BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I understand the frustration about a lack of movement and transfers during pre season, but honestly don’t understand the rush for players before Saturday. The squad we have is thin, yes, but it’s more than capable of playing games until the end of August. What it’s not capable of is a 46 game season. 

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering 

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dolan BBD

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Carter, Wharton, Dack, Garrett, Vale, Markanday

Whilst it’s not good enough for the season, that 18 is more than capable of doing well over the next few weeks. Let’s not panic and see what happens by August 31st

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I wish I could share the optimism but I really can't.

I don't think anyone can seriously put a case forward that we are anything but weaker than we were last season. It's all well and good saying that the window isn't closed yet and that other clubs are also struggling to bring players in but I don't think many will have a lack of depth and experience to the extent we do, nor will many others have lost so many from last season.

We are basically hoping that Tomasson turns out to be a good manager, at least better than Mowbray, and that the younger players can step up / we don't get many injuries.

A dangerous and reckless way to approach a Championship season IMO but seems the majority are happy to gamble with it.

Don’t think the majority are happy to gamble, but  realistic to acknowledge it’s difficult getting players over the line,unless you’ve money to burn,  most realise we might have to wait a bit nearer to the end of transfer window and see where we are then.

Pointless to keep being negative when we don’t know what’s going on in the background..

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rover23 said:

I understand the frustration about a lack of movement and transfers during pre season, but honestly don’t understand the rush for players before Saturday. The squad we have is thin, yes, but it’s more than capable of playing games until the end of August. What it’s not capable of is a 46 game season. 

Kaminski

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dolan BBD

Gallagher

Whilst it’s not good enough for the season, that 18 is more than capable of doing well over the next few weeks. Let’s not panic and see what happens by August 31st

I don't think anyone is panicking as such but frustration and disappointment are being felt. We have been let down so often in transfer windows  in recent times.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

https://twitter.com/asmarcatr/status/1551874909030187008

Highly doubt this is true like... but wow imagine 😳

It’s a Turkish website, is it not? If so, it’s probably true they have an interest and have made a move. They’ve got plenty of money and are splashing the cash this summer. Their owner is Turkish so it wouldn't surprise me if Turkish media where given tip offs. 

See Khadra is off to Sheffield United on a permanent transfer. I know we were not in for him after how he downed tools in April/May, but I'll be curious to see how much the fee will be. 

Might likely be unrelated to any potential van Hecke fee, but if Khadra's deal seems "low" perhaps van Hecke would be cheaper than we imagine.

Does anyone know the terms of the deal, and what would we think Khadra's market value would be?

27 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dolan BBD

Gallagher

I can't understand why people are so relaxed about the prospect of going into the season so completely undercooked in terms of recruitment and risking making a complete horlicks of the first seven games!

We won't be so relaxed about it if we get off to a desperate start and end up going down narrowly by a point or two at the end of the season.

As JH says, we're gambling on the manager being a bit special and the kids doing well enough to keep us afloat. But if the manager does turn out to be special why not give him the tools to do the job and have us challenging anyway?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Seems like we are now just waiting on the prem season starting and loan players becoming available, same as last summer. 👎🏻

Or we are waiting on teams getting a prem loan before they will let a player out.

It's clear there is money in the kitty.We have at least one other cash bid confirmed by Barry Fry 

31 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dolan BBD

Gallagher

Agreed, that's a decent Championship team. The time to worry will be on 1st Sept if we don't make 3 or 4 additions that are better than what we've got. 

My worry generally is the defence. Mowbray, to his credit, solved the problem going to 3 CB's. If JDT is a 2 CB's chap and we play a high line then Ayala is going to be exposed and we have no idea how good Wharton will be in a back 4. Then there's Pickering. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wow, 3 days before kick off and Rothwell not replaced, Lenihan not replaced, JPVH not replaced, BBD STILL not resolved, Dack not starting games.....

Only signing is relegated Barnsleys right back.

🙈

Chaddy reckons top 6🤷‍♂️

And if the Rovers win the opening game, all that will be consigned to history. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

See Khadra is off to Sheffield United on a permanent transfer. I know we were not in for him after how he downed tools in April/May, but I'll be curious to see how much the fee will be. 

Might likely be unrelated to any potential van Hecke fee, but if Khadra's deal seems "low" perhaps van Hecke would be cheaper than we imagine.

Does anyone know the terms of the deal, and what would we think Khadra's market value would be?

