BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

29 minutes ago, Neal said:

It does sound like from your description of how Brittain played is the same as how my Dad and I described Styles performance, was everywhere, gave us the run around, looked a quality little player. 

I agree with Glen that Brittain was the one who stood out against us at Ewood.

Not saying Styles isn’t decent as I haven’t got a clue but I came away from that match thinking Brittain looked a good player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoconutGrove said:

If Gallagher does go, I hope we at least recoup the £5m outlay on him (although not sure what the chances of that are). 

I have a feeling he’s going to have a productive season if played through the middle but if (and it’s a big if) that money goes back into the pot, it’ll be interesting to see who JDT and GB target.

Very positive news regarding Brittain - hopefully get the ball rolling once the first one comes through the door.

if you can squeeze 6 million out of middlesborough then id`e let him go,lots of signings for boro but if you look there is no real stand out players that make the difference,fulham signed  harry wilson this time last year,that was a statement of intent

• Like 1

Not sure about Szmodics. I have seen him play for Peterborough a few times and he is a technically good player, but he is an attacking midfielder so if and when Dack is fit, he will struggle to play elsewhere. He has also struggled to make the step up to the Championship twice, never breaking in at Bristol City and struggling to get close to the output he managed in League 1 upon promotion at Peterborough.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure about Szmodics. I have seen him play for Peterborough a few times and he is a technically good player, but he is an attacking midfielder so if and when Dack is fit, he will struggle to play elsewhere. He has also struggled to make the step up to the Championship twice, never breaking in at Bristol City and struggling to get close to the output he managed in League 1 upon promotion at Peterborough.

If/when is key here with Dack..  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

after two major knee operations i doubt dack will play every game this season

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

after two major knee operations i doubt dack will play every game this season

Yeh, how much can you depend on Dack playing a full season? If there is a chance to strengthen the squad, then we have to do it. Think of the lineup later on if everybody healthy. But we can't leave this squad as it is right now 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

More goals than rothwell in a team that got relegated 

15 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I thought very highly of Szmodics a few years back, can't say I've thought of him since, but once upon a time he was far and away their best player. 

Now for the 3 foreigners.

Szmodics is Irish 😉 

• Backroom

Be happy with Brittain,  not sure he’s much if any better than Nyambe but he’s gone, he’s damn sure better than JRC so an upgrade on what we have now!

expect the greatest unveiling video ever, they’ve had long enough to plan one 

46 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

If Gallagher does go, I hope we at least recoup the £5m outlay on him (although not sure what the chances of that are). 

I have a feeling he’s going to have a productive season if played through the middle but if (and it’s a big if) that money goes back into the pot, it’ll be interesting to see who JDT and GB target.

Very positive news regarding Brittain - hopefully get the ball rolling once the first one comes through the door.

A player like Gallagher in today's market and sat on a nice contract won't be going anywhere for 5 mill.

I'd say we are well within range to ask the smog for double that.

The majority of Barnsley fans opinions of Callum Brittain are that he excelled under Ismeals high-pressing style, but failed to perform for the other managers after he left. 

Hopefully a great addition to the squad!

• Like 4

• J*B changed the title to The 2022 Summer Transfer Window - Brittain’s Got Talent
1 hour ago, OsloRover said:

Reading up on him, struggled in championship, lost his place in team as their manager said he can't play wide or up front on his own.

Asked to leave in January, after oxford came in for him, but due to the sale of the other guy to Bournemouth.

Brittain seems a great capture, this guy probably not given he couldnt get into the Peterborough side

• Like 2