BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Richie Lareya is available as a RWB/RB on loan from Forest. Never given a chance with Forest and is a very experienced player. An integral part of the exciting Canadian WC team. 

12 hours ago, JoeH said:

GS has quite a few of ours at Rovers @J*B

does he really? that's interesting! he's a local lad round here, has (had?) a cheese shop/café in the neighbouring town and was a mate of mine's p.e. teacher. when i saw he'd gone into representation i really wasn't expecting him to ever be so high up the food chain, let alone be up there already! out of pure interest, who else at rovers does he represent?

Edited by nbdelboy

Regarding BBD, I was fortunate enough to meet Ben and his parents a few times at the back end of last season….super folk too I have to say. In fact I spent all of the second half at Peterborough sat next to Ben’s mother Andrea.

They clearly dote on their son as they should, aren’t motivated by money and only want Ben to be happy in what he does. Importantly, he’s extremely happy at Rovers, as are they that he’s here. It would not be down to any influence from them should he be ‘moved on’.

Given the opportunity to progress his future and benefit Rovers too under the tutorage of JDT, I don’t think Brereton will be looking to go anywhere soon. 

It’s pro football though, they’re all ‘pieces of meat’!……

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Regarding BBD, I was fortunate enough to meet Ben and his parents a few times at the back end of last season….super folk too I have to say. In fact I spent all of the second half at Peterborough sat next to Ben’s mother Andrea.

They clearly dote on their son as they should, aren’t motivated by money and only want Ben to be happy in what he does. Importantly, he’s extremely happy at Rovers, as are they that he’s here. It would not be down to any influence from them should he be ‘moved on’.

Given the opportunity to progress his future and benefit Rovers too under the tutorage of JDT, I don’t think Brereton will be looking to go anywhere soon. 

So naive! His mum ain’t going to tell all and sundry in the away end the ins and outs! 😁

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Looking at his playing career - a strange one if true - especially for 500k. Carter looks a better bet based on his success at Portsmouth.

Looks like a complete nothing Tweet. Reading the thread of tweets in response people are laughing at the made up nature  of them. I would think its some kid just pi55ing about

2 minutes ago, AJW said:

His agent will have final say , not him or his parents … that’s modern football I’m afraid 

Agent is involved but Usually comes down to ambition and money….If he can get a club in the highest leagues of Spain, Italy or England on 4x the money then why would he stay?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

That's no good unless he signs a new contract. We can't afford to lose him for nowt next summer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

In a total contradiction to the above I was told Rovers are offering him out at 20M and want it done quickly. So who knows!

The noise, is similar to Armstrong last season, with the same comments of "if he goes, we'd hope to have some of that money to spend" Publically we are certainly not issuing a "hands off".

I suspect he will go, I just hope we are already identifying a replacement, where we can push the button once we get an acceptable fee.

I think most of us would like him to stay, but we have to be realistic, he hasnt agreed a new deal (not sure if one has/was offered), so like Armstrong we have little choice but to cash in sadly

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The noise, is similar to Armstrong last season, with the same comments of "if he goes, we'd hope to have some of that money to spend" Publically we are certainly not issuing a "hands off".

I suspect he will go, I just hope we are already identifying a replacement, where we can push the button once we get an acceptable fee.

I think most of us would like him to stay, but we have to be realistic, he hasnt agreed a new deal (not sure if one has/was offered), so like Armstrong we have little choice but to cash in sadly

I always find it interesting with Rovers. Bigger, better run clubs, obviously with more pull than us, always spend the money before they sell. We're the complete opposite, Rhodes, Armstrong etc are fine examples. We scratch around late in the window trying to make the funds worth it.

I remember Bale when he went to Madrid, Spurs spent all the fee before sanctioning the move. Looks as though Boro are trying the same before the Spence move. Granted it's a risk... what if he gets injured? But you've got to be proactive in this market. Decide you're selling him and sign some replacements BEFORE the green light is given.

EDIT: I'm not saying Boro are bigger than us.

Edited by Mellor Rover

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

I always find it interesting with Rovers. Bigger, better run clubs, obviously with more pull than us, always spend the money before they sell. We're the complete opposite, Rhodes, Armstrong etc are fine examples. We scratch around late in the window trying to make the funds worth it.

I remember Bale when he went to Madrid, Spurs spent all the fee before sanctioning the move. Looks as though Boro are trying the same before the Spence move. Granted it's a risk... what if he gets injured? But you've got to be proactive in this market. Decide you're selling him and sign some replacements BEFORE the green light is given.

100% last seasons sale of Armstrong with no replacement was criminal. There was nothing to suggest Brereton could replicate the goalscoring void Armstrong left.

Thankfully BBD, did, however his injury, said goodbye to promotion, and had we bagged a striker in the summer, then i think we'd have picked up more points than we did in 2022

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Interestingly, as one of the earliest and staunchest defenders of Brereton, I want him to go.

It's best for all concerned - we get a much needed injection of cash, we show that we can be a stepping stone for the next young player and quite frankly we don't have to worry about whether it was all a fluke. Obviously Ben gets his big money / opportunity.

He's not a £20m player.

That's only a good idea if the Club receives the money for Brereton. There is absolutely no guarantee about that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Not to contradict you but haven't seen this anywhere else. 

Yeah it’s a random transfer generator account mate.

Chaddy’s fallen for it hook line and sinker, be very surprised if he hasn’t tweeted Nixon for confirmation yet 🤣