BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

36 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

To put some perspective on things, Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe have gone.

Wherever they went we'd be reading the same things, no ambition from the players and they are rubbish from the "get behind the club at all cost" crew.

From the other side of the support, "sack the board, better than what we had or will sign, how we have fallen"

If we were signing players, i think the above would become less relevant.

The club has 6 weeks until the window shuts to address the holes in the squad, and until that window shuts, its very hard to judge, despite the worry.

6 weeks? We don't have starting FBs for the beginning of the season in 2 weeks!

Just now, Miller11 said:

Stats from last season as of 1st May…

When Nyambe is on the pitch we concede a goal on average every 109 minutes.

When Nyambe is off the pitch we concede a goal on average every 60 minutes.

Goals conceded with Nyambe - 23*

Goals conceded without Nyambe - 26

Nyambe has played 62% of total minutes this season

*This includes 7 in one game against Fulham

In the 21 games where Nyambe has played the full 90 minutes we have taken 38 points.

In the other 24 games we have taken 28 points.

Clean sheets with Nyambe - 11

Clean sheets without Nyambe - 1

How many goals scored as a team with him in vs without him in? Out of interest. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Our last manager couldn't even get a phone call from the owners. Who the hell is whispering the deep, dark truth to you? 🤣

Obviously not hearing it from the morons directly, of their stooges.

Purely rumour I’ve heard, no attempt to dress it up as anything more.

20 minutes ago, M_B said:

There's a lot of assumption that Wigan have paid higher wages than Rovers without any evidence whatsoever. 

Even if they have, it doesn't mean Rovers couldn't beat their offer, it could well be that they chose not to. 

Doesn't that make it even worse?

It's one thing losing players through some self-enforced wage ceiling or (unlikely as Wigan are showing) FFP constraints, but to lose them through not offering more than Wigan even though we could?

I mean Broughton said his first job was to speak to Nyambe - looks like he's failed on that front - and now we are losing a valuable asset through deciding not to offer him a wage he wants to accept? And now have no RB on the eve of the new season.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

How many goals scored as a team with him in vs without him in? Out of interest. 

No clue, I might work it out if I can be arsed. Judging by the improved points total when he does play, I reckon it’s more.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

It's one thing losing players through some self-enforced wage ceiling or (unlikely as Wigan are showing) FFP constraints, but to lose them through not offering more than Wigan even though we could?

I mean Broughton said his first job was to speak to Nyambe - looks like he's failed on that front - and now we are losing a valuable asset through deciding not to offer him a wage he wants to accept? And now have no RB on the eve of the new season.

Convo will have gone like this.

Nyambe agent: “We’d like 20k a week”

GB: “Get fucked”

Agent: “well we can get that elsewhere”

GB: “off you go then”

4 weeks later, what most of the Rovers fans I spoke to knew would happen has happened. He’s gone to a team who finished 13 places lower than us. Yet some think we’ve just lost a £5million asset!!! Bang average, replaceable.

Worth baring in mind, it wasn’t that we weren’t offering enough back in January/February/March etc. Nyambe’s agent (both of them) didn’t converse with the club whatsoever about a new deal at any point in the last year. Until (surprisingly) the offers didn’t come flowing in for him. Nyambe does not want to sign for us, we don’t want to sign him. Let’s all move on.

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

No clue, I might work it out if I can be arsed. Judging by the improved points total when he does play, I reckon it’s more.

Most likely, just be interested!

9 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Not disbelieving what you are saying on Lenihan. It sounds like they tried to 'cheap' it out on him for as long as they could, before realising they had to make him a good offer. Only, it arrived too late in the day.

The 8k point, from what I understand, is in relation to Academy graduates. They seem to have a different policy in relation to them, whereby, it is plausible that they won't go up to or over 8k for them. This may or may not be the case with Nyambe.

However, given it was rumoured Nyambe was on around £3k, and now Wigan are happy to offer more, the theory that we can't/won't pay 8k for Academy graduates might be true. Wigan can't exactly throw big bucks around. We're guessing, but how much more are they realistically going to offer him than us?

