BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, matt83 said:

As it stands I think we need a left back to replace Pickering (Styles), 2 centre halves at least one permanent and realistically one on loan (hopefully van hecke), a right sided midfielder (bowler), minimum of one striker and 2 if/when sell Brereton.

Not going to be easy but they inherited a big rebuilding job from their predecessor 

To be honest I would be more than happy with 1 CB 1 LB and a genuine winger.

• Like 2

Im expecting it to take a few transfer windows before we get the desired balance but if we could pull off styles, bowler & van hecke, I think it would be a massively successful window! 

BBD is the difficult one, I'm feeling that he plays out his contract or he leaves at the end of the window leaving us with no proven goalscorer. That would be a struggle but I still think we would have enough to stay up.

Dack will prove his worth, either with his quality forcing him into the first team or as an alternative to the other forward players.

We are definitely light but miracles don't happen over night, patience may pay off!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

GK: Kaminski, Pears

RB: Brittain, JRC

CB: Ayala, JPVH, Wharton, Carter 

LB: Pickering, Styles

CM: Travis, Buckley, Edun, Morton 

RW: Markandy, Bowler

CAM: Dack, Szmodicks 

LW: Dolan, Hedges 

ST: Gally, Vale

Youth players: Wharton, Garrett, Phillips, Barnes, Burns 

I feel like that’s a fairly realistic window for us from here with remaining budget and portion of Diaz money covering Styles, JPVH and Bowler. 

Interested to see who we are next linked with as the main rumours have now been tied up with Styles, Bowler and JPVH having been linked for a while   

I'd loan in a quality #9.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Definitely premature.

There are obvious question marks, but while there is still uncertainty about i) How extreme JDT will lean into basing our game on high pressing for 90 minutes, and ii) Dack's fitness and mobility once he gets more games under his belt, then it's impossible to know how well he can cope with playing in our new system. 

JDT doesn't want a high pressing game for 90 minutes. He wants his front 4 hunting in a pack, supported by the 2 CMs - but it's only when there's a turnover of possession, the idea is to win the ball back quickly. Otherwise we drop into a mid-block.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No interest in that.

Permanent or look elsewhere. He'd just be blocking Carter, Barnes and Phillips in that scenario.

He'd block Phillips more by signing on a permanent deal. Short term Phillips probably needs a loan or two.

Just now, Torgeir said:

He'd block Phillips more by signing on a permanent deal. Short term Phillips probably needs a loan or two.

Phillips won't be our problem soon.

42 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Dack doesn't have to play as a 10. In this system he can play left or right. We don't play with out and out wingers, the width will come from the full backs. He has on occasion previously played in a wider role. I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

Think if Dack can go anywhere in this system it's 9. Easily got the most 'strikers instinct' out of our forwards.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You didn't we would spend any money but we have twice now so you can admit you were wrong? 

Yes the wage bill has been reduce but we can still offer decent wages. 

Football is very harsh and there is no time for sentiment. Every fan respected what Dack has done here but if he doesn't suit how JDT wants to play d would he stay? 

Its clear how JDT wants to play so why are you arguing about that? 

No Its based on Dack fitness and the injuries he has had in the last 2 and half years. I have never said he is finished as a player but team would have to play to his strengths and given everything I have read, watched and listened to about how JDT wants to play, his previous style of play and formation. I don't see JDT adapting his style of play or requirements of how his number 10 wants to play just for Bradley Dack. 

wrong it's not just about Goals and assists but everything that is required of the number 10 including pressing, work rate, etc. Jut look at one key word that our director of football Gregg Broughton said which was "athleticism" 

I don;t see JDT carrying any players who can't play his style of play or what he wants from his front 4 and workrate and pressing is one of key requirement of his demands. Its about the team. Another word that JDT keeps mentioning in every press conference he does

Lets take the Dack from prior to his injury, as I have acknowledged that the big variable is whether he returns to his old self. He did after the first injury and was thriving before he did the other knee

What was wrong with his work rate? Was the old Dack lacking athleticism to the point that it was a major problem? Does a team have to be built around him, it was a lazy assumption based on the Graham days but does long ball necessarily suit a player like him? How have you concluded having seen one game under Tomasson and based on the Dack of old that he won't fit in?

If athleticism is the sole focus, lets just get athletes in. We've got a bloody good player, an entertainer and a goal scorer if he we can get him right, which as I said is the main question. It's not as if he was immobile and couldn't press even if he perhaps wont have the same energy levels as some of other options, but it doesn't mean that he can't fit into the team, even if the likes of Dolan and Szmodics are swarming around more than Dack whereas Dack scores more goals than the likes of those 2.

Even if he has declined, it surely won't be his work rate that falls.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Think if Dack can go anywhere in this system it's 9. Easily got the most 'strikers instinct' out of our forwards.

We play a formation that includes a player in his natural position, rather than trying to stick him elsewhere, surely he plays in his actual position?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Players we need imo - 1 LB/LWB perm, 1 CB perm, 1 CB loan, 1 DM loan, 1 target man loan.

I can't really see why we would sign Bowler unless we are selling someone.

Because he’s better than what we have. Sometimes you can buy players to improve the team. I know it was a long time ago and seems like a cheese dream now but it can happen 🤷

• Like 1