BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

13 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Once again think Pickering played fine today.

Agreed, Pickering was much better today. Not having the ball suits him a lot more than having it!

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve completely changed my mind on Brereton, I don’t want us to sell him at all and I don’t care if we lose him on a free next summer, I’d rather take the gamble. I don’t think Venky’s would care that much either, and for once their stubbornness might work to our advantage. 

If we could sign another striker to play the 9 role, we could have a very effective front line.  Just feel that we lack a goalscorer and/or natural pace up top. 

Early days but Hedges &BBD out wide seems to work.  Szmodic looks like he may have that knack of popping up with goals in the ten role (similar to Dack).  Would love to see us sign another forward. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, AJW said:

That’s 25% of our goal tally .. come end of season that would be classed as prolific wouldn’t it 

We're not expecting 46 goals from Trav. Or indeed, half our goal tally.

Edited by Mike E

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I have been going on Ewood for 53 years and I have never once wanted us too sell , our best players , whether that be Newton ,knighton ,Hunter ,Field ,Sir Roger,Hird,Bailey, Crawford , Barker, Hendry, Shearer et Al , it very very rarely works...

Put Johnny Byrom in to that mix just before my time..

Fred Pickering .... When he was sold I just knew bad times were coming. England too.

4 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I have been going on Ewood for 53 years and I have never once wanted us too sell , our best players , whether that be Newton ,knighton ,Hunter ,Field ,Sir Roger,Hird,Bailey, Crawford , Barker, Hendry, Shearer et Al , it very very rarely works...

Me too! 53Years!

7 hours ago, J*B said:

Across all competitions, totally speculatively….

Hedges - 5

Gallagher - 10

Dolan - 3

Vale - 2

Gallagher couldn’t score 3 never mind 10 goals a season even with an open net

Britain will score more this season

6 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I didn’t want us to get rid of Speedy, but we did ok

21 minutes ago, pomster said:

Gallagher couldn’t score 3 never mind 10 goals a season even with an open net

Britain will score more this season

How much you wanna bet that Brittain scores more than Gallagher? 

John Bailey and Kevin Hird would rip sides to bits in this league.

I agree our early promise and the positivity of the new gaffer should help bring in new players who might be worried about the set up based on the past 5 years of Moggadom. It would be great to keep BBD in the ranks, plus add some new quality faces to the line up.

COYB!

8 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Vernon! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

Anyone with some good names who could be a decent replacement for BBD 

There aren’t many players about that play like Diaz does. He likes to run from deep with the ball at his feet. Davies likes to play off the centre half. Different styles, I’d still have Davies on loan though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

Anyone with some good names who could be a decent replacement for BBD 

Not to state the obvious but he's not really replaceable. Lads that size, that strong, who are quick and finish like that are usually way out of our budget. 

I think the best we could hope for is Bowler. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Oops wrong quote.

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There aren’t many players about that play like Diaz does. He likes to run from deep with the ball at his feet. Davies likes to play off the centre half. Different styles, I’d still have Davies on loan though.

In this system,  Davies has the perfect game - as the central striker leading the line.  Pace and physicality.  

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller