BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

18 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Saw that one of Nixon's denials was predicated on Brittain and Bowler not being suited to being in the same team.

I know that doesn't prove anything, but is there perhaps a point there? Is Bowler a proper chalk-on-his-boots winger? And if so is it likely we'll be playing that sort of player alongside a wing back like Brittain?

He's a had a bit of a 'mare there. Bowler is basically Markanday. Brittain is an attacking full back.

Nixon seems to think it's a WB system but everything points to a 4-2-3-1. 

Bowler could play in any of the '3' positions. 

We could have signed him on a free from Everton last summer. No idea how he ended up at Blackpool. He once cost £5m or thereabouts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

To be fair, they are close to signing Theo Cornbeau from Wolves…

Think that was fairly common knowledge last night.

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Look the initial post you quoted from me was disagreeing with the assertion that we can't compete with Blackpool because they matched the release clause in Brannigans contract and we didn't .It was being made out that because Sharpe said he was a player liked that he was a preferred targets.

Agreed it would give us a better chance if we had more through the door than the one signing.My point is we have no idea how far we are along with signings so I don't feel the need at this point to be overly critical.

A player has either signed or he hasn't.

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's a had a bit of a 'mare there. Bowler is basically Markanday. Brittain is an attacking full back.

Nixon seems to think it's a WB system but everything points to a 4-2-3-1. 

Bowler could play in any of the '3' positions. 

We could have signed him on a free from Everton last summer. No idea how he ended up at Blackpool. He once cost £5m or thereabouts. 

Bowler had a pretty unimpressive season on loan at Hull when they were relegated in 19/20, and then he was released by Everton the season later, His stock was pretty low and Blackpool took a gamble on him which paid off

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A player has either signed or he hasn't.

Whatever pal. 

Il judge at the end of the window.Said this 1000 times.

Iv no issue with people being disappointed with our window so far 

The points I disagree with is "we must have no money" " it will only be kids on loan because Brannigan was a target and we can't match his release clause but Blackpool can"

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

So, what position does this Schrodinger play, anyway?

Winger

1 minute ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

And does the act of watching him change what he does?

The reality is defined by the eyes of the beholder, Mowbray vs everyone else.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20585278.jon-dahl-tomasson-outlines-blackburn-rovers-expectations/

"There is no truth in links of a move being close for Blackpool winger Josh Bowler"

Him and Styles seem to be fighting to become this seasons Marcus Maddison.

Now to be fair, this doesn't exactly write it off, all it says is that a move isn't close as things stand, it doesn't say we have no interest and it doesn't say we haven't made a bid either. Reading between the lines, what this probably eludes to is that talks are on going between the club and the player. He's obviously asked the question and the club are as usual keeping their cards close to their chest and not giving much away. 

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Now to be fair, this doesn't exactly write it off, all it says is that a move isn't close as things stand, it doesn't say we have no interest and it doesn't say we haven't made a bid either. Reading between the lines, what this probably eludes to is that talks are on going between the club and the player. He's obviously asked the question and the club are as usual keeping their cards close to their chest and not giving much away. 

It isn’t a quote though - just the writer’s view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Heard Phillips is close to agreeing pro terms with Spurs, Rovers expecting to get 250K compensation with no sell on fee and not happy about it…

How can he do that, he has one year left on his contract here doesn't he?

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

How can he do that, he has one year left on his contract here doesn't he?

Supposedly he’s only on a youth contract and he can agree pro terms with anyone for when his youth contract expires. The fee Rovers will get is some equation and they reckon it will total ~250K when it’s all totted up. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It isn’t a quote though - just the writer’s view.

yeah, what I'm saying is that Sharpe has obviously asked the question and has only said a move being close isn't true, he hasn't said that it won't happen. 

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Cant rovers just let it go to tribunal like Fulham did with Elliot?

I’ve absolutely no idea - all I know is that's what I was told so that’s what I posted on here. It needs someone that actually understands it (rather than half understands it) to confirm whether not it’s possible. 

• Like 1