BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says we can't afford wages for established players or keep players like Lenihan or Nyambe? But you got to accept we have a wage structure and we won't break it. In my opinion that is right that no one player is bigger than the club and we shouldn't be over paying wage wise anyone. 

Has Nyambe gone anywhere yet? clearly not rated as highly by other clubs as some people do on here. We offered Lenihan a good contract offer but he reject the offers. Good luck to him there. 

Maybe he will sign that new contract here then

thanks for sharing

Hi Chaddy. I agree with the first part I've highlighted in bold. But how do you define 'over paying wage wise'? I would suggest ALL high level professional footballers are overpaid, just as most houses are 'overpriced'. But, if you accept that costs are what they are then, if you can find a way to afford the best you can, surely you do - on an individual basis? Or just let someone else get the player/house and invest in it, whilst you fall behind, with a load of regrets.

What I'm trying to say is 'overpaying' is completely subjective, based on what you are trying to achieve and based on the investment (financial/emotional etc) you have made in something? Sometimes stretching for that is better than the alternative, which is where we are now: Hoping something else comes up that might, possible, replace what we missed out on... 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If I was a young player at Rovers I’d be a lot more bothered by the fact we don’t pay our academy graduates enough to keep them here. What message does it send about our pathway when Lenihan, who has been here for years, played over 250 games, become our captain, and gained international recognition has just walked away to a team of similar stature?

They know that they will have to leave at some point to get what they are worth, why not now?

Totally agree.

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

So I take it you’d be annoyed if we signed Cyrus Christie then? Or any of the other free agents who haven’t signed anywhere yet. They must not be rated by other clubs either.

I want Nathan Byrne or Callum Brittain. Both would be good signing and improvement on Nyambe

Cyrus Christie would be decent enough. 

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Have you genuinely got a meeting with Waggott later today?

Yes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

No easy solution I know, especially with FFP, but in my view, a more relaxed approach under FFP rules could work.

I get the need for clubs to stop over spending, but there needs to be perhaps some sort of an exception, like the money spent on facilities, not being counted for FFP.

We have a grade 1 academy and are clearly producing a steady stream of youngsters, so losing them to the big clubs is simply heart breaking.

Aye, to encourage clubs to nurture their own players some sort of FFP easing on graduates should be in place. Something like if someone graduated from your academy, only half their wages count towards FFP, or their first professional contract doesn't count towards it. Something like that. I'm sure it won't happen though. Probably not enough clubs affected anywhere near as much as us by it, and some clubs like Preston don't even operate a full youth program (no U-21s in their case). So they probably wouldn't vote for it, and Waggott wouldn't have the nous to suggest it.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes

Tell him it's a false economy not to pay Phillips another grand or two a week if that's what his agent is asking, as it's absolutely dwarfed by the potential lost transfer fee.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says we can't afford wages for established players or keep players like Lenihan or Nyambe? But you got to accept we have a wage structure and we won't break it. In my opinion that is right that no one player is bigger than the club and we shouldn't be over paying wage wise anyone. 

Has Nyambe gone anywhere yet? clearly not rated as highly by other clubs as some people do on here. We offered Lenihan a good contract offer but he reject the offers. Good luck to him there. 

Maybe he will sign that new contract here then

thanks for sharing

Who said anything about 'over paying' on wages? Just because we are unable or unwilling to pay the going rate doesn't mean it is a case of overpaying.

I'm baffled with how you seem to be so comfortable with the Lenihan situation, just like the club, shrug shoulders, move on and forget all about it. I don't wish him good luck because he's playing for a direct rival. It is unacceptable.

I don't have to accept anything. I can recognise the situation without accepting it is good or right. The money saved through this 'wage structure' has just been wiped out overnight by losing Lenihan and Nyambe for nothing. So no I don't accept it.

I don't know what Nyambe's circumstances are. But to suggest the lack of an announcement on his next move as being indicative of him not being in demand I think is wrong. I think most of the Championship would take him on a free in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Hi Chaddy. I agree with the first part I've highlighted in bold. But how do you define 'over paying wage wise'? I would suggest ALL high level professional footballers are overpaid, just as most houses are 'overpriced'. But, if you accept that costs are what they are then, if you can find a way to afford the best you can, surely you do - on an individual basis? Or just let someone else get the player/house and invest in it, whilst you fall behind, with a load of regrets.

