BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I wonder if Chaddy has jumped off a block of flats yet?

Quite the opposite. He was very impressed with what Steven had to say. So much so that he isn’t answering any questions about his meeting. Money was spent on the pitch though and things look good. He also told him how many season tickets have been sold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I mentioned it because I’ve heard it from 2 people independently. One works in football, one in the media. Both were “I’ve heard that…” rather than anything really concrete.

As time rumbles on it just gets me thinking there might be something to it.

Out of interest when did you hear it?

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Convo will have gone like this.

Nyambe agent: “We’d like 20k a week”

GB: “Get fucked”

Agent: “well we can get that elsewhere”

GB: “off you go then”

4 weeks later, what most of the Rovers fans I spoke to knew would happen has happened. He’s gone to a team who finished 13 places lower than us. Yet some think we’ve just lost a £5million asset!!! Bang average, replaceable.

Worth baring in mind, it wasn’t that we weren’t offering enough back in January/February/March etc. Nyambe’s agent (both of them) didn’t converse with the club whatsoever about a new deal at any point in the last year. Until (surprisingly) the offers didn’t come flowing in for him. Nyambe does not want to sign for us, we don’t want to sign him. Let’s all move on.

Absolute rubbish.

If you were Nyambe would you sign a deal knowing that Lenihan (who is certainly no more vital to the side than yourself) was being offered 2-3 times as much?

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's rather unfair Glen. He has a number of proud achievements on his Rovers CV.

- Probably the first (and last) CEO in the history of the game to raise prices in advance of a season where no- one could attend due to the pandemic.

- Removed affordable seating at Ewood.

- Introduced the "Waggott tax" to discourage last minute sales on matchday.

- Tried to introduce a matchday charge for Blues Bar for ST holders and had to back down.

- Tried to sneak through a sale of the training ground on the false premise that Cat 1 Academy Status could be retained on a vastly reduced site. Forced into an embarrassing climbdown no doubt costing the Club a fortune in the process.

- Promised a brand new pitch then failed to deliver.

- Has overseen the deterioration of the stadium into a particularly shoddy state.

- We've lost nine players from the squad as it was at the end of January with not one single addition coming in the other way with eleven days to go before the start of the new campaign.

It's the polar opposite of "What have the Romans ever done for us really isn't it?"

Lol i think you should come with me, tag team 

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

No clue, I might work it out if I can be arsed. Judging by the improved points total when he does play, I reckon it’s more.

It's also a bit like saying:

"How many goals did we concede when BBD was in the side as opposed to when he wasn't?"

ie. completely irrelevant.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's rather unfair Glen. He has a number of proud achievements on his Rovers CV.

- Probably the first (and last) CEO in the history of the game to raise prices in advance of a season where no- one could attend due to the pandemic.

- Tried to introduce a matchday charge for Blues Bar for ST holders and had to back down.

- Tried to sneak through a sale of the training ground on the false premise that Cat 1 Academy Status could be retained on a vastly reduced site. Forced into an embarrassing climbdown no doubt costing the Club a fortune in the process.

- Has overseen the deterioration of the stadium into a particularly shoddy state.

- We've lost nine players from the squad as it was at the end of January with not one single addition coming in the other way with eleven days to go before the start of the new campaign.

It's the polar opposite of "What have the Romans ever done for us really isn't it?"

Certainly should be long gone. And yet he is still retained indefinitely! By the owners to whom many of the above failures relate to funding that comes from...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And thems his good points

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Lol i think you should come with me, tag team 

Let me know how you go on.

I forgot to add "Tasked with securing the three players who were in the last year of their contracts, he failed to deliver on ANY of them."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Certainly should be long gone. And yet he is still retained indefinitely! By the owners to whom many of the above failures relate to funding that comes from...

Becoming increasingly hard to disagree. Even with only a passing interest in what's going on down at Ewood it SHOULD be blindingly obvious to the owners that everything he touches turns to ****.

• Like 1

Not sure why the usual suspects, and some who should no better, are gloating about the possibility of Nyambe ending up at Wigan.

