BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hasn't Mowbray already said he won't won't feature in the next 3 games anyway? The next under 23 game is Arsenal away on 14th February which I guess he will feature in

I dont know if he has implicitly said that, I havent seen that quote. I read that we might set up a game for him, maybe if we could set one up in the next day or 2 then he could at least get 90 minutes ahead a potential sub appearance v Bristol City.

Anyway, what I am putting is what I would like to happen. Not what will necessarily happen.

• Like 1

I’m not assed what anyone says, that was another crap performance. Created naff all, again, I don’t care if they have better players, we should be performing better, the terriers won there a few weeks back, and we are man for man better than them. This side won’t reach the play offs, too many of their ‘better players’ either, off from, injured or not interested because they’re off in the summer, and I’m sorry, it won’t be popular, but that’s down to the manager (Injuries apart, but begs the question why we get so many injuries). 

I’m just not sure what the gaffer send them out to do, as after Xmas they just seem like a bunch of school boys, who luckily (bar today) have some real men playing at the back.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, alcd said:

The training ground transfer did not cost Venkys a penny. It was an accounting exercise that simply passed ownership from one Venkys company to another. 

Or gave them a fixed asset as personal security for money already put in previously.

Play-offs, play-offs, play-offs!!!

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Three of the teams who make the play-offs will play Championship football next season.

These games are like cup ties and we all know how good Tony is in having us win them in FA Cup and League Cup year on year.

I'd like to see us finish in the top 6, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we should expect much success there if we do.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The false 9 formation did work very, very well for a fair few months, that should not be forgotten. The formation seemingly is reliant on Brereton playing, who proved prolific from that left hand side. Buckley and Khadra also worked well in tandem with him.

That being said, it definitely needs looking at and did so a few games ago. The criticism should be sticking to it once its effectiveness started to wane rather than it being used at all, especially once Brereton was absent.

The back 3/5 should stay as our results are built on being usually solid at the back, so I understand why that has changed. Things in front of that do need tweaking, a lack of a budget in January meant that we didn't bring in a striker and despite popular demand, I am not convinced that Gallagher central would be too much more successful, many of his weaknesses are highlighted more from there, so I get that the choices are very limited. Dolan was more effective than Buckley last week to an extent but he shares his lack of end product in the final third. I would probably try Giles, Gallagher and Hedges from left to right v Millwall, but the choices aren't the best without Brereton and Dack.

It did and it probably still will but it just doesn't work against Fulham you really have to make the ball stick. 

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Three of the teams who make the play-offs will play Championship football next season.

These games are like cup ties and we all know how good Tony is in having us win them in FA Cup and League Cup year on year.

I'd like to see us finish in the top 6, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we should expect much success there if we do.

If we play anything like we did today I’d rather not bother.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

Problem is if we do reach the play offs Tony's new deal will be sealed.   🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Too many of TMs starting selections are based on an educated hunch about what may work.

Giles, for example, plays well for 20 min as a sub left wing back, so therefore he starts the next game on the right wing. After his good showing against QPR, I would have played him at left wing back, and that would have been an interesting clash with Wilson. 

I like Travis and Johnson in midfield but that means Trav often has the ball at his feet with one pass to split their defence, and 19 times out of 20 he can't do it. 

We probably need Trav 'or' Johnson, not both, but for me both have more than contributed to our impressive season. 

We won't be as comprehensively outplayed again this season, and we can take the momentum of the 2nd half into thes 3 pivotal home games. My main worry is a Lenihan suspension, without Ayala or Nyambe to slot seamlessly in. 

I think the team that started against QPR will start against Millwall, which is now a tough game as they've won 5 in a row. 

If we get 8 points from the next 4 games, we'll cement our 4th position, maybe 3rd. Ten points is preferable, but that will only happen if BBD plays and returns to form. 

If you are wavering about coming to the next 3 games, JFDI, the atmosphere is brilliant, and will only improve with another 1000 Neil Diamond's. 

Our mid-table strugglers will find it easier to turn it on against these lower level opponents, and that includes scoring. Trust me, I was just as sure about beating QPR. 

A 3pm Saturday game next week should bring out the punters, maybe not from Bristol, but we will cheer the lads onto victory. 

I had few expectations today. I thought a point would be a triumph. Craven Cottage is a morgue for sound, but the fans were very good and sang throughout the first half. The team didn’t respond in kind. First half they had more passion and we were dragged into a fight. The referee was atrocious and pandered to the home team, but they deserved to be 2-0 up at H-T. Couldn’t understand the front three up against tall, quick Fulham defence. Kaminski’s mistake was right in front of us. He should have done better. Wilson is a bellend. Mitrovic got a lot of stick and deserved it after that diving master class. Too far away to see Dolan’s yellow, but Mitrovic deserved the same, if not worse. Van Hecke came over to fans first before KO, and was the first over at the final whistle, respect. Poor performance not helped by not starting Gally from the start. Got what we deserved.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, alcd said:

He's not worth 3 million buttons. He cost Hertha about 4m euros and was obviously a total flop there so why on earth would be valued at 3m now? 

