BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We won’t attract any top players with the current wage structure in place. 

But if we use more wage budget to keep one player at club it restricts new management team. Hard to accept but we have to support new regime judgement on new players.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

Playing devil's advocate here but how many bids ever actually came in for Lenihan or Nyambe? I mean we give them a considerable pay rise with a view to recouping money but if no bids have ever come in why would they in the future. Some players get their pay rises by being solid Championship players and playing the Bosman/contractor market. 

• Like 1

So the 3 first team contract rebels have gone.

Here's my view

Nyambe - in 2 minds  sad to see go but if we are to play 5 3 2 he is no use at all. 

To play this formation you need end product 

442 he'd be great 

433 he gets exposed when caught high up pitch . This was down to no support in front of him

Lenihan

Is he really that good ? Was awful before switch in formation . Passing is terrible always out of position . Used to drive me mad when he lost ball on half way line . Also doesn't strike me as much of a leader . Head goes down blames others .

Rothwell. 

Glad he's gone. 1 in 6 game player . Runs into trouble . And no bottle. 

Looks fantastic when beating a man. Then doesn't get head up. 10 assist but how many were set plays .  

All in all not really bothered that any of the 3 have left . All replaceable . The problem is you need money to do that 

Had they all be sold I'd be over the moon . But letting all 3 go for nothing is shocking. And someone should be held accountable for that  

Pretty sure in Jan could have got 3-5 million for them and re invested into some young players.

• Like 1

Nyambe - a solid defender.

Absolutely horrific to at a minimum need to purchase 3 key players, and that's before everything else.

Hope we have a healthy budget.

People forgetting that we havent had a good left back for years. 

What's to say we get the right back signing right? 

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The owners would have cover running costs again. 

Then why didn't they do that and let Mowbray spend some of the Armstrong cash, particularly in January when we had promotion in our sights?

• Like 2

So whatever Broughton said or offered clearly not enough to persuade Nyambe to hang around. 

Rumours are a move to Stoke so we can't even use the comfort blanket of him going to a higher division club. 

For all the hot air rivals are paying more and are more attractive places to be. 

As for Waggott he should resign. There has to be a consequence to the travesty of losing 3 key players for £0 like this.

• Like 7

Nyambe is replaceable, but this sets the tone, shows the ambition of the club and despite all the fur coat over the appointment of JDT, we're wearing no knickers, its the same old story I'm afraid.

The only hope here is, JDT/Broughton can find cheap players from abroad, we're going to need them.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So whatever Broughton said or offered clearly not enough to persuade Nyambe to hang around. 

Rumours are a move to Stoke so we can't even use the comfort blanket of him going to a higher division club. 

For all the hot air rivals are paying more and are more attractive places to be. 

As for Waggott he should resign. There has to be a consequence to the travesty of losing 3 key players for £0 like this.

He won’t resign, so he should be removed from post.

However, that would mean senior executives being held accountable at the club. The yearly failure over ticketing shows that constantly missing targets means bugger all.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes, this is a reality check. It’s been fun watching our charismatic new head coach, but both he and Broughton have a huge task ahead of them. They can’t do the job with one hand tied behind their backs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Then why didn't they do that and let Mowbray spend some of the Armstrong cash, particularly in January when we had promotion in our sights?

Didn’t Mowbray say that there was funds for players in January but decided on not to buy another striker, i’m sure he said that in a interview somewhere. He did however bring in Markanday from Spurs for the future though

Also think in January, Mowbray felt betrayed and disappointed, his ego was decimated and he lost all interest in the club. The penny dropped by then and he realised he wasn’t being offered a new contract

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2

I'm absolutely gutted to see Lenihan and Nyambe go. Rothwell less so, no matter how exciting he could be.

The other two are lads who the club have invested a lot of money in over the years. The academy is not a cheap place to run. In most cases players usually sign a contract knowing they are leaving in order to get the club some money. Neither Lenihan or Nyambe thought it worthwhile, which is perhaps a sign of what they think of it.

Nyambe was a good right back. Why he got so much stick is anyones guess. He will be a struggle to replace.

I wish the lads well but I do wish they had been persuaded to sign a contract, give the new coach a year and then make the club some money at the end of the season if they are good enough. They haven't gone anywhere special - Stoke and Boro are plodders. They have been sold a dream that Waggott couldn't sell.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm absolutely gutted to see Lenihan and Nyambe go. Rothwell less so, no matter how exciting he could be.