Permanent? I'd only seen that it's a loan so far. I'd be curious about the fee too if it is... I'd prefer to buy him (cheaply) than loan him again.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't understand why people are so relaxed about the prospect of going into the season so completely undercooked in terms of recruitment and risking making a complete horlicks of the first seven games!

We won't be so relaxed about it if we get off to a desperate start and end up going down narrowly by a point or two at the end of the season.

As JH says, we're gambling on the manager being a bit special and the kids doing well enough to keep us afloat. But if the manager does turn out to be special why not give him the tools to do the job and have us challenging anyway?

Because players will come in.

It's not ideal 100% agree with that but the players we have are capable of winning matches .No additions before the weekend and il still confident we will beat QPR. 

Unless we think we are going to suffer an injury crisis pre deadline then for me the squad can still pick up results.

It's clear there is some money to spend on permanent deals 

• Like 1

I'm not happy with the current state of the transfer window but a part of me, the one that has meant I have been following Rovers for +35 years, is optimistic that the imporved coaching setup will get more out of the existing squad and the youngsters breaking through.

That gives a little bit of breathing space for the new setup impact, however I still expect 4/5 signings one way or another before the end of the window or we are certainly no better than mid table with such a inexperiences, light weight squad.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Nixon saying he was signing a new deal at Brighton before joining Sheff United on loan.Where have you seen permanent?

2 minutes ago, The Gull said:

I'm not happy with the current state of the transfer window but a part of me, the one that has meant I have been following Rovers for +35 years, is optimistic that the imporved coaching setup will get more out of the existing squad and the youngsters breaking through.

That gives a little bit of breathing space for the new setup impact, however I still expect 4/5 signings one way or another before the end of the window or we are certainly no better than mid table with such a inexperiences, light weight squad.

Yeah, that's the great unknown - is JDT actually any good?!

8 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

According to Transfermarkt his market value is £900k, which means they'll pay more than that.

Personally I thought he was an infuriating player. Quick, skillful, but 7/10 made the wrong choice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Permanent? I'd only seen that it's a loan so far. I'd be curious about the fee too if it is... I'd prefer to buy him (cheaply) than loan him again.

Loan with obligation based on certain criteria apparently. Probably appearance or promotion based. Bet neither will be met

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm relaxed because Brittain was a great purchase and the team has looked organized in the friendlies. 

We need 3 quality additions if we want to do anything this year, but they'll happen when they happen.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, unsall said:

Don’t think the majority are happy to gamble, but  realistic to acknowledge it’s difficult getting players over the line,unless you’ve money to burn,  most realise we might have to wait a bit nearer to the end of transfer window and see where we are then.

Pointless to keep being negative when we don’t know what’s going on in the background..

I don't agree that it is being negative to be concerned about these things.

Of course the situation might well change over the coming weeks, of course it is difficult to get signings over the line, but neither of those things are going to be much use when we cross the line against QPR, Swansea etc. in the near future. At that point the only thing that will matter is how good the squad is, no amount of talking about how hard it is and what we are trying to do will help us then.

As far as I am concerned I judge performance on results over the whole season, which starts on Saturday, not on results from September when we might have made changes.

Right here right now is the most important thing and was the focus of my original post, not where we might be if certain things happen

As I say, I'd like to be more confident, but I am struggling to be given the lack of action to date on signings.

Time for Broughton to show us what he's made of and that he has more about him than Waggott/Mowbray/Venus.

When do players have to be registered by to be eligible for Saturday?

You begin to wonder how Clubs in the lower leagues with a budget a fraction of ours  ever manage to sign any players as we seem to find it a mystical art completely beyond us.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dolan BBD

Gallagher

For me it's important to get off to a good start and having a strong squad from the off would give us a far better chance of this. Before the window closes there are 21 points to play for which could well have a big bearing on the season. Our usual last day scramble is what I'm fearing when we are looking in the bargain bucket. If we have money to spend on identified targets then we should be pushing ahead to get them in quickly.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Time for Broughton to show us what he's made of and that he has more about him than Waggott/Mowbray/Venus.

When do players have to be registered by to be eligible for Saturday?

You begin to wonder how Clubs in the lower leagues with a budget a fraction of ours  ever manage to sign any players as we seem to find it a mystical art completely beyond us.

I'm not sure old Greggy boy is that well connected over here, hence the lack of any movement.....was a gamble to have a rookie DOF and rookie Manager......

• Like 2