BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

36 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Maybe just a coincidence, just seen on twitter JP’s brother wearing a Rovers shirt. 

Add this to him not being in the Brighton squad for their friendly and JPH commenting on Travis instagram plus Buckley liking comments about JP coming back to Rovers….

Looks to me like somethings happening.

Sadly he was in their squad for the game against reading yesterday 

26 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I suppose he does have a good relationship with the lads and if it was just that I wouldn’t think anything of it. Add everything together and it’s makes me think something is happening. 

Not sure he's going to get a look in at Brighton. When they played Reading on Saturday, Dunk and Veltman started. Webster, Matt Clark and Shane Duffy all came, while Van Heck was unused sub.

11 minutes ago, briansol said:

Not sure he's going to get a look in at Brighton. When they played Reading on Saturday, Dunk and Veltman started. Webster, Matt Clark and Shane Duffy all came, while Van Heck was unused sub.

Surely he'd be ahead of Matt Clark? He's not exactly set the world alight on his various loan spells. Even still fifth place and that's if they don't add. We can dream.

If there is any truth in us already failing in 2 seperate defender signings, another thing aside from the chance of him being in Brighton's first team, unaffordable and/or attractive to richer clubs should he become available, why would he be so far down our list if he was a genuine target? Seems like wishful thinking.

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Theres a club called Istannbul Basaksehir who have won the league recently also and regularly finish in the European places.

Off topic, but they're a fun up and coming team, think they've played United and Liverpool recently in the UCL.

I saw them a few years back (no other Istanbul team was playing) in a UCL game vs Club Brugge. Arsenal "legends" Gael Clichy and Emmanual Adebayor combined for the winner (IRRC). I think Robinho, Emre, Kerim Frei, Irfan Kahveci, Rafael and Martin Skrtel also played that night.

Believe they signed Mesut Ozil last week? Seem to sign some quality (older) players, like Anzhi did in Russia back in the day with Eto'o, Samba etc.

The Turkish SuperLig is actually pretty competitive and enjoyable.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If there is any truth in us already failing in 2 seperate defender signings, another thing aside from the chance of him being in Brighton's first team, unaffordable and/or attractive to richer clubs should he become available, why would he be so far down our list if he was a genuine target? Seems like wishful thinking.

He may be top of our list but on hold whilst they assess their options at CB. May be the case that they've now decided he's not required which would open the door for us to move for him.

• Like 1

• J*B changed the title to Summer 2022 Transfer Window
  • J*B changed the title to Summer 2022 Transfer Window - Guus Van Hecke Causes Chaos
36 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Off topic, but they're a fun up and coming team, think they've played United and Liverpool recently in the UCL.

I saw them a few years back (no other Istanbul team was playing) in a UCL game vs Club Brugge. Arsenal "legends" Gael Clichy and Emmanual Adebayor combined for the winner (IRRC). I think Robinho, Emre, Kerim Frei, Irfan Kahveci, Rafael and Martin Skrtel also played that night.

Believe they signed Mesut Ozil last week? Seem to sign some quality (older) players, like Anzhi did in Russia back in the day with Eto'o, Samba etc.

Burnley knocked them out in Europe the other year before losing to Olympiakos.

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

So, hang on, Brighton have JPvH available to them and they play Shane Duffy ahead of him?

IF Shane Duffy hadn't of gone on an OG rampage, had a father who called out supporters and wasn't a general tool the summer before his exit - would people be happy with Shane Duffy (the player) back?

9 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

IF Shane Duffy hadn't of gone on an OG rampage, had a father who called out supporters and wasn't a general tool the summer before his exit - would people be happy with Shane Duffy (the player) back?

Duffynitely not.

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Now you mention it I think I read an article about them being bought by a Turkish Oligarch with huge backing?

Have to say though since Rovers got relegated I have ended up following very little football outside of Rovers games and international tournaments. Theres just too much footy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think this logic tracks. Someone has to be below the two we have tried for. Whoever we go for next there is a genuine target. Are you going to ask that of whoever we go for next, 'Why would he be so far down our list if he was a genuine target?'

Besides, like someone else says, he may have been considered unavailable earlier whilst Brighton assessed their squad, and become available now or later.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Yep, great centre half.

28 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Definitely, he was solid, in fact him and Hanley were a very good pairing for this league. 

Praying for JP to come home, let's hope our Gregg can work some magic.

Also - if Wilder has the cheek to even try and sign him at 'boro, i'll be straight up to Teeside in a tank-top with my hands wrapped... the Qashqai will be hitting a new top speed.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

What a big word "if" is!

Especially when it could, arguably, appear three times in that sentence, @Angry_Pirate.

• Like 5