BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, The Gull said:

Butterworth I would assume.

Sorry for seeming positive but after the delay and farse to the end of last season, the administration of the club seems to be improving and no more square pegs in round holes in key football positions.

The uplift in mood around the team and communications has been obvious to me, yes we would want business done earlier but would you be happy with someone walking in the door and a few weeks later spunking 10m on players he didn't know, for a squad and league he doesn't know?

The proof will be in results and the state of the squad at the start of September, but it seems a lot, still bits left, of deadwood has been cleared out, players on stupid contracts that crippled us and made us sail close to the wind that is FFP for too long.

Dack and Markandy are like new signings given their input last season, right back has improved, Buckley and Travis another year older and experienced, however I do believe more quality is needed at CB and in midfield.  Given we played a front 3ish last season, as things stand BBD, Gallagher, Dack, Markandy, Hedges, Vale, and Dolan seem a decent pot to pick from in this division,

Positive signs for me, but I reserve the right to be peed off come 1st September if more doesn't happen, especially in defence and midfield.

My biggest worry, starting with tomorrow's game, is the LB position. The QPR manager will target Pickering because

he will know he's probably our main weakness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

My biggest worry, starting with tomorrow's game, is the LB position. The QPR manager will target Pickering because

he will know he's probably our main weakness.

I still think Styles will arrive in the next couple of weeks to solve that issue

45 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a two-way street. A League One club has to be willing to take him on loan...

I know that, I'm just saying for me it confirms this signing was pointless. It won't work out. That token Birmingham game is probably the only one he will ever play for us.

And personally, for that reason I'd have kept hold until a League One team showed interest. If they didn't, I'd have kept him as cover. And looked to loan JRC (Which I'd have been doing anyway as he's shite at RB).

Edited by bluebruce

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is it me or are they the worst best bits You’ve ever seen. 

Fairly certain they included a clip of a volley in that that actually missed.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I know that, I'm just saying for me it confirms this signing was pointless. It won't work out. That token Birmingham game is probably the only one he will ever play for us.

Inclined to agree. If he was 20 or even 22 theres an argument he could go away and come back and maybe step up. But at 24 it would be a real surprise if he comes back after a season in League 2 and looks good enough for the Championship.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Fairly certain they included a clip of a volley in that that actually missed.

Yeah the volley was bad and the shot at the edge of the box he skied miles wide and over, couple of wrong decisions on the middle of the park to . Weird montage