BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

Free hit in many ways but with the pressure off and Fulham’s style of play - it could be a game which falls into our hands.

I’m London based and live with a die hard Fulham fan who often has a spare season ticket - so I’ve seen a lot of them this season. When teams sit back and get physical with them they do struggle, although if they get an early goal it could become a very long afternoon as we found out a couple of months ago. 

Their left side of defensive is pretty shaken. Left back Robinson is there weak spot imo - although incredibly quick - is actually very limited on the ball and when pressed often gives it away. I hope that we target that. Lcb Tim Ream is decent on the ball however is very suspect when players run at him, would try and get Khadra up against him as much as possible. 

Attackingly their game plan is fairly simple, but very effective. Get the ball wide and overload with the fullback or their top young talent carvalho. 3/5 atb should majorly counter this but we may need the wide forwards to track back at times. 

Much more winnable game than people think as I think our style of play is a good match up. Having Rothwell back will be key however as we need him to be able to move the ball out of their press and break through the lines.

• Like 2

No such thing as a free hit if you want progress but the other side of the coin most will be happy not to lose by more than 3 goals !

They've battered a few teams because they are good but really did a number on us because our style suited them. They pressed our inexperienced back line all night and played neat football in the space ahead of our midfield. A real lesson in how to dissect opposition.

So for me i'd just go and pack the middle, dig in and try and grind something out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

No such thing as a free hit if you want progress but the other side of the coin most will be happy not to lose by more than 3 goals !

They've battered a few teams because they are good but really did a number on us because our style suited them. They pressed our inexperienced back line all night and played neat football in the space ahead of our midfield. A real lesson in how to dissect opposition.

So for me i'd just go and pack the middle, dig in and try and grind something out.

I think we can do that if we’re on our game. We’ve become pretty hard to score against.

• Like 4

• J*B pinned this topic

We should want this more than them, they're coasting to promotion whereas we're up against it and every games a cup final. They've not been as free scoring the past few games so there's hope for our usually solid defence. Then just a case of trying to nick one again, there's always hope. I really do wish we'd start making more set pieces count as we did yesterday, we had shitloads of corners again as well, when you're not exactly hammering goals in for fun you need to work on these constantly.

I'd take a draw and I'm calling a 0-0 on this.

Dacky simply must be on the bench if he makes it through tomorrow's game unscathed.

Interested to see what he does with Travis. 9 yellow cards and the suspension ends in 3 games time. It’s unlikely he’ll make it through to that, but do we want to risk missing him for our winnable 3 home games? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Johnson and Rothwell in there.

31 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Interested to see what he does with Travis. 9 yellow cards and the suspension ends in 3 games time. It’s unlikely he’ll make it through to that, but do we want to risk missing him for our winnable 3 home games? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Johnson and Rothwell in there.

We also have Davenport and Buckley that could conceivably play in Travis’s place.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Fulham (a) - 5th March 2022: ko 12.30.

I hope everyone that is/was planning to travel to Craven Cottage have already got their match tickets.

I noticed on the club website that they were not on sale but no reference was made otherwise. I've since made enquiries and apparently we've sold out our allocation of just short of 2,000, which is an absolutely fantastic effort considering the lunchtime kick off. London based Rovers are now buying tickets amongst the west London contingent.

We'll all be leaving home about 6am on the day and not getting home until whenever (again), courtesy of SKY TV.

I'm sure that's not lost on the team and I feel that if we replicate the effort, desire and commitment of Bramall Lane and Ewood yesterday, we'll be coming back from Fulham with 3 points.

COYB!!!

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Rothwell can't even get a boot on!  Think he'll sit this one out.

Mowbray should go with our strongest available eleven.  Like Chelsea with their goalie sub today, try to be too clever and it comes back to bite you on the bum.

We can give them a challenge in back.  Last time we went down a man then made tactical subs to be more attacking. The 7-0 score line was bad but we we’ve improved in the back since then. I think Zeefuik will give us more in the attack as rwb but until otherwise shown we will lose a bit defensively there. I still don’t know where our goals would come from. And as long as that’s the case it’s difficult to expect anything from this match. 

I am already excited about this one, as I am flying in from Spain on Friday morning and making a weekend of it. 

I am also treating the wife to a weekend in London on the basis that she attends the match too. My son and his partner, who I haven’t seen since December are driving down to meet us on Friday, so for starters that should be a lovely evening.

It will be the first visit to Craven Cottage for all of us and for my son, the furthest he has travelled for a match.

Given what happened at Ewood, we owe them one, so hope we can get stuck in and make it back to back home defeats for them.

Just as was the case after the game earlier in the season, if that we can go on a run after this one, then we should cement our place in the play offs.

I would definitely play the same side that started on Saturday and worry about Travis getting a yellow, if it happens. I always believe, you should try and win every game, so protecting him for me, is not an option.

I hope to get into one of the away friendly pubs and given we have 2,000 going, look forward to seeing a few familiar faces too.

COYB.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

If you look at the odds for no goals then its probably not feasible.....very doubtful that neither team will score.

Are the odds that bad? I've not looked. We're not scoring at the moment and our defence is strong so if we dug in I can see us holding Fulham out with a fair wind.