The other two are lads who the club have invested a lot of money in over the years. The academy is not a cheap place to run. In most cases players usually sign a contract knowing they are leaving in order to get the club some money. Neither Lenihan or Nyambe thought it worthwhile, which is perhaps a sign of what they think of it.

Nyambe was a good right back. Why he got so much stick is anyones guess. He will be a struggle to replace.

I wish the lads well but I do wish they had been persuaded to sign a contract, give the new coach a year and then make the club some money at the end of the season if they are good enough. They haven't gone anywhere special - Stoke and Boro are plodders. They have been sold a dream that Waggott couldn't sell.

I reckon it's a defense mechanism for our fans knowing we won't replace Nyambe with better.

• Like 4

Waggot has lost thousands of ST holders on his watch and now 3 read it again THREE of our graduate players.

All for nothing, zero, zilch.

This of course can be dressed up as part of the great reset but it isn't is it, it leaves the new manager instantly needing 3 key players with likely no money to bring them in. 

In short it's pathetic.

Mowbray is gone now carry on the great reset and get rid of this bum who has done nothing in his time here except try and downgrade everything whilst pushing prices up.

• Like 9

I am in no way defending the management structure here, but I was genuinely intrigued to get a feel of how much trading goes on between clubs in the Championship for the few million we feel the leaving players are worth. According to the site referenced below not many at all last season. Our figures seem pretty accurate so I'd guess other clubs are.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

14 minutes ago, pomster said:

Didn’t Mowbray decide on not to buy another striker, i’m sure he said that in a interview somewhere. Brought Markanday in from Spurs for the future though

Also think come January Mowbrays ego was decimated and he lost all interest in the club. He had realised by then he wasn’t getting a new contract

That much was clear.

I think he was trying to be as professional as he could but his dummy had come out. In truth he was just another self serving gravy train rider by the end. Only really interested in keeping his own nest feathered.

True he could have walked but tbh it might have been a blessing at that stage.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Waggot has lost thousands of ST holders on his watch and now 3 read it again THREE of our graduate players.

This of course can be dressed up as part of the great reset but it isn't is it, it leaves the new manager instantly needing 3 key players with likely no money to bring them in. 

In short it's pathetic.

Mowbray is gone now carry on the great reset and get rid of this bum who has done nothing in his time here except try and downgrade everything whilst pushing prices up.

Yet Waggot is spinning the line to concentrate on using our academy lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nyambe is replaceable, but this sets the tone, shows the ambition of the club and despite all the fur coat over the appointment of JDT, we're wearing no knickers, its the same old story I'm afraid.

The only hope here is, JDT/Broughton can find cheap players from abroad, we're going to need them.

It's not good but last season we got Kaminski and Travis to put pen to paper so hopefully going forward the club will start acting normally(I'm not holding my breath I'm saying hopefully,) and sell players if they haven't committed to a new deal with 18-12 months left on their contracts.

Rumours are Lenihen will be on 30k a week at Boro, he isn't worth that sort of money and I wouldn't have wanted the club committing to a 4 year deal on that contract 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

In short it's pathetic.

As ive already stated on the ST thread, I worked out what its going to cost to replace these three players, we could of filled the ground for free all season

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's not good but last season we got Kaminski and Travis to put pen to paper so hopefully going forward the club will start acting normally(I'm not holding my breath I'm saying hopefully,) and sell players if they haven't committed to a new deal with 18-12 months left on their contracts.

Rumours are Lenihen will be on 30k a week at Boro, he isn't worth that sort of money and I wouldn't have wanted the club committing to a 4 year deal on that contract 

I found out the other day that we offered Lenihan a contract worth 24k/week.

I'm personally glad he's gone, I don't think he's worth that - we could probably find someone who'd be happy with just over half of that amount.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

It would feel better if these players were going to clubs bigger, or at least in a higher league than us. 

In those circumstances you can hold your hands up and accept the situation and move on, albeit still significantly out of pocket.

But what we are facing is losing them to immediate rivals. The likes of Middlesbrough and Stoke. Mid table Championship sides. Sides who I have been told for the last 3-4 years have their FFP comeuppance looming and that these clubs would be sanctioned due to their huge losses and wages whilst good old Rovers make sacrifices in order to avoid that fate.

Back in the real world they haven't been sanctioned, despite losing far more than us, just as I confidently predicted they wouldn't, and are now able to cherry pick our key, prized core academy developed players by offering them better packages 

Think a few on here need to admit they were wrong about those sanctions and that we've been taken for fools.

Venkys out.

Waggott out.

Asap.

• Like 3