BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

2 hours ago, georgepwalsh said:

Travelled from Switzerland for this one. Unfortunately stuck in hospitality for the game. I would love to meet up with any Rovers fans after for a few drinks if anyone is sticking around. 

I would expect that there will be some in the Eight Bells by Putney tube station after the game.

• Like 2

On 02/03/2022 at 19:28, darrenrover said:

Haha, quelle surprise! (branleurs) pardon my French!

Haha. I had to look up branleurs. brought a smile to my face

On 02/03/2022 at 23:24, 1864roverite said:

It’s a game set up for one player to redeem himself PVH

I think JPVH is champing at the bit. He will be looking forward to his tussle with Mitrovic. I hope he does as well as Phil Jones did against Drogba. He's certainly classy enough to do so.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Surely now ranks as one of our worst signings in terms of £££ per minutes played? No doubt he is decent but he certainly cant be described as motivated. Shame

The stats of games missed during his career with a focus on February and March is staggering. I intended to do a spreadsheet but just too many, too much like hard work for nowt.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

18 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The stats of games missed during his career with a focus on February and March is staggering. I intended to do a spreadsheet but just too many, too much like hard work for nowt.

I said a few days ago I think he’s the sort of player who only plays when he’s absolutely 100% fit. Anything other than that, he cries off. We’ve all had them in teams we’ve played for.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I said a few days ago I think he’s the sort of player who only plays when he’s absolutely 100% fit. Anything other than that, he cries off. We’ve all had them in teams we’ve played for.

Yes.

I looked at Grella, 38 appearances at Rovers in 4 years. Calf went on debut and he was never really fit again.

I always thought we had our pants pulled down but have no proof so maybe we/he were just unlucky.

Oh and a Rovers win by 2-1 at Fulham 

30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

.... and the rubbish pass that led to Nyambe's in jury

The one to him in space? where Nyambe then tried a push and run from yards away from the defender that he had nil, zilch, zero chance of winning? and then fell over the defenders legs injuring himself.

Johnson may be a bit fat and a bit slow but everything is not automatically his fault.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

.... and the rubbish pass that led to Nyambe's in jury

Now that's exactly what I thought. Johnson held the ball too long and released to too late and the defender was able to get the tackle in.

As for that "shot"!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The one to him in space? where Nyambe then tried a push and run from yards away from the defender that he had nil, zilch, zero chance of winning? and then fell over the defenders legs injuring himself.

Johnson may be a bit fat and a bit slow but everything is not automatically his fault.

Johnson delayed his pass and then made it too short, meaning Nyambe had to check his stride and got clobbered by the defender. If I'd been Nyambe I'd have been fuming

I actually like Johnson and though he had a good game against QPR, but he made a mess of that pass and Nyambe paid the price

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Wrong thread but this contract issue throws a side issue on today's game. Those players involved have one eye on greener grass no matter what they say and cannot perform 100% as a team unit.

What about the loanees? I would say the same applies to them. 
All footballers are mercenaries. 
Some are very good and will give everything for their current team.
Some will look after their own interests. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, toogs said:

Indeed it does as they have something to prove. 

1 hour ago, toogs said:

The same could also be said for the manager, who despite being out of contract in 3 months looks far more interested lately than he has at any point in the last 3 years.