What I'm trying to say is 'overpaying' is completely subjective, based on what you are trying to achieve and based on the investment (financial/emotional etc) you have made in something? Sometimes stretching for that is better than the alternative, which is where we are now: Hoping something else comes up that might, possible, replace what we missed out on... 

what you consider the right wage for the player you want to offer the new contract, his important to the team and whether you can sign a similar or better quality replacement for similar wages or less. 

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Will you recommend signings to him?

I am not a professional scout or know the wages or agents of players. Plus have access to the club scouting network/software. 

Its good to suggest names on a fan Rovers site and leads to good discussion on potential signings

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

And will you tell us all what happens please?

Yes I will. Might be tomorrow it happens but I will do report on what was said 

• Like 1

To his credit, Waggott will see and speak to most people if you email him. In my opinion part of the problem is he’s speaking to too many of the wrong fans… but obviously that’s because my views are drastically different. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

From what I've seen of the Rovers graduates that have come from other Academies, they're failed ones that we've identified and given a second chance to - JRC, Travis etc. We're not stealing the cream of their crop.

I'm on about younger....all the age groups from U10

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I will. Might be tomorrow it happens but I will do report on what was said 

Doubt you will be told anything new if you are going to reveal all on BRFCS Messageboard.

However appreciate your efforts and hope you glean something positive.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be success if people actually give it time and patience and don't start judging over a short 5 weeks period but over the long term and improvements going on at the club with all departments under his control. 

Yes we need some transfers in but only around 5 or 6 signings. I'm sure they will happening in the coming days, weeks before the deadlines ends. Alot more clubs need more signings then us and some of those don't have Category 1 status Academy producing players of first team quality. 

I disagree we are well behind where we need to be right now. 

Even JDT has said we are behind in terms of recruitment.

JUST the five or six. Ah, nowt to worry about there, then. Walk in the park, that. So far we’re up to, erm, zero.

Yes, it’s great having a Category One status academy, but only if it’s aligned to good external recruitment.

It’s a pipe dream to think the academy alone will produce enough quality players.

We have lost several first team players and are less than a fortnight away from heading into the new season with not one single replacement. If that’s not behind where we need to be, I don’t know what would be.

Every player we are credited with having an interest in ends up going elsewhere. That is a major concern.

If the new DOF / Waggott don’t get cracking, the season will be a struggle.

The fact that JDT is saying, “speak to Greg”, already has a hint of, “I’m getting a bit peed off”.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

To his credit, Waggott will see and speak to most people if you email him. In my opinion part of the problem is he’s speaking to too many of the wrong fans… but obviously that’s because my views are drastically different. 

myself and @Miller11 had a meeting around Christmas we told him the issues as we saw it, we provided potential solutions , absolutely nothing has changed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Even JDT has said we are behind in terms of recruitment.

JUST the five or six. Ah, nowt to worry about there, then. Walk in the park, that. So far we’re up to, erm, zero.

Yes, it’s great having a Category One status academy, but only if it’s aligned to good external recruitment.

It’s a pipe dream to think the academy alone will produce enough quality players.

We have lost several first team players and are less than a fortnight away from heading into the new season with not one single replacement. If that’s not behind where we need to be, I don’t know what would be.

Every player we are credited with having an interest in ends up going elsewhere. That is a major concern.

If the new DOF / Waggott don’t get cracking, the season will be a struggle.

The fact that JDT is saying, “speak to Greg”, already has a hint of, “I’m getting a bit peed off”.

the way it is going i'd be amazed if JDT is here at christmas i reckon he will walk soon

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

myself and @Miller11 had a meeting around Christmas we told him the issues as we saw it, we provided potential solutions , absolutely nothing has changed.

Has he provided any feedback?

I noticed he was quoted on the Phillips contract and claimed it was done. No wonder people are getting a touch concerned.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

"Ash Phillips agreement and Blackburn Rovers contract latest as negotiations take focus - LancsLive" https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-phillips-contract-latest-21594468?fr=operanews

Once again we've been taken for fools by Waggott and co. 

Why tell the local press his future is agreed and secured if it isn't?

We're being taken for mugs.

Unrelated to the article, but Broughton seems to be in above his head, in a position that he has no experience of. A lot on his shoulders to get right and he is probably now realising what a mess the club is in.

His job was to deliver signings. We have none, so close to the new season. That's a fail, in my view. Another one who talks a good game. "It's only been five weeks" will soon become "It's only been 3 months", "It's only been 6 months" and "let's see what he does with a full summer".

