BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I think judging younger players who have only experienced Mowbray is far too harsh. Give everyone a chance under JDT, Dolan might shine

He already has shone, picked up from the scrap heap, a handful of goals and assists in each of the 2 seasons since and just earned a call up to the England Under 20’s where he bagged a goal in his second appearance 

Much to learn particularly around end product but we’ve seen him put in stand out man of the match performances in games he hasn’t assisted or scored by giving the defence a torrid time 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

He already has shone, picked up from the scrap heap, a handful of goals and assists in each of the 2 seasons since and just earned a call up to the England Under 20’s where he bagged a goal in his second appearance 

Much to learn particularly around end product but we’ve seen him put in stand out man of the match performances in games he hasn’t assisted or scored by giving the defence a torrid time 

Spot on Tom.

The lads 20yrs old, he's still one for the future, how anyone can justify selling him is beyond me...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Dolan is that poor why are teams higher up the food chain the Rovers interested in him ?

What a very salient point! If he goes to a top club and thrives we'll be told its easy with hindsight!!

I really don't think we will be shifting any players out (with the exception of BBD) until our new coaching team have thoroughly assessed everyone and their suitability to play the way JDT wants to play. I think these pre season games will tell us a lot about the new managers ethos and requirements from players and anybody not able to comply will go, perhaps in January. 

It really is something I'm excited to see evolve over the next few months.

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve more chance of signing Noel Cantwell and he’s dead.

well we have to see won't we Tyrone but Given that our Director of Football knows Cantwell well from the Norwich City days I think this is one transfer we can get done. 

10 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Keep Dolan for sure. He was signed two years ago for the U23s and is now a regular in the first team and will be playing for a manager who wants to play high intensity attacking football, he'll thrive in that. Potential is there, now let's get him settled under (hopefully) a manger that will play logical formations. 

exactly my thoughts Dom

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We have enough players to bring in without trying to replace Dolan aswell.

Keep, he might thrive under JDT, if not there is always next summer as he's got a few years left on his deal yet i think?

We need 5 or 6 signings. 

I would be offering Dolan a new contract here tbh. I am looking to seeing how he plays under JDT and where he will play

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Dolan is that poor why are teams higher up the food chain the Rovers interested in him ?

If Dolan is so good why did Preston release him at 18?

I can guarantee I’ve seen more of Dolan than any scout. Dolan has a really impressive CV for a player of his age, there’s no doubt about that, but as you know full well Tyrone, someone of his size needs to be able to run.

3m for a lad we signed for free 2 years ago who hasn’t exactly set the world alight is great business, especially if we include a sell on clause to cover our back

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well we have to see won't we Tyrone but Given that our Director of Football knows Cantwell well from the Norwich City days I think this is one transfer we can get done. 

exactly my thoughts Dom

We need 5 or 6 signings. 

I would be offering Dolan a new contract here tbh. I am looking to seeing how he plays under JDT and where he will play

Norwich were turning down £20 million bids from Aston Villa last summer.

They had asked for 11 million from Bournemouth for a deal to be made permanent this summer.

Il presume Cantwell is on more money than any of our players.

I appreciate that his Value will have come down but still feel this is a deal that is very unlikely to happen.I don't believe that Cantwell will sign on here for less money just because he knew Broughton when he was 15/16

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

If Dolan is so good why did Preston release him at 18?

I can guarantee I’ve seen more of Dolan than any scout. Dolan has a really impressive CV for a player of his age, there’s no doubt about that, but as you know full well Tyrone, someone of his size needs to be able to run.

3m for a lad we signed for free 2 years ago who hasn’t exactly set the world alight is great business, especially if we include a sell on clause to cover our back

Come on RV, thats doesn't mean anything.....the list of players wrongly released at 18/19yr is endless.

I remember one game last season where Dolan ran the show from start to finish, absolutely superb performance from a 20yr old, had the defence in knots, the midfield couldn't cope with him, excellent work rate too.

You don't sell your better players if you want to progress, not even for £3m, which is good money in the current climate I agree. 

• Like 1

Also, the conversation needs to happen with BBD and his representatives soon as he's back.

It's a tough one with him. Nobody saw this season coming. He may not have another in him!

So from a player, and club point of view, it may be better to make hay whilst the sun shines.

Equally, if we don't get the money to reinvest, you're losing half your goals.

I'd be looking to offer him a fresh 2 year deal, with an increased wage, with a buyout next summer. He's still a young man and seems to genuinely enjoy playing with his mates here. If he's no interest in committing to anything over 12 months then you sell to the highest bidder.

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Norwich were turning down £20 million bids from Aston Villa last summer.

They had asked for 11 million from Bournemouth for a deal to be made permanent this summer.

Il presume Cantwell is on more money than any of our players.

I appreciate that his Value will have come down but still feel this is a deal that is very unlikely to happen.I don't believe that Cantwell will sign on here for less money just because he knew Broughton when he was 15/16

That was last season. Norwich should have sold him. 

I think he probably on around 20k which I would is top end of our wage structure but if we are going to sell Ben Brereton Diaz then the money for buy should be there. 

Todd Cantwell need to get his career back on track and I think playing under someone like Jon Dahl Tomasson Might just be what he needs. 

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Also, the conversation needs to happen with BBD and his representatives soon as he's back.

It's a tough one with him. Nobody saw this season coming. He may not have another in him!

So from a player, and club point of view, it may be better to make hay whilst the sun shines.

I'd be looking to offer him a fresh 2 year deal, with an increased wage, with a buyout next summer. He's still a young man and seems to genuinely enjoy playing with his mates here. If he's no interest in committing to anything over 12 months then you sell to the highest bidder.

Gregg Broughton said last week he was meeting him and his agent this week

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I have a feeling this one might end in tears. As you rightly say he needs to be offered a deal that can keep him here for another couple of years (with caveats) straight away as if this goes beyond the Summer window and he hasn't signed his value will drop alarmingly. I worry about this 'wage structure' (which came to light last season) could really impede any negotiations and he walks for nothing next summer. My personal view is cash in now and don't run the risk of blowing a potential £20m sale especially when you consider we have already lost two (possibly three) players in similar circumstances.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I have a feeling this one might end in tears. As you rightly say he needs to be offered a deal that can keep him here for another couple of years (with caveats) straight away as if this goes beyond the Summer window and he hasn't signed his value will drop alarmingly. I worry about this 'wage structure' (which came to light last season) could really impede any negotiations and he walks for nothing next summer. My personal view is cash in now and don't run the risk of blowing a potential £20m sale especially when you consider we have already lost two (possibly three) players in similar circumstances.

He'll surely leave. His stock will never be this high again IMO and he'll have every man and his dog in his ear telling him to cash in now. You could easily imagine a couple of PL teams / clubs on the continent paying him £50k+.

• Like 5