If it happens, it will probably be a bit of a disappointment for  the player. However the fact would remain that if it happens Wigan would have a bloody good full back on their hands at Championship level.

We have no-one!

This 'Nothing to be worried about" approach from some posters is getting somewhat grating now. It's almost like they are revelling in the Club's misfortune and our angst. It's the sort of thing you'd say to take the piss out of a Burnley fan  if they'd sold fifteen players and not brought anyone in.

Sure, if we make four stellar signings over the next eleven days to replace Nyambe, Lenihan, JPVH and Rothwell then come back and tell us "We told you so!" as presumably the usual raft of loanees will be coming in last minute regardless.

Until then however............

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

If nyambe signs for wigan it just shows how much of a mess it is behind the scenes. To let an academy graduate, who is steady enough without being spectacular. With potential to get better still. Walk for free to not only a smaller team who have just been promoted. But half a rival. Wow.

Maybe we'd all be laughing if we'd actually got a half decent replacement in or lined up. We could at least rationalise it, by saying the money was used elsewhere so we were right to let him leave. He's been chinned and has gone to shitty wigan. 

I genuinely think part of the reason for the reluctance to re-sign Nyambe on a bigger wage is the powers that be see RB as a pathway into the team.

'Create pathways' was a term Broughton used and i reckon that position is one they see as up for grabs.  There is JRC who looks set to be the new Lowe (rated by club for some reason ) , Carter is back and there is Brown whose probably seen as back up.

So imo they won't commit to a good championship wage there for Nyambe because they think they've got it covered.  The fact we are losing our best right back is lost on them they aren't bothered about promotion it's all about the books and the pathways.

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure it's fair to consider the 5 (6 if you count the injured Poveda) in players going out if you dont also count the players returning form loan.   

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I genuinely think part of the reason for the reluctance to re-sign Nyambe on a bigger wage is the powers that be see RB as a pathway into the team.

'Create pathways' was a term Broughton used and i reckon that position is one they see as up for grabs.  There is JRC who looks set to be the new Lowe (rated by club for some reason ) , Carter is back and there is Brown whose probably seen as back up.

So imo they won't commit to a good championship wage there for Nyambe because they think they've got it covered.  The fact we are losing our best right back is lost on them they aren't bothered about promotion it's all about the books and the pathways.

Pike is probably the best long term bet in house.  Carter is a center half, JRC best suited for the training room and Brown probably not top class...so like everywhere else, it's relying on a teenage to come through. 

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't forget moving the popular family stand in the BBE upper to the JWL with a few flimsy excuses. ( now bushing kids in for free into the family stand he shut )

Closed the DE section to home fans thus making the atmosphere even worse until last seasons unexpected promotion half season tilt.

If he didn't lose us several hundred regulars by doing those things then i'm a dutchman.   The guy has done nothing but add to shrinking gates since he turned up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Not sure it's fair to consider the 5 (6 if you count the injured Poveda) in players going out if you dont also count the players returning form loan.   

I was really counting the players who were actually in and around the first team last season not the lads out on loan who were no where near it. But fair comment if you want to look at it that way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Pike is probably the best long term bet in house.  Carter is a center half, JRC best suited for the training room and Brown probably not top class...so like everywhere else, it's relying on a teenage to come through. 

But the pathway is there now whereas it wouldn't be if they'd re-signed Ryan for 3 years on ten grand a week.

I don't agree with it you should retain your best players and build a team and system around those but that's not how it works here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Well that's an odd perspective, since we loaned them all out because they weren't as good as the players in their positions last season. They were assets the club didn't need at the time and in most cases still don't, not stars that we loaned out for large loan fees to bigger clubs.

Magloire and Butterworth clearly have no future here. We can argue Carter was a squad player and may have improved a bit with his loan, but he's still not better than JPVH or Lenihan based on current evidence. Vale may have improved and be worthy of a squad place (or more if he takes his opportunities). Everyone else loaned out was either too irrelevant to mention, or too irrelevant for me to remember. So at best it's 2 players who need to have improved in order to be good enough.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2