BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Davenport is the type of player JDT wants in midfeld, combative and running all day. Anders Christiansen was that type of player at Malmoe and Travis is the first one but we are missing a replacement if Travis is injured.

Davenport is the one likely to be injured.

1 minute ago, neophox said:

£4m is no problem...wages would...

thats why we could buy promising talent with low wages.

Is £4m not a problem?! 

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Graham isn't going to criticise a friend on national radio is he?! Like I said, I watched the full game and his whole round game was typically poor but he did score a great goal in that game.

I also watched the game. He had a good game from memory and its was great goal 

I don't think your expectations of his likely goal tally if he plays regularly as a striker are too dissimilar to mine, I would suggest 10-12 personally and I think that tallies more with history, perhaps even on the generous side. 

Well maybe we might have since a much improved scoring rate if Mowbray had actually used him properly over the last 3 season

I am also not sure that Tomasson being a striker (with different attributes) makes a huge difference either, people often expect a former player to be better with players in that position but it seldom works out like that.

I'm sure Jon Dahl Tomasson knows what he will need to work on with Sam Gallagher and for me one of those is confidence which I'm not sure Mowbray was great at with Sam Gallagher. 

do it not work out? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I also watched the game. He had a good game from memory and its was great goal 

Well maybe we might have since a much improved scoring rate if Mowbray had actually used him properly over the last 3 season

I'm sure Jon Dahl Tomasson knows what he will need to work on with Sam Gallagher and for me one of those is confidence which I'm not sure Mowbray was great at with Sam Gallagher. 

do it not work out? 

The thing that I am saying is that I don't think that there is a significant difference between the goal threat he offers as a central striker and as a wide striker. See my analysis regarding his goal tallies as to what I mean:

"I look last season, he got 9 often playing wide, some were central like the 2 you mention and v Boro, he scored v Cardiff and Swansea when he was coming from wide, against Boro at home he was as a wide striker. He got 8 the season before again often from wide. The season before that he got 6 and he played central more that season than in the last 2. He got 11 in more games (no injures unlike the last 2 seasons) predominately playing in a front 2 with 2 wide men in his initial spell."

I think the whole "Mowbray needs to use him possibly" has skewed people's opinions because it was an easy stick to beat Mowbray with. It's all excuses ie if this happens and if that happens despite history showing little difference in goal threat regardless of position, just the common denominator that he has always had an average at best goal record. As I have shown above he doesn't really score more even when he is central, either way I don't think he will ever be a regular scorer. High single figures or at a push just over 10 is par with him. He also had a season at Birmingham where again he barely scored.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing that I am saying is that I don't think that there is a significant difference between the goal threat he offers as a central striker and as a wide striker. See my analysis regarding his goal tallies as to what I mean:

"I look last season, he got 9 often playing wide, some were central like the 2 you mention and v Boro, he scored v Cardiff and Swansea when he was coming from wide, against Boro at home he was as a wide striker. He got 8 the season before again often from wide. The season before that he got 6 and he played central more that season than in the last 2. He got 11 in more games (no injures unlike the last 2 seasons) predominately playing in a front 2 with 2 wide men in his initial spell."

I think the whole "Mowbray needs to use him possibly" has skewed people's opinions because it was an easy stick to beat Mowbray with. It's all excuses ie if this happens and if that happens despite history showing little difference in goal threat regardless of position, just the common denominator that he has always had an average at best goal record. As I have shown above he doesn't really score more even when he is central, either way I don't think he will ever be a regular scorer. High single figures or at a push just over 10 is par with him. He also had a season at Birmingham where again he barely scored.

Mowbray wasted Sam Gallagher out wide mostly. 

Lets see what he does up front under Jon Dahl Tomasson and the impact he has. I think he could get 15 goals if starts regular and keep form. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets see what he does up front under Jon Dahl Tomasson and the impact he has. I think he could get 15 goals if starts regular and keep form. 

Lets hope so, it would be great if he could. You clearly haven't acknowledged or read my points though because you just keep reverting back to the same 2 well trodden lines.

Edited by roversfan99

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Won't get a game once he's seen his lack of technical ability.  Should be a basic requirement for all the talk of this new Danish chap

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets hope so, it would be great if he could. You clearly haven't acknowledged or read my points though because you just keep reverting back to the same 2 well trodden lines.

I have read all points thanks as I always do but I stand by my opinion on this

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He has the worst first touch I've seen in professional football.

Agreed, he’s 6’4” but 5’6” challenging for a header.

He scored at Ewood at the back end of last season with a fluke: his first touch was dreadful and reached to regain control and as he lunged, scabbily flicked it over the keeper and in at the far post.

Hopefully JDT influence and some self belief could pay dividends.

Edited by darrenrover

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Agreed, he’s 6’4” but 5’6” challenging for a header.

He scored at Ewood at the back end of last season with a fluke: his first touch was dreadful and reached to regain control and as he lunged, scabbily flicked it over the keeper and in at the far post.

Hopefully JDT influence and some self belief could pay dividends.

He is very good in the air. 

His first touch is terrible though, true enough. 

19 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Darragh out, Van Hecke in on a permanent!

As a starter for 10, that would do me!

I think he’ll be pushing for a first team spot at Brighton this season, they play with 3 centre halves. Slim chance of us getting him back I feel. 

12 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Darragh out, Van Hecke in on a permanent!

As a starter for 10, that would do me!

van hecke is going to the top echelons of the game,unfortunately we ar`nt in a position to have him here at the moment,as for darragh,**** him,he`s bog standard stopper with a bad disciplinary record,defenders of his type are ten a penny,if ayala was`nt such a crock he`d be a much better replacement

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

I think he’ll be pushing for a first team spot at Brighton this season, they play with 3 centre halves. Slim chance of us getting him back I feel. 

Never say never, perhaps I/we live in hope but what a fabulous signing if we were to pull it off!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Jason Robert didn't touch the ball.. the ball touched Jason Roberts.. 

And then 'crumble' on the deck he always was.. shoild have been nicknamed ten pin! 

Reminds me of a quote attributed to Zlatan on Lukaku - said he'd give him £50 for every good first touch and never had to pay out. 

This encapsulated Roberts - incredible strength and decent pace but his finishing needed help 

• Like 2