BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So basically, "Blackpool met the release clause, but I'd rather stay at Oxford than go to Blackpool. I've doubled my wage in exchange for an extra £1m on the release clause and an extra year on my contract. Might still leave this window"

Ps. EXACTLY what Rovers should do with Brereton-Diaz.

We don’t seem remotely capable of extending contracts of key players. You’d think by default one of Armstrong, nyambe, rothwell, lenihan, brereton would sign a new deal 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit of a smart Alec reply from you but theoretically the way to get him to sign is quite obvious isn't it. Offer him a bit less than Spurs are offering on the basis that the prospects of regular first team football will probably be a lot higher than there. And allow him a release clause so that if any PL Club wants him badly enough he can have his dream move and we get a decent fee. Everyone (fairly) happy.

IF we've done all that, then fair enough. I'd rather wag

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How can we hope to match the offer of a club in the Champions League who will have a turnover running in to hundreds of millions of pounds compared with ours of £17m or so ?

I thought Academy costs are not counted towards FFP and our billionaire owners never refuse to sign a cheque.

If that is the true we can compete in this paticualr case.

If Venky's actually had any interest in the club they could take control of these situations. Make it worth his while to stay for a couple of years, get regular first team foorball and prove himself, By that time if he lives up to expectations and decides to leave we can sell for a huge profit.

Edited by Crimpshrine
typo

1 minute ago, unsall said:
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit of a smart Alec reply from you but theoretically the way to get him to sign is quite obvious isn't it. Offer him a bit less than Spurs are offering on the basis that the prospects of regular first team football will probably be a lot higher than there. And allow him a release clause so that if any PL Club wants him badly enough he can have his dream move and we get a decent fee. Everyone (fairly) happy.

IF we've done all that, then fair enough. I'd rather wag

Expand  

What’s smart Alec about it. Folk always blaming someone at the club when they haven’t a clue what’s been offered, must be a nightmare negotiating with the slimy greedy agents, that’s the problem,not Rovers management, in THIS case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unsall said:

For all the faults Waggot has you can’t keep blaming him for everything especially in this circumstance

For all his faults and without any sort of record of achievement at Ewood, there are still fans eager and willing to defend him.

Beyond me.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

For all his faults and without any sort of record of achievement at Ewood, there are still fans eager and willing to defend him.

Beyond me.

You need to look into his eyes to understand. 

Regardless of whether or not he is running the place into the ground, he's a right top bloke.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Beyond me.

Yep, the mods can correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be a whole bunch of brand  new posters popped up in the last few days eager to defend Waggott and tell us nothing is his fault. That's not suspicious at all.

What's more baffling is the established posters on here leaping to his defence when his record across all areas has bee  atrocious.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So basically, "Blackpool met the release clause, but I'd rather stay at Oxford than go to Blackpool. I've doubled my wage in exchange for an extra £1m on the release clause and an extra year on my contract. Might still leave this window"

Totally different scenarios. If Brereton was a free agent considering his reputation and aided by his international status, he could easily go to a bigger club on a much bigger wage. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep, the mods can correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be a whole bunch of brand  new posters popped up in the last few days eager to defend Waggott and tell us nothing is his fault. That's not suspicious at all.

What's more baffling is the established posters on here leaping to his defence when his record across all areas has bee  atrocious.

I can’t think of a remotely positive thing waggot has done for the club since being here? 

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I can’t think of a remotely positive thing waggot has done for the club since being here? 

Completely agree. 

I posted similar a week or two ago in response to Glen. I managed to come up with a long list of stuff I considered to be detrimental. 

As I said at the time "What have the Romans ever done for us?" but in reverse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Galgaterover10 said:

We don’t seem remotely capable of extending contracts of key players. You’d think by default one of Armstrong, nyambe, rothwell, lenihan, brereton would sign a new deal 

Irrespective of what you may think of their talent, I doubt anyone can argue against Gallagher, Kaminski and Travis not being key players at the time they all extended during the last 12 or so months. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Very embarrassing for Blackpool that he'd rather stay with oxford in league one 😂

Very embarrassing for us that Nyambi would prefer to go Wigan than sign for us. TBH I would imagine Blackpool are, like us, trying to stick to a wage budget - these things happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Very embarrassing for us that Nyambi would prefer to go Wigan than sign for us. TBH I would imagine Blackpool are, like us, trying to stick to a wage budget - these things happen.

The nyambe situation is totally different. It was him biting his nose off to spite his face. He expected better offers from arguably bigger clubs. These offers never came. There's no way oxford offered him more than say 8k a week. Which is I'm certain Blackpool could match or even better.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally different scenarios. If Brereton was a free agent considering his reputation and aided by his international status, he could easily go to a bigger club on a much bigger wage. 

Aye, and look at how many concrete offers he's had to join 'better & bigger' clubs this summer.... Problem for BBD is he has been in the shop window long enough now for folk to legitimately wonder why he is still there. I wish the lad well, and I know things could change rapidly with someone like Brighton coming in towards the end of the window, but I wish his situation was resolved properly one way or another soon, so we can get on with sorting out Blackburn Rovers for the coming season.

7 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So naive to think that BBD would sign a new deal with us if we just offered him a better wage. He’ll be eyeing up a move to a PL side, why on earth would he limit his opportunities by signing a new contract? 

In his shoes, no one on here would re-sign. Identical to Armstrong. We could offer him anything we liked, it won’t be enough.

• Like 5

The only way he would resign is with a release clause. Ensuring he wouldn't leave for free. No reason he would though and no one could blame him. Unless he has an equally as good season he may never get his big move. Just wish it was sorted one way or the other but that doesn't look close.

55 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

The embarrassment is for Nyambe and his agent NOT Rovers his choice and his alone !

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

So naive to think that BBD would sign a new deal with us if we just offered him a better wage. He’ll be eyeing up a move to a PL side, why on earth would he limit his opportunities by signing a new contract? 

In his shoes, no one on here would re-sign. Identical to Armstrong. We could offer him anything we liked, it won’t be enough.

He can only eye up a PL move if a club comes in for him as it stands NOT a single club has other than a reported tentative bid from Seville 

• Like 1