BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's gone to play for an excellent manager who has chased him for years.

Fair play to him.

Good riddance to Lenihan, we want players commited to Blackburn Rovers next season. The supporters deserve some success after last seasons failure. I have thought of a new chant next season, TOMASSONS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrisyG said:

For me, the first thing we need to address is we have no real leaders in the squad apart from maybe Ayala, but he's always injured. I'd be looking to bring in a couple of tough, experienced older pros who've been around the block to help our young lads.

Yeah we've tried that over the last few years with the likes of Downing, Johnson and to a lesser extent Ayala. I think age shouldn't be a barrier when it comes to being a leader on the pitch. I use man city as an example they don't have one real captain since cuntany left a couple of years ago. They have seasoned pros and more experienced players, but the focus is on the group rather than one leader. I think we have a decent young squad with some players who have played alot of games at this level especially for their age. If we get a team and a system the players believe in then we shouldn't need 'experience'.

10 hours ago, yankfan said:

Fair enough. Before the last 2 years the money he did spend seemed a waste 

I find the idea that Venkys didn't trust Mowbray in the transfer market so just didn't back him yet kept him in general to be an illogical way of thinking even for Venkys, it seems like a big logic leap to me.

His record in the transfer market wasn't bad, we are about to generate a second major profit on one of his signings.

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We've had that before - Bradley Johnson and it was awful 

Bradley Johnson certainly wasn't "awful" by any means, inconsistent perhaps but had plenty of good games.

But either way, even if he was deemed to be a poor signing which I would consider harsh, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't look for experience.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I find the idea that Venkys didn't trust Mowbray in the transfer market so just didn't back him yet kept him in general to be an illogical way of thinking even for Venkys, it seems like a big logic leap to me.

His record in the transfer market wasn't bad, we are about to generate a second major profit on one of his signings.

Bradley Johnson certainly wasn't "awful" by any means, inconsistent perhaps but had plenty of good games.

But either way, even if he was deemed to be a poor signing which I would consider harsh, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't look for experience.

His record isn’t bad, but spring of 2020 it didn’t look good. He’s spent £15 million on BBD and Gallagher, both looked a total loss and Armstrong had yet to pan out. Still waiting on Gally 

36 minutes ago, yankfan said:

His record isn’t bad, but spring of 2020 it didn’t look good. He’s spent £15 million on BBD and Gallagher, both looked a total loss and Armstrong had yet to pan out. Still waiting on Gally 

Fair enough, yeah I understand what you mean. I also don't see Gallagher ever proving to be a success, he isn't a total failure like many big money strikers in the past and he does tend to get close to double figures every season but even if we take him as a failure, the outlay of £15m on those 3 has overall proved to be a very good investment that will likely cause us to double our money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough, yeah I understand what you mean. I also don't see Gallagher ever proving to be a success, he isn't a total failure like many big money strikers in the past and he does tend to get close to double figures every season but even if we take him as a failure, the outlay of £15m on those 3 has overall proved to be a very good investment that will likely cause us to double our money.

That’s not really why we sign players. The idea is to sign players that improve the team and get the club further up the pecking order. We needed to improve the team that season and not 3 years in the future. If we’re looking for investments we should be putting our money in bitcoin or Rolex watches.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s not really why we sign players. The idea is to sign players that improve the team and get the club further up the pecking order. We needed to improve the team that season and not 3 years in the future. If we’re looking for investments we should be putting our money in bitcoin or Rolex watches.

Well of course, but ultimately those players appreciated in value through scoring plenty of goals for us. 

• Backroom

I have a hunch we may sign Winston Reid. Experienced CB, decent age to give a short contract, and his international caps pre-NZ were for the Danish youth teams.

Possibly scrap that, didn't realise he turns 34 in July.

Edited by Mike E

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I have a hunch we may sign Winston Reid. Experienced CB, decent age to give a short contract, and his international caps pre-NZ were for the Danish youth teams.

Possibly scrap that, didn't realise he turns 34 in July.

I remember when we were linked with him back in the day before he came to England.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1