BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

32 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Cantwell would be a shrewd signing. Didn't impress at Bournemouth and they opted out of the £11m option. With one year left of his deal I don't understand why we don't just try and sign him permanently - must be on daft wages. Loan him and potentially sign him permanently if we go up, or let him leave elsewhere (or on worse terms) if him and we don't perform well enough. Just speculating...

Lads (and lasses) - it's Nixon. There's absolutely no way he has a source at Ewood Park.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

It's a strange one with Cantwell, I rated him very highly just over a season ago but he has regressed sharply. Looks like all his confidence has just gone.

I wonder if we could help David Brooks rehabilitation on loan from Bournemouth? He was some player before his illness.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Cantwell was one of Broughton's recruits to Norwich. We could well be in there.

I'd be very excited if this is the type of player we are aiming at, yes he's been poor this year but we have seen what he's capable of and if we can help get him back into that player that he was, he will be unreal for us 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Lads (and lasses) - it's Nixon. There's absolutely no way he has a source at Ewood Park.

Whilst his success rate is questionable he correctly called out the DoF appointment happening before the Head Coach and said it was imminent days before the DoF was unveiled

I think the the major positive in a move for Cantwell is GB’s potential relationship and influence on him.

These are the types of signings you have to get right. That bit of magic to get them going again and suddenly you are overachieving with a player you could never have dreamt of affording! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LDRover said:

It's a strange one with Cantwell, I rated him very highly just over a season ago but he has regressed sharply. Looks like all his confidence has just gone.

I wonder if we could help David Brooks rehabilitation on loan from Bournemouth? He was some player before his illness.

It's not that his confidence has gone, it's that he is one of those players, that thinks the game of football is 2nd to his lifestyle. Players who allow their lifestyle to get in the way of their football, will drop off, because they are slowly falling out of love with the game. 

Do we need players like that around the club? There is a positive message being portrayed by the club, a togetherness, a plan. Do we need guys like Cantwell to come in and disrupt that vibe? 

If he comes, we need to structure this deal, in a way that ultimately protects the club from any sort of funny business. 

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ryan Giles supposedly off to Boro on loan (is there anyone they’re not getting?).

Just didn’t happen for him here, but Mowbray had a big part to play in that.

I think if we finish above Boro we'll be promoted. Expecting a mid table stability type season and to hopefully push on the season after.. If JDT doesn't realise that our owners don't give a shit and bail on us that is! Though I'm hoping Broughton's direct line into them should help on that front. 

16 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

Can Cantwell play centre half? 

Imagine last season:

”welcome to the club Todd lad, I’m Tony. Have you ever heard of a lad called John stones?”

10 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He may have one at Norwich though?

Todd Cantwell would be quality signing IMO. He would be good fit for the left side of 3 man attack behind the main striker.

I think Gregg Broughton's relationship with Todd Cantwell would be important here and if we want him then I would imagine that wages wouldn't be problem. Gregg Broughton has said we got the same wage budget as less season with healthy transfer budget. I don't know what a healthy transfer budget means but I trust Gregg Broughton to deliver the right signing. On the wage budget has probably down around 2 to 3 million this season cos Joe Rothwell, Darragh Lenihan,, Bradley Johnson and Jacob Davenport are off the wage bill permanently and loans wage cost. 

Gregg Broughton also said last week that he is meeting Ben Brereton and his agent this coming week. So it will be interesting what the outcome of that meeting is. 

Cantwell would be excellent, but with 1 year on his deal, no doubt decent wages surely they be pushing for a sale?

If we could get any sort of deal here, it be up there with the Armstrong signing as a real coup for the club. 

I think the pre-agreed deal with Bournemouth was 11 million, and i'm sure if that was reduced to just half that, there would be a rack of clubs trying to get him. Just unsure we have that type of money, whilst a loan makes zero sense for Norwich

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Cantwell would be excellent, but with 1 year on his deal, no doubt decent wages surely they be pushing for a sale?

If we could get any sort of deal here, it be up there with the Armstrong signing as a real coup for the club. 

I think the pre-agreed deal with Bournemouth was 11 million, and i'm sure if that was reduced to just half that, there would be a rack of clubs trying to get him. Just unsure we have that type of money, whilst a loan makes zero sense for Norwich

Loan to buy maybe? If we go up its set amount of million, if we stay down we don't buy? 

7 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Loan to buy maybe? If we go up its set amount of million, if we stay down we don't buy? 

Too risky for Norwich. Them getting a fee for their player would then depend on us getting promoted. They will want a fee for him this summer before he walks away for nothing next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

It's not that his confidence has gone, it's that he is one of those players, that thinks the game of football is 2nd to his lifestyle. Players who allow their lifestyle to get in the way of their football, will drop off, because they are slowly falling out of love with the game. 

Do we need players like that around the club? There is a positive message being portrayed by the club, a togetherness, a plan. Do we need guys like Cantwell to come in and disrupt that vibe? 

If he comes, we need to structure this deal, in a way that ultimately protects the club from any sort of funny business. 

Another David Bentley, only not as good.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

If you check out his Insta it screams, ‘concentrate on your bloody football’.

• Like 2

How much is Todd Cantwell worth now with only 12 months left on his contract? 4 or 5 million to buy? Wages around 1 million(20k a year) salary per season. Maybe less now they gone down cos of relegation wage clause. If Rovers want him then hopefully we can get a deal done quickly. I would guess Gregg Broughton and Rovers recruitment team are looing to bring in a 3 or 4 signings within the next few weeks. 

I wonder if John Park our head of recruitment might stay on now that Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson are now here. In one of the twitter Video Rovers released you can see Jon Dahl Tomasson meeting John Park. 

• Like 1