Send him straight back, typical no hoper, a glimpse of brilliance every now and again but apart from that complete woeful.

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Problem is if we do reach the play offs Tony's new deal will be sealed.   🤷‍♂️

Only rovers under them dick heads could find themselves in such a situation, you have to laugh, otherwise you’d cry.

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

Send him straight back, typical no hoper, a glimpse of brilliance every now and again but apart from that complete woeful.

Agreed apart from I must have missed the 'glimpse'.

Embarrassing crap, as is Pickering.

These 2 get better whilst out injured but found out when played.

Pub league level.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Kaminski big mistake on a day he had to be perfect. 

Zeefuik broke down again, very disappointing. He has potential to be a fan favourite, but looks like a downgrade from Nyambe. JRC was a lot better than in his previous couple of matches. Johnson looked assured in midfield.

Fulham were a lot better than us in the first half. Looked like they took their foot off the pedal in the second, but we did better nonetheless. Gallagher had a better half than Khadra, but doesn't look much of a threat. Fulham great at working combinations and creating gaps when our central three got pulled out of position. 

All in all deserved win for the home side, as we needed margins on our side for this one. Results in other matches were pretty good today, but it will be a dogfight for the play-off places. I hope we can avoid Huddersfield before the final, I think they look the strongest currently. 

Great duel between Mitro and van Hecke today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve missed Bererton’s ability to carry the ball from the half way line to the penalty box at pace. When we had him and Rothwell both at it we looked good.

We signed Brown, Giles, Hedges, ZeFuik and the lad from Spurs in the window and so far not one of them has contributed in the slightest. 

Yep which is strange seeing as individually one or two look decent but they just haven't improved anything. Just bodies giving TM excuse to mix and match.

He prefers it like that.

Was keeping my head down outside of the away section... regret asking the friend I was with (a former PL academy keeper) to see what he thought of Kaminski before the game 🙃

Wilson's a whiny little prick, isn't he... Mitrovic at least seemed to have a sense of humour about his flopping.

What was with that chunky Rovers staff member seemingly giving an earful to Zeefuik as he was on his long way back to the bench? Bizarre, especially if Zeefuik's injury is sounding legit.

Was obviously worried when JRC had to be drafted in at RWB, but he was actually alright. He wasn't 'good', but a hopeful sign of him finally starting to get his groove back...

For what it's worth, the Fulham fans around me were quite impressed by Gallagher. Obviously not familiar with him failing to get his feet right over and over haha, but a welcome spirited display from him. Confused why he didn't start.

Edited by RoverCanada

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Mowbray is still here next season, they would not be able to give me a season ticket. 

Do you have one this season out of interest and if not, why not?

If we finished in the top 6, didnt go up but Mowbray got a new deal. Which I personally would see as fair. Would that genuinely reduce your likelihood of a season ticket?

Not criticising in any way by the way, just curious. Im very much of the opinion that it is down to the club and its ticketing policies etc to get as big of a crowd as possible.

28 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Mowbray is still here next season, they would not be able to give me a season ticket. 

Is that down to personal dislike? I remember a group of people on here wanting Allardyce out back in the day, not because of his results but because he was a long ball merchant and a bit of a spiv, who made his name at Bolton. Is it something like that? Because wanting Mowbray out based on his results is inane. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I had few expectations today. I thought a point would be a triumph. Craven Cottage is a morgue for sound, but the fans were very good and sang throughout the first half. The team didn’t respond in kind. First half they had more passion and we were dragged into a fight. The referee was atrocious and pandered to the home team, but they deserved to be 2-0 up at H-T. Couldn’t understand the front three up against tall, quick Fulham defence. Kaminski’s mistake was right in front of us. He should have done better. Wilson is a bellend. Mitrovic got a lot of stick and deserved it after that diving master class. Too far away to see Dolan’s yellow, but Mitrovic deserved the same, if not worse. Van Hecke came over to fans first before KO, and was the first over at the final whistle, respect. Poor performance not helped by not starting Gally from the start. Got what we deserved.

Dolan did dive, it was a correct caution. Not that we'd score the penalty anyway... But Mitrovic's attempt was even more blatant, scandalous that he wasn't given a yellow when Tyrhys was.

3 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Is that down to personal dislike? I remember a group of people on here wanting Allardyce out back in the day, not because of his results but because he was a long ball merchant and a bit of a spiv, who made his name at Bolton. Is it something like that? Because wanting Mowbray out based on his results is inane. 

We’ve had a good two months. Since the New Year we’ve been bobbins and this guy hasn’t got a clue how to turn it around.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, alcd said:

He's not worth 3 million buttons. He cost Hertha about 4m euros and was obviously a total flop there so why on earth would be valued at 3m now? 

Christ it’s mental. Imagine letting Nyambe go for free then we actually pay cash for bambi on ice. 
Just give Nyambe the money. He’s worth it when you consider what we’d have to spend on a replacement 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

The key next season is pricing them right along with showing real ambition to build on this season and go one better if we miss out, whoever is boss.

I have little faith that'll be the case though it'll be very much carry on as usual and see where we land. That approach doesn't sell STs as we've seen last summer. Especially when they keep upping prices as well.