BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Venus was supposedly in charge of negotiating transfers at one point.

Probably why we could never get any deals over the line or, if we did, why they were on such massively unfavourable terms.

Possibly an issue, but we know Venkys were a big problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes didn’t Venus end up with a second title of ‘Head of Football’ of something? Suppose his business card didn’t have room for ‘Head of Real Estate’ too…

He'd be better off with the title of Head full of air, or better still Mr Dandruff Sandwich the 3rd.

Is it only me who thinks there’s no chance a team pays 20 million for BBD with a year left on his deal? We got 15 for Armstrong in the same contractual situation after he’d scored 28 goals, maybe Ben has a bigger profile with the whole Chile thing but for me I’d be surprised if we got more than 15 for him. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah the brerton deal was a loan with obligation to buy as well. Seven million does sound like a lot, considering the amount of football and more importantly senior goals he'd got at forest. 

High fee, low wages was the word put out on the street by Waggot at the time.

Also i'm sure 'no clauses' was also chucked about on here as a defense for the club paying so much.

3 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think it's like 20% sell on of any profit. I'm trying to remember back to when we signed him. Meaning if we got 20 that's 13 profit, so they would get 2.6 if my maths is right.

Does the taxman get some as well ?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes didn’t Venus end up with a second title of ‘Head of Football’ of something? Suppose his business card didn’t have room for ‘Head of Real Estate’ too…

he had the dual (triple?) role of assistant manager and director of football / technical director, but was only officially known as the assistant manager. i think.. cue someone a bit more in the know to clear that up a bit!

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Is it only me who thinks there’s no chance a team pays 20 million for BBD with a year left on his deal? We got 15 for Armstrong in the same contractual situation after he’d scored 28 goals, maybe Ben has a bigger profile with the whole Chile thing but for me I’d be surprised if we got more than 15 for him. 

20 total for armstrong, wasn't it? but the 5 mill top up of the initial 15 is / was drip fed through clauses and such. unless there's a bidding war as the window progresses, i would imagine any deal for bbd would be structured much the same

3 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

20 total for armstrong, wasn't it? but the 5 mill top up of the initial 15 is / was drip fed through clauses and such. unless there's a bidding war as the window progresses, i would imagine any deal for bbd would be structured much the same

Was it not 15 but with performance based add ons? And looking at how his first season went there I don’t think we’ll be seeing those 😂

2 hours ago, Butty said:

I think BBD is more likely to be a success in the Prem than Armstrong. His all round game is better.

• Like 4

The exciting platters we get linked with between now and say mid July won't happen.

It will be similar to getting linked with Farke and Cavalhal and them going elsewhere because we're too slow off the mark.

Hope there are still some decent bargains to be had in August 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think it's like 20% sell on of any profit. I'm trying to remember back to when we signed him. Meaning if we got 20 that's 13 profit, so they would get 2.6 if my maths is right.

We didn’t pay £7m, that would have been the final figure had all caveats been fulfilled (eg us being promoted).

Actual fee we paid was closer to £3m-£4m, which means any percentage of profit owed to Forest will actually be higher.

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

We didn’t pay £7m, that would have been the final figure had all caveats been fulfilled (eg us being promoted).

Actual fee we paid was closer to £3m-£4m, which means any percentage of profit owed to Forest will actually be higher.

The percentage would remain the same, the amount would go up.

• Like 1

Very quiet on the transfer front but I'm sure things are bubbling up nicely behind the scenes. 

We usually only find out about players joining us around 48 hours before they actually join. And it's about the same time that I ever knew those players existed! I'm not sure any had predicted or heard of Khadra, Van Hecke, et al this time last year. 

I trust the manager to get it right in the transfer market.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Saadi contract extended now 20 years old. 

Heard good things a few years ago but nothing since. Is he's capable of breaking into the first team?

Not yet. We need some experienced bodies in, I’m all for giving a couple of the young boys a spot on the bench now and then but we’ve got to get the right balance of experience and youth. I’m hoping we sign a couple of experienced pros on frees and then loan some young talent in, or in the Bosnian lads case, buy him outright.

I guess it’s hard to say without knowing the exact budget we’ve got, but expecting 5 or 6 of the under 23s to come into the squad is way to much, the difference between under 23 and championship football is massive.

25 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Heard good things a few years ago but nothing since. Is he's capable of breaking into the first team?

maybe look for a loan to a football league club where he can play regular football this season. 

4 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah especially since the five sub rule is coming back next season. No harm in having a few of the academy lads on the bench for a some game time.

Absolutely. But I’ve seen some fans on twitter expecting Phillips, Vale, Leonard, Garrett and Brown all to be starting games! That would be suicide, for the club and for the lads themselves. Get them out on loan and get them some game time, with the exception of Brown maybe who I expect to be our backup right back. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not a hope in hell will Saadi make our first team

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Butty said:

Absolutely. But I’ve seen some fans on twitter expecting Phillips, Vale, Leonard, Garrett and Brown all to be starting games! That would be suicide, for the club and for the lads themselves. Get them out on loan and get them some game time, with the exception of Brown maybe who I expect to be our backup right back. 

I think Vale, Garrett and Phillips should be this season first team squad for me

• Like 1