None of this lot will deliver a jot for Rovers, in my opinion. They can dress up the youth project all they want, as we hurtle towards L1.

An added layer of protection has been installed, that's all that has changed, in my opinion. It's JDT I feel sorry for, he's better than this joke of a setup, and I think he'll show that by walking at some point.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

What, someone who enjoys a bad situation too much ?

Bad situation..?  Now, you'll be getting labelled negative lad....its a great situation JDT and GB at the wheel....looking forward to a great season.

Every club has a scout who scouts other academies....Cat 1 anyway.

4 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

the way it is going i'd be amazed if JDT is here at christmas i reckon he will walk soon

I don't think he will because he'll have an idea what hes taken on otherwise he wouldn't keep saying Project.

He'll know there is a very limited budget but i wouldn't be surprised if he has an escaple clause somewhere in his 3 year contract.

He won't walk though it's not going to reflect very well on him before hes even seen what his squad can or can't do.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Who said anything about 'over paying' on wages? Just because we are unable or unwilling to pay the going rate doesn't mean it is a case of overpaying.

I'm baffled with how you seem to be so comfortable with the Lenihan situation, just like the club, shrug shoulders, move on and forget all about it. I don't wish him good luck because he's playing for a direct rival. It is unacceptable.

I don't have to accept anything. I can recognise the situation without accepting it is good or right. The money saved through this 'wage structure' has just been wiped out overnight by losing Lenihan and Nyambe for nothing. So no I don't accept it.

I don't know what Nyambe's circumstances are. But to suggest the lack of an announcement on his next move as being indicative of him not being in demand I think is wrong. I think most of the Championship would take him on a free in a heartbeat.

I disagree we are unable or unwillingness to pay the going rate as that doesn't tallying up when we given new contracts and extensions to Thomas Kaminski, Lewis Travis and Sam Gallagher.

Why am I comfortable with the Lenihan's situation? Cos we offer him good terms and he didn't want to sign them. He continue to play to his best and get us promotion last season. I think it came apparent in the last few weeks of the season he would move on despite myself and others wanting/thinking he would sign a new contract. He has decided to move on from our club and sign for Boro. He is steady Championship player

Also I don't get too attached to players being here as it a Career for them despite what we might think. The last Player I got attached to was Alan Shearer. Since him leaving I never have again

On Nyambe, Its been 19 days since he left us and no one has sign him up. So where are these queue of Championship clubs wanting to sign him and maybe the lack of interest in him is maybe why his agent reopen contract talks with Rovers? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree we are unable or unwillingness to pay the going rate as that doesn't tallying up when we given new contracts and extensions to Thomas Kaminski, Lewis Travis and Sam Gallagher.

Why am I comfortable with the Lenihan's situation? Cos we offer him good terms and he didn't want to sign them. He continue to play to his best and get us promotion last season. I think it came apparent in the last few weeks of the season he would move on despite myself and others wanting/thinking he would sign a new contract. He has decided to move on from our club and sign for Boro. He is steady Championship player

Also I don't get too attached to players being here as it a Career for them despite what we might think. The last Player I got attached to was Alan Shearer. Since him leaving I never have again

On Nyambe, Its been 19 days since he left us and no one has sign him up. So where are these queue of Championship clubs wanting to sign him and maybe the lack of interest in him is maybe why his agent reopen contract talks with Rovers? 

Do you acknowledge that letting Lenihan leave for free, then needing to replace him to the tune of 3/4 million quid plus 20K+ a week in wages is terrible practise? 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We're being taken for mugs.

Unrelated to the article, but Broughton seems to be in above his head, in a position that he has no experience of. A lot on his shoulders to get right and he is probably now realising what a mess the club is in.

His job was to deliver signings. We have none, so close to the new season. That's a fail, in my view. Another one who talks a good game. "It's only been five weeks" will soon become "It's only been 3 months", "It's only been 6 months" and "let's see what he does with a full summer".

None of this lot will deliver a jot for Rovers, in my opinion. They can dress up the youth project all they want, as we hurtle towards L1.

An added layer of protection has been installed, that's all that has changed, in my opinion. It's JDT I feel sorry for, he's better than this joke of a setup, and I think he'll show that by walking at some point.

He talks a good game and he's got all the qualifications. He's not just a chancer.