BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• J*B changed the title to Transfer Window - 5 minute warning
  • J*B changed the title to Transfer Window - Morton Signs
27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am feeling the JDT revolution right now and looking forward to us playing the style he wants us to play. Its the style of play and Formation I was saying we should be playing here. For me its work in progress and I would accept top half in his first season and transition season if its more time to bring in new style of play and his philosophy. I still think it won't take too long until we see JDT style of play and Philosophy working the way he wants and we be challenging for top 6

Transfers are happening and expect a couple in this week hopefully. Gregg Broughton is right not to be doing any interviews this week or until the transfer window ends. Fans shouldn't be expecting an update right now. Time to interview is mid September after the window ends and players are signed here. 

Rovers are right to keep bringing through our good young players and we have a category 1 status academy so we should be looking to keep bringing them through. No idea why its killing you either

West Brom and Swansea aren't anything special and I've no idea why you fear them and expect them to run rings around us. 

It would not be progress to potentially drop 4 positions in the table.

“Strategically we knew we needed to add another central midfielder to the squad for this season and a loan suited us ideally to ensure we didn’t block the medium-term pathways of some of our own young midfielders who have done so well for us over the last eight weeks."

The words of Broughton, who apparently shouldn't be speaking. Doesn't sound like we plan to sign another midfielder, which would IMO leave us short. Hope Morton is a success, we could be very reliant on our captain this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

“Strategically we knew we needed to add another central midfielder to the squad for this season and a loan suited us ideally to ensure we didn’t block the medium-term pathways of some of our own young midfielders who have done so well for us over the last eight weeks."

The words of Broughton, who apparently shouldn't be speaking. Doesn't sound like we plan to sign another midfielder, which would IMO leave us short. Hope Morton is a success, we could be very reliant on our captain this season.

I believe he doesn’t want to speak whilst a transfer is still live (which is correct). 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

A kid on loan from Liverpool. That's about the best that Broughton can do. Shouldn't come as a surprise.

The last kid we had on loan from Liverpool wasn't all that bad, as I recall.

• Like 1

I can’t fault the way Rovers are doing their business. I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about Morton. Britain was solid in his first game for us. He can only improve as he gets used to the other players around him. I have no doubt that we will bring in at least another 2 players. Great result on Saturday with a so called threadbare squad. I have faith in JDT. Onwards and upwards Rovers

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

The sticker book still has 5 spaces left right? Or was it 4?

Its was 5 until Morton signed. Now 4 

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I believe he doesn’t want to speak whilst a transfer is still live (which is correct). 

exactly. He should only speak at transfer confirmation and nothing else not interviews with local reporters at this stage of the transfer window. Cos they been 1 transfer in until today people panic and wants answers instead of relaxing and letting the club get on with it

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A kid on loan from Liverpool. That's about the best that Broughton can do. Shouldn't come as a surprise.

Is everything ok today mate?

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Morton has me very underwhelmed to be honest, but then so did van Hecke and Khadra.

But it really felt like Wharton and Garrett were close to proving themselves, now we get to develop another player once .

Can understand the thinking from Broughton's comments - if we'd signed someone older on a permanent contract, they would get in the way of our young lads. JDT must be pretty confident in their ability going forwards.

Looks a good player this lad - hopefully more Elliott and less of a Clarkson.

• Like 6