered themselves and will not even allow themselves to praise the manager even if the season ends in success.

2 minutes ago, Atko&#x27;s Engine said:

Let's also not forget that in this recent disappointing run, we've still beaten both Boro & QPR & ought to have beaten Sheff Utd. 

I'd rather we win those games, than lose them but win at Cardiff, Swansea etc.

Whether we ought to have beaten Sheffield United or not, we didn't, thats all that matters.

The wins v Boro and QPR were important though and have us 4th at the moment, so hopefully the poor run is overcome/

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whether we ought to have beaten Sheffield United or not, we didn't, thats all that matters.

Can't disagree with that, but it illustrates two things:

- the inconsistency of all teams in this division across the season; and

- we should fear no-one IF we reach the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Atko&#x27;s Engine said:

there will be so many thrills & disappointments in the next 2 months, starting on Tuesday

Aye, we might even score a goal from open play 😉

Cant disagree with much of what you said, but this run of poor form is clearly a concern.

We will probably know a lot more by 21:45 a week on Tuesday.

Has to be an absolute minimum of six points from the next three games.

Whilst our immediate rivals have also been slipping up, there are teams rising up from mid table and, unless we arrest the slide imminently, we risk exchanging places with them quite soon.

Ringing endorsement from the Gaffer about Gally…”He was very delicate, we had a conversation and his reaction told me that a fit Sam Gallagher was going to be a better option than a 40 or 50 per cent Reda Khadra.”

why we handed out a new contract to someone is considered to be just better than another player at 50%  is beyond me. 

6 hours ago, rigger said:

Was it inane to want Mowbray out because of his results last season ?

Depends. Should Mowbray have done better than 15th with Armstrong and Elliott in the team? Probably. Then again, he was the one who brought those players in, and none of them were sure things. Keeping him was a roll of the dice, and arguably it's payed off so far. We'll see at the end of the season, but right now we're in the top 6 with 12 games to go. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alcd said:

I agree that we probably won't win more than one of the next three. Just can't see this midget front line causing any problems for either Millwall or Derby. If you don't score you then don't win. 

I can understand this concern, but I predict that we will get 7 points from the 3 home games. 

The only reason that the 3 games are being discussed is because they will define our run-in. 

Did the 3 game doubters predict that we would dominate and beat QPR? Many of us did. 

If we manage 9 points from the 3 games in 8 days, there will be no pressure on the Reading game, which will help us steal 3 more vital points. 

The discussion is how vital these games are, not whether we'll win them all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’d take those comments with a pinch of salt. A lot of protection of these owners goes on in public from Waggott down.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19898505.tony-mowbray-explains-blackburn-rovers-didnt-sign-striker/

Given TM's previous - his bizarre decisions and history here as well as other clubs, I'll take those comments as his own.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I can understand this concern, but I predict that we will get 7 points from the 3 home games. 

The only reason that the 3 games are being discussed is because they will define our run-in. 

Did the 3 game doubters predict that we would dominate and beat QPR? Many of us did. 

If we manage 9 points from the 3 games in 8 days, there will be no pressure on the Reading game, which will help us steal 3 more vital points. 

The discussion is how vital these games are, not whether we'll win them all. 

The thing I'm wondering is who will score the bleeding goals to get those 7 points? We're desperate for someone to step up and be a hero.

• Like 1