BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Add both teams to score and should be 12/1

Assuming Mitrovich bags one? if PVH or Darragh hasn't already shunted him in the air in the first 5 minutes, what odds then?

Joking aside, if Dolan and Kahdra are up top, buzzing about like wasps, I fancy us to win 2-1.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Assuming Mitrovich bags one? if PVH or Darragh hasn't already shunted him in the air in the first 5 minutes, what odds then?

Joking aside, if Dolan and Kahdra are up top, buzzing about like wasps, I fancy us to win 2-1.

Yes, I can't see us going 90 mins without letting one in down there.

49 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A plucky one nil defeat with chances going begging, which, "On another day", we'd have taken.

If my memory is correct when we met in our last promotion season from this division they were flying and we were struggling. We played really well that day and gave as good as we got before losing unluckily 2-1. We turned the corner after that and went on a run of 7 wins and a draw in 8 game before eventually going on to be promoted comfortably.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If my memory is correct when we met in our last promotion season from this division they were flying and we were struggling. We played really well that day and gave as good as we got before losing unluckily 2-1. We turned the corner after that and went on a run of 7 wins and a draw in 8 game before eventually going on to be promoted comfortably.

I remember the home game, (in April), when they beat us with ten men.

Fortunately, it didn’t prove costly.

In those days we had a few centre forwards, (and midfielders),  capable of scoring goals.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good news on the injury front: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19966774.blackburn-rovers-mowbray-gives-positive-injury-update-ryan-nyambe/

Ayalay's mid-season break rolls on. Great gig if you can get it.

Indeed, if anything happens to our three centre backs we’ll be relying on Nyambe or Johnson to fill in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, I was at Craven Cottage that day and Matt Jansen scored a cracker for us IIRC. Saw Ronnie Clayton as we were leaving the ground. 

Edited by jim mk2

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good news on the injury front: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19966774.blackburn-rovers-mowbray-gives-positive-injury-update-ryan-nyambe/

Ayalay's mid-season break rolls on. Great gig if you can get it.

We'll miss him tomorrow. I hope ZF doesn't replace him as he's nowhere near as a good a defender and we need to be rock solid at the back to get anything out of this match. Provided the other centre backs are fit I'd play Lenihan in his position

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I like your optimism, but for a side that has scored 3 goals in 10 league games since the start of the year - I'm not expecting us to score twice away at the best side in the league (we have only conceded 6 in those games at least)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Indeed, if anything happens to our three centre backs we’ll be relying on Nyambe or Johnson to fill in.

I'd guess we'd be forced to play a back 4 as Naymbe is out too...Hard to believe the weekly wage Ayla take home, and we couldn't make an offer to keep Naymbe here.  Shame really, as all that cash is tied up in a player who rarely is healthy enough to see the pitch, and even when he is, cant get in the side.  Meanwhile a regular in the first team is scraping by.  

I'd guess we lose 2-0.  I think they are by far the best side in the league and while we are improved defensively they could have had 10 the last time and I dont see us keeping from scoring.  I also just dont see where we get a goal from.  Dolan can be a pest, but he's not very proficient in front of goal.  Can't count on Gally and the likes of Buckley/Rothwell aren't natural finishers.  Our best chance to score is off a set piece and we rarely score those either.    

1 hour ago, Al said:

I'm keeping the faith. 1 - 0 to Rovers.

Would make my week, never mind weekend!

Btw good to see you posting Al, we spent too many years discussing the hard-work stuff, many years before a decent season, the days when we’d dream about the best home form in the league. Hope you’re well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski 

Lenihan  Van Hecke  Wharton

Zeefuik     travis    Rothwell     Pickering

Hedges     Dolan    Khadra

Subs; keeper, JRC, Johnson, Davenport, Giles, Buckley, Gallagher

I keep saying this but - that’s a small team height wise.