Davies is an experienced, senior defender, so most likely would have received an Ayala-esq wage. I don't believe we were ever serious about getting him though, but that's a different matter.

Look I think we have uninterested and poor owners who have never put a proper structure in place here.

I disagree with others that they never open the purse strings and give money to strengthen the squad.Up untill the pandemic Mowbray was being well backed and even in the first season with no crowds 11 players came through the door.I do actually believe we have a bit of money this summer but of course if it turns out we don't il accept iv been naive and stupid.

On your point on the wages for academy graduates maybe you are correct but I would say Travis put pen to paper committing himself to the club for another 4 years.Going to be captain this year and has been a regular for years and he accepted an 8k per week wage?

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Heard whispers from a couple of places now that Venky’s have decided that enough is enough in terms of subsidising monthly losses, and the cheques won’t be coming.

The lack of transfer activity, sub par contract offers and shite ticket pricing do nothing to dispel my fears this may be true. A desperate, doomed to fail attempt to balance the books?

If this is true, they might as well just fuck off now.

Reliable sources ?

I'm still clinging onto JDT only coming because there was some transfer budget available

34 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Reliable sources ?

I'm still clinging onto JDT only coming because there was some transfer budget available

I mentioned it because I’ve heard it from 2 people independently. One works in football, one in the media. Both were “I’ve heard that…” rather than anything really concrete.

As time rumbles on it just gets me thinking there might be something to it.

Edited by Miller11

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We don't know if Wigan have offered more or less though do we? 

We don't know if the Rovers offer was still on the table, Broughton may well have withdrawn it leaving Nyambe with only one option. He may feel that the offer to Nyambe was a good one and feels he can get better for the money. 

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I mentioned it because I’ve heard it from 2 people independently. One works in football, one in the media. Both were “I’ve heard that…” rather than anything really concrete.

As time fumbles on it just gets me thinking there might be something to it.

If true, JDT will be gone by Autumn.

The Wigan local rag is running with the Latics ‘closing in’ on Nyambe, bulling the situation up for them by saying they have beaten off competition from two French clubs and two in the top half of the Championship. Nothing more specific than that.

A loss but not a great loss for me. A decent enough Championship player but one that should be able to be replaced assuming that we get our fingers out and do actually that. 

I’m hoping that both JDT and GB, with their Scandinavian links, are working on it.

We were told that there was a ‘healthy’ budget and, whilst you obviously don’t want to show your hand in these matters, the lack of dialogue within the club (from owners to hierarchy down at Ewood) continues to be most frustrating for us, the fans. It would be great to be a ‘normal’ club once again.

• Like 2

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, M_B said:

We don't know if Wigan have offered more or less though do we? 

We don't know if the Rovers offer was still on the table, Broughton may well have withdrawn it leaving Nyambe with only one option. He may feel that the offer to Nyambe was a good one and feels he can get better for the money. 

A lot of ifs and maybes there all weighted to put a positive spin on the situation. 

I could flip all of them to fit my miserable demeanour- it might be that Wigan offered more than us, maybe we even upped our offer in desperation to keep him, Broughton could gave invited him in for a face to face to persuade him one last time...... and despite all that he knocked us back. And now GB knows a larger chunk of his budget will have to go towards sorting the RB position, leaving less for other areas identified.

Now, how much more depressing does that sound?!

I suspect the truth is somewhere between the two scenarios. 

I hope he tried to hold us to ransom, and we called his bluff. That story would certainly help me sleep better.

I mean, sodding Wigan..... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Heard whispers from a couple of places now that Venky’s have decided that enough is enough in terms of subsidising monthly losses, and the cheques won’t be coming.

Perhaps they should have thought of that before they bought a football club without any knowledge of running a football club and then dismantling the infrastructure that kept it punching way above its weight. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

If true, JDT will be gone by Autumn.

As someone else has said, it would be odd if they have completely pulled the plug given JDT has come on board (cheapest option would have been internal promotions). Unless it’s just more broken promises to Broughton/JDT.

I really do wish the Vs would just feck off though. Sick of their negligence.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1