BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mitrovic should have been cautioned for sure but he had the referee in his pocket and we didn't.

Mitrovic was just more clever, none of his ‘dives’ looked as blatant as, Dolans. He’s a very good player that fella, clever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AAK said:

Mitrovic was just more clever, none of his ‘dives’ looked as blatant as, Dolans. He’s a very good player that fella, clever.

He made a few 'fouls' that weren't penalised and on 2 or 3 occasions following them he feigned (aka cheating) injury to aid his 'street smarts'.

Hes a flat track school yard bully in the Championship, and cosseted by weak Refs, and who cannot cut the mustard in the PL.

Keeley would have launched him into orbit.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, AAK said:

What? Both of Mitrovic's dives were blatant to me whereas I thought Dolan was clipped. And that's not because I'm a Rovers supporter. The second of Mitrovic's dives was akin to MGP, embarrassing. His first dive he stepped on Lenihan's boot.

Edited by bazza
  • Like 4

Got to give Van Hecke some credit for sticking to his task you'll not find a better forward of that type than Mitrovic in this league.

He got done easily a few times and out manned but he also wasn't afraid of giving him a dig back. Particularly liked the bit when he grabbed his shirt and shoved him down as if to say i'm not intimidated by you pal.

On 05/03/2022 at 13:13, CambridgeRover said:

Why did we spend money on Hedges, was that signing a fever dream 

A good friend of mine (A Rover who lives and hails from The Black Country) knows Ryan Hedges family very well. They are all bemused by how Rovers are playing him!

You could apply similar to several loanees over the past few years, FFS Tony, play players in the position that they are best suited!

38 minutes ago, booth said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19898505.tony-mowbray-explains-blackburn-rovers-didnt-sign-striker/

Given TM's previous - his bizarre decisions and history here as well as other clubs, I'll take those comments as his own.

So we fall away and it’s all on the manager, nothing to do with the owners?

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So we fall away and it’s all on the manager, nothing to do with the owners?

Mate I honestly agree that they are shite owners and have hardly any interest but IF like that article suggests that Mowbray could have brought someone in and had the finance to do so I don't see how the clubs failure to sign a player comes back on the owners?Apart from them continuing to penny pinch on a competent CEO and structure at the club

Obviously I am saying if money was there, if not then yeah it's on them.

• Like 2

It is all ‘ifs’ because no one on here has an idea of what really goes on at the club. 

‘Finance available’ means bugger all if it is at a level that can’t attract better quality players, just like these ‘improved contract offers’ mean bugger all if the players concerned don’t think they are worth signing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

A good friend of mine (A Rover who lives and hails from The Black Country) knows Ryan Hedges family very well. They are all bemused by how Rovers are playing him!

You could apply similar to several loanees over the past few years, FFS Tony, play players in the position that they are best suited!

How are we playing him ?

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

This playing players out of position is another reason why I want to be rid of Mowbray.

I look at the whole 5 years under him. There are some positives such as a happy dressing room and bringing youngsters through. But in those 5 years I cannot see a real progression in building a competent side and a way of playing consistent winning football.

When we were scoring goals for fun we had a weak defence. When we have a strong defence we cannot score. Throughout his tenure we have played square pegs in round holes.

This arrangement seems to be carrying on ad infinitum.

That's why I want Mowbray and most of his backroom staff to be replaced by someone far, far better.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, bazza said:

This playing players out of position is another reason why I want to be rid of Mowbray.

I look at the whole 5 years under him. There are some positives such as a happy dressing room and bringing youngsters through. But in those 5 years I cannot see a real progression in building a competent side and a way of playing consistent winning football.

When we were scoring goals for fun we had a weak defence. When we have a strong defence we cannot score. Throughout his tenure we have played square pegs in round holes.

This arrangement seems to be carrying on ad infinitum.

That's why I want Mowbray and most of his backroom staff to be replaced by someone far, far better.

Surely that would depend on how we finish the season? If we made the play offs and/or got promoted, surely that would be the ultimate progression? 4th suggests a level of competence, of course the only full gauge will be after the full season.

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Go on then, what position do they want him in and convince me this wasn't something to do with Brother Mogadon up there in situ at Aberdeen......? So far Darren this is a curious signing 

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s what I thought.      Aren’t - Mrs Shoelaces is a retired English teacher. She’s drummed it into me. The apostrophe replaces the missing o.

Then Mrs Shoelaces is doing a bloody good job!

I shudder at the standard of grammar today even from graduates!

Every time I saw Jack's statue at Ewood I almost wept - "Rovers greatest fan".  Where is the bloody apostrophe that should be after s in Rovers, to denote ownership!  Should read "Rovers' greatest fan"  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Every time I saw Jack's statue at Ewood I almost wept - "Rovers greatest fan".  Where is the bloody apostrophe that should be after s in Rovers, to denote ownership!  Should read "Rovers' greatest fan"  

I’ve just quizzed Mrs Shoelaces about this and she agrees with you. I’m still not 100% with punctuation, I’d have either not used an apostrophe or put it between the r and the s in Rovers. More teaching required.

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve just quizzed Mrs Shoelaces about this and she agrees with you. I’m still not 100% with punctuation, I’d have either not used an apostrophe or put it between the r and the s in Rovers. More teaching required.

It’s because you read The Grauniad, Tyrone…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s because you read The Grauniad, Tyrone…

Quite possibly. On the other hand could it be that the  English language is pretty complicated when you go into detail ? There’s a big block of posh new apartments that have been built near me. “ Jacob Bright Mew’s “ . Every time I walk past I think should I get some “ Tippex “ and whiten out the apostrophe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Quite possibly. On the other hand could it be that the  English language is pretty complicated when you go into detail ? There’s a big block of posh new apartments that have been built near me. “ Jacob Bright Mew’s “ . Every time I walk past I think should I get some “ Tippex “ and whiten out the apostrophe?

Should it not Jacob Bright's Mews? 🤣

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don’t know to be honest. She’s gone out at the moment, I’ll ask her when she gets back. When she criticises my English I always say “ We’ll it’s better than your Engineering “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

No, it should be Jacob Bright Mews. There was just no need for the apostrophe. Unless of course the mews in question do, in fact, belong to Jacob Bright 😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No, it should be Jacob Bright Mews. There was just no need for the apostrophe. Unless of course the mews in question do, in fact, belong to Jacob Bright 😉

The apartments were built on the site of the old “ John Bright “ textile complex. Actually part built on the site of the nursery for workers children , and part built on the site of the company football pitch. I played there a time or two in the mid 1960’s. I presume he had a son called Jacob. They lived in a mansion adjoining the site called “ One Ash “. The semi I live in is one of a row close by to the complex that were built for “ John  Bright “ mill managers in the 1920’s. They believed in  really being  “ hands on “ then.

When did you last see a company nursery ? Or a company build a football pitch for the employees ?

it all got bought out by asset strippers  ( Peel Holdings ) years ago. That’s who I pay my £4-40 a year ground rent to !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

With you 100%.

There's a lad on another thread who says it's the content that matters, not the grammar or spelling. 

Wouldn't get a job at my place

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

With you 100%.

There's a lad on another thread who says it's the content that matters, not the grammar or spelling. 

Wouldn't get a job at my place

Grammer is important, EG. I helped my Uncle Jack, off a horse.

Or                                       I helped my Uncle, jack off a horse.  

• Like 2