BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

If we don't get 3 points on Saturday or lose even, I think that will really push things on with transfers. There will be some keen eyes on how the likes of Carter, Hedges, and Pickering perform (if they play). If Carter looks out of his depth, Hedges looks ineffective and Pickering gets murdered... I can see some signings getting sorted quick sharp. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neal said:

If we don't get 3 points on Saturday or lose even, I think that will really push things on with transfers. There will be some keen eyes on how the likes of Carter, Hedges, and Pickering perform (if they play). If Carter looks out of his depth, Hedges looks ineffective and Pickering gets murdered... I can see some signings getting sorted quick sharp. 

I just rewatched the celtic game last night, and pickering was simply abysmal. Edun needs to start but we need a new LB ASAP. Priority #1 right now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Yes but during those five weeks we do still have to play professional football and compete for points. This mindset of ignoring the first 5 weeks of the season bewilders me. 

Make no mistake, Saturday's result will set the tone for the rest of the season.

Lose and we could be on skid row.

Confidence and momentum everything in this league.

If rovers are waiting to sign a player rather than any player then we need patience. Styles  and Bowler there clubs will do what we are doing with Diaz go to the wire to see if a bigger offer comes in from teams who get desperate. Van hecke is being assessed by Brighton there is nothing we can do. The Same possible applies to Cantwell.

I would prefer the right player than just picking from the end of contract/ released players. The current outfit seem a bit more professional and may well stick to the plan rather than panic

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Make no mistake, Saturday's result will set the tone for the rest of the season.

if that's the case, and I've no reason to doubt you, the club should be giving serious consideration to sacking JDT in the next 48 hours. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Where’s the usual final paragraph?

”Which is why I’ve lumped on Rovers at 11/10, great value and one of the home bankers of the weekend” 

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So by that logic if we win comfortably, give JDT a new contract and anything below the play offs is an abysmal failure?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

This time last week, there was no hint of Brittan signing. By tomorrow night he was ours.

I'm trusting that other moves are similarly under wraps.

Excellent point Mike there, 

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying West Ham in for Cornet now. Makes it less likely they will come in for Brererton

Well lets hope we can get him on a new contract and pushing us for promotion

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't get how people are so dismissive of the 7 games to be played between the weekend and the end of the window.

I don't think anyone has realistically suggested that we won't sign any more players, of course some IMO justified skepticism as to how much money we will spend on permanent additions, but it is NOT IDEAL to have only filled one of a number of massive holes in the team going into the season.

It would be perhaps unrealistic to have expected all of the business to have been done, but equally it is a very realistic expectation to expect much more than one addition to be made, and we now are in a position whereby we need to do somewhat of an overhaul whilst the season is underway.

A big problem is that people raising worries are shot down by the argument that we want good players rather than to get players in before the season, as if its either or.

No one is being dismissive at all of the point of the 7 games but Rovers are looking for quality players who can move us to the next level of promotion. These players will take time to bring in, granted not ideal but acceptable in my opinion cos what we are looking to do. 

No club really has the business all done and dusted by now unless you are Man City or Liverpool. That is how Football works. One of the problem of a transfer window not finishing until end of August. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Excellent point Mike there, 

Well lets hope we can get him on a new contract and pushing us for promotion

No one is being dismissive at all of the point of the 7 games but Rovers are looking for quality players who can move us to the next level of promotion. These players will take time to bring in, granted not ideal but acceptable in my opinion cos what we are looking to do. 

No club really has the business all done and dusted by now unless you are Man City or Liverpool. That is how Football works. One of the problem of a transfer window not finishing until end of August. 

jdt and his staff were pretty late appointment wise as well,give them time to get the right players in,the lad from liverpool is coming soon,there will be 4 or 5 more to come

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

Styles Bowler Van Hecke Morton (Loan fwd/cb), that’s the dream window 

Won’t be Style and Bowler , one or the other or none imo .. 

3 bids went in for Smodiczs they were rejected , then the enquiry for Bowler went in (Blackpool wanted 3m and rovers  were happy with it) at some point between agreeing that figure and talking personal terms with Bowler , something has changed , somebody somewhere has had cold feet and then the sniffing round Styles has begun . I honestly don’t know who’s at fault here and I am in no way an ITK I am just getting bits from Blackpool  end and putting it together with what’s in the open 

I’m just not that confident now we will land any of them 

• Like 2

For those saying there is plenty of time, remember what happened under Coyle and (in effect) throwing away those first 5 games. The squad wasn't strengthened to the end of the window, we lost 4 or 5 and that was the difference maker. 

Sure there were plenty of opportunities to rectify it all the way through the season but what's done cannot be undone. I'd have thought after that not too distant debacle we wouldn't be so blase about getting signings in in decent time. 

Of course not all business would be done till the end of the window and of course it's vital to get the right people in rather than any old duffer. But we have also learnt under Venkys someone is better than no one and there are 4 first 11 places that needed filling plus squad players plus arguably Armstrong and Elliott.

That we have only done one of these so far before the start of the season is pretty alarming. Added to which this is on top of any other business that may need to be done. If Bereton goes that's another striker needed. And we don't do deals quickly - goodness there's only so much time in the day under the most competent of outfits - so leaving it all to the last minute seems dangerous in the extreme. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlee1984 said:

Someone just asked on Twitter. With kounde joining Barca, will they then use the funds for Brereton? It makes sense if they are serious, massive decision for the lad specially when expecting

Can’t see anyone in the prem coming in for him now so might be his best hope of a big move