BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

Bring the energy of our last two games and we may stand a chance. Fulham are the best team in the league hands down. So we need to turn it into a battle. Do that and i wonder how up for a fight they will be. My only fear with that is then losing key players for our winnable run of games with them picking up yellows.Β 

It's a little like Bournemouth earlier in the season. Nothing to lose so we might as well just give it a go. It would certainly help to beat any psychological barriers moving forwards.Β 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Bring the energy of our last two games and we may stand a chance. Fulham are the best team in the league hands down. So we need to turn it into a battle. Do that and i wonder how up for a fight they will be. My only fear with that is then losing key players for our winnable run of games with them picking up yellows.Β 

It's a little like Bournemouth earlier in the season. Nothing to lose so we might as well just give it a go. It would certainly help to beat any psychological barriers moving forwards.Β 

Huddersfield won there, are they any better than we are ? I think mentally they’ll be rembering the 7-0 and expecting things to be easy. It’s human nature.

On 28/02/2022 at 23:09, chaddyrovers said:

Very true Tom

Zeefuik for Nyambe only change.Β 

I think there's more to come from Zeefuik, we haven't seen the best of him yet. I can't understand why Giles was on the bench against Q.P.R, he get's some fantastic crosses into the box. Khadra, Giles, and Dolan, enough to give most defences something to think about when are strikeforce is back at full strength.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

I think there's more to come from Zeefuik, we haven't seen the best of him yet. I can't understand why Giles was on the bench against Q.P.R, he get's some fantastic crosses into the box. Khadra, Giles, and Dolan, enough to give most defences something to think about when are strikeforce is back at full strength.

I understand the shout for Giles, however who's he going to cross it for?Β 

Gallagher, Dolan and Khadra definitely can't win a header, so it's pointless, plus no one's in the box often.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, only2garners said:

I’ve had plenty of volunteers now. Thanks all.

Very irritatingly having passed on a number of volunteers Sky have now changed their schedule and won't be featuring some Rovers fans at Craven Cottage.

1 hour ago, Geoff66 said:

I am a bit perplexed by Zeefuik. Want him to do well but while he seems a decent athlete, but not in Nyambe's league, lacks Nyambe's excellent one on defending, and hasn't really shown much going forward.

I'd prefer a fully fit JRC who has the quality of delivery. But he's looked well off the pace whenever he's played this year so not really a go-er.Β 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Huddersfield won there, are they any better than we are ? I think mentally they’ll be rembering the 7-0 and expecting things to be easy. It’s human nature.

Β 

I expect the pattern to be something quite similar to the game at Brammall Lane. They'll almost certainly be asking most of the questions to begin with, but the longer we can keep them out, the more I'd expect us to frustrate them and then start causing them problems.

Β 

Wouldn't go as far as to say I'm confident that we'll get something - they're obviously the better team - but it wouldn't shock me. They give you a chance on the break, which should suit us, especially if Rothwell is back.Β 

• Backroom
4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I understand the shout for Giles, however who's he going to cross it for?Β 

Gallagher, Dolan and Khadra definitely can't win a header, so it's pointless, plus no one's in the box often.

And experienced..... 6ft 4inch......striker....for Β£5 million.....in peak age of career.

Yet here we are.Β 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I am a bit perplexed by Zeefuik. Want him to do well but while he seems a decent athlete, but not in Nyambe's league, lacks Nyambe's excellent one on defending, and hasn't really shown much going forward.

I'd prefer a fully fit JRC who has the quality of delivery. But he's looked well off the pace whenever he's played this year so not really a go-er.Β 

Does he? The only time I can remember a decent delivery from him was at home v Reading last season for our first goal and even then it was quite a low cross that Armstrong did excellently to score from.

Jurys out on Zeefuik too I agree, although early days. We need him to step up after the Nyambe injury blow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silas said:

And experienced..... 6ft 4inch......striker....for Β£5 million.....in peak age of career.

Yet here we are.Β 

Perhaps this is more down to position, tactics and delivery?

Playing wide forward and tracking back. When in the centre, generally the lone striker, hence occupied by two centre backs. A team that hasn’t scored many set pieces, tried to pass it to death for 12 months…

I know it’s a different thing, but the amount of defensive headers he won vs Sheff U, surely illustrates Sam G can head a ball?

Perhaps in a two upfront, central, in a team that’s geared for percentages and set pieces, would work more to his strengths?

Β 

• Like 1

• Backroom
30 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Perhaps this is more down to position, tactics and delivery?

Playing wide forward and tracking back. When in the centre, generally the lone striker, hence occupied by two centre backs. A team that hasn’t scored many set pieces, tried to pass it to death for 12 months…

I know it’s a different thing, but the amount of defensive headers he won vs Sheff U, surely illustrates Sam G can head a ball?

Perhaps in a two upfront, central, in a team that’s geared for percentages and set pieces, would work more to his strengths?

Β 

All valid and fair points.

But I can't say it still doesn't grate on me that we have a great crosser of the ball in Giles that got countless assists when at Cardiff, and here we are saying we have no one to get on the end of them because Diaz is out.

That can't be right. Especially in a team desperate for goals.Β 

3 hours ago, Silas said:

Yet here we are.Β 

Gallagher can win un-opposed headers, he just can’t jump with centre halves and win them. We learnt that in his first spell here and nothing has changed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gallagher can win un-opposed headers, he just can’t jump with centre halves and win them. We learnt that in his first spell here and nothing has changed.

Well that maybe answers my frustrations in the post above.

Lenihan up front anyone? πŸ˜‚

20 minutes ago, Silas said:

All valid and fair points.

But I can't say it still doesn't grate on me that we have a great crosser of the ball in Giles that got countless assists when at Cardiff, and here we are saying we have no one to get on the end of them because Diaz is out.

That can't be right. Especially in a team desperate for goals.Β 

My opinion of his individual attributes, I’d say his pace / jump / ability to head is good but he lacks reactions and aggression at crosses. Compare his ability to dominate defenders to Rudy Justhead (Gestede)… chalk and cheese.

That said, I can’t remember another player puncturing a lung so I probably know fuck all. He hasn’t been played in the position or team to benefit from consistent quality delivery either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Zeefuik hasn't really been giving a proper run at right wing back.Β  He's had a few substitute appearances, but mostly has played on the left, or further up the pitch.Β  A good run will give us a better idea of the player he could be.Β  I've seen enough for JRC since returning to know he's out of the depth.Β  Has been the worst or second worst player on the pitch in his appearances this year.Β Β 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

For being 6'5" he also seems to get muscled out of position regularly.Β Β 

8 hours ago, only2garners said:

Very irritatingly having passed on a number of volunteers Sky have now changed their schedule and won't be featuring some Rovers fans at Craven Cottage.

Haha, quelle surprise! (branleurs) pardon my French!

5.45 am set off from Darwen thanks to Sky!

Here's hoping Mitrovich cries off faced with PVH and Dolan and Kahdra terrorise their defence from the off,

Keep a clean sheet and we're gonna nick all 3 points.

Come on You Blues!!!Β 

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He went MIA when the Blades put that corner across with SU players going for it with aggression. So did Kaminski to name just 1 other.

Fair weather footballer.

Can't say Gally doesn't give blood for the cause though, coughing it up the other week, pouring out of his hooter last week.

His commitment levels will get him a few goals if nothing else does but sadly most of his in the thick of it is way outside the box.

There's a Bolton version Kevin Davies in there if only someone could bring it out in him,.