BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Van Hecke on bench for Brighton.

Looks like 5th choice there, 

Rovers should be in talks with Brighton and maybe we make an approach to sign him but got to wait until after this game before we can proceed with it. Hopefully Gregg Broughton is meeting Brighton Technical director David Weir about a deal after this game.  

59 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think part of the reluctance from Venkys is they gave Dack a massive deal then he did 2 ACLs. THere is something about the way they work these days that suggests they would rather lose money than get screwed over by agents or pure chance. Rather let someone go than pay bumper deals.

Short-term thinking though. Promotion and the club is instantly rich. And no FFS either! 

(Financial Fair Security!)

6 hours ago, pomster said:

I didn’t want us to get rid of Speedy, but we did ok

We got £25,000 for John Byrom and that was a steal for Bolton.  Loved watching Byrom - he had a touch of arrogance about him and was a very intelligent footballer.  Got even better as he got older and he was superb as he dropped deeper for Bolton playing in an advanced midfield role.   Honestly don't think he realised his potential. 

27 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Van Hecke on bench for Brighton.

Think the lad is almost ready to hold down a PL place now.  Would love him back here but think we can only dream.

Edited by Mercer

5 minutes ago, super_badge said:

They okay with 3 don’t they? If so I’d have thought they’d be wanting to sign a CB rather than get rid of one.

His contract situation needs sorting though too doesn’t it. 

They have 4 centre backs and Would bring in fifth one so Van Hecke is probably 6th choice shortly. Plus 12 months left on his contract

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Brittain only scored 1 goal for Barnsley and that was in a recent friendly. You really wanna take a bet that he scores more than a forward?

I’l take it!

If we donate winnings to charity 

Edited by pomster

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think part of the reluctance from Venkys is they gave Dack a massive deal then he did 2 ACLs. THere is something about the way they work these days that suggests they would rather lose money than get screwed over by agents or pure chance. Rather let someone go than pay bumper deals.

Dack signed the new deal in between the two injuries.

I think it was reported by someone who has met Waggott that he said Venky's would indeed rather lose money on a player and let him walk away on a free than sell before they want to or before their valuation is met (as they did with Rothwell)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The pass was to the defender who cocked up under pressure

An header to the only person free who then scores a 35yd worldie is not an assist that I would count on my stats, I'd be ashamed.

He's done OK, was dispossessed lot v QPR, let's not get carried away too much at this stage...

Good athlete, has legs which is important.   He's come on a touch since the end of last season hopefully much more to come.

Yeah not having legs would be a hindrence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

The burning issue is that BBD is untested as a PL forward and much like Armstrong has found it will be a huge step up. That’s why teams are not throwing everything to get him ! Another 2 seasons at our level with good scoring record will see him get his move 

The thing is, as a big money signing with a reluctant seller compared to a free agent, he becomes a totally different prospect. A second good year and there may be numerous clubs in the PL and in top leagues elsewhere who see Brereton as a very tasty free agent.

The thing is too which is in his favour is even if he failed to replicate that form and attract Premier League interest, we would be cutting our noses off to spite our face if we withdrew that offer.

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Didn't someone on here yesterday say Van Hecke has 100% not travelled to Manchester 😆

Yes, they did. Hopefully it means nothing and he can make the short journey to Brockhall tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Its dead simple, break the wage structure, offer him a new deal worth £40k+ with a buy out clause above £17m.

Letting players walk for nothing is an absolute disgrace for a club in our position, its criminal. 

Brilliant. Here’s what happens next, alongside some story telling…

He signs a new 4-year contract on 40K a week with a 17M release fee. His contract is now worth £8,320,00. 

He scores 10 goals by 20th Jan. Leeds are in the bottom three, 5 points from safety and Bamford gets injured. They immediately offer us the 17M and Ben goes. 

We pay off his contract that we owe him and are left with 7.5M, of which Forest take their 10%. We now have 6.75M and Ben stands us at a loss in FFP, so we can’t sign a replacement. 

Rovers pick up 4 points from 27 relying on Markanday to replace Ben. Furious, JDT walks. We hire Mowbray to steady the ship. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

He signs a new 4-year contract on 40K a week with a 17M release fee. His contract is now worth £8,320,00. 

He scores 10 goals by 20th Jan. Leeds are in the bottom three, 5 points from safety and Bamford gets injured. They immediately offer us the 17M and Ben goes. 

We pay off his contract that we owe him and are left with 7.5M, of which Forest take their 10%. We now have 6.75M and Ben stands us at a loss in FFP, so we can’t sign a replacement. 

Rovers pick up 4 points from 27 relying on Markanday to replace Ben. Furious, JDT walks. We hire Mowbray to steady the ship. 

Why would we pay his contract if he goes to another team……?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

You don't pay off the remainder of players' contracts if they leave of their own volition. I don't know where you get that idea from. Maybe you're confusing it with paying off managers who've been sacked.

Otherwise no-one would ever move, it would be worth the selling Club's while.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

The numbers are hypothetical I’m not doing the deal and why would we pay his contract up?

I assume you’re happy for him to leave for free next summer? 

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Why would we pay his contract if he goes to another team……?

Because that’s what he’s owed? That happens on almost every transfer. As I said, it’s storytelling, you would in reality try and reach a settlement. But he would get a lot of dough if he was on 40K a week. See United trying to sign De Jong. 

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You don't pay off the remainder of players' contracts if they leave of their own volition. I don't know where you get that idea from. Maybe you're confusing it with paying off managers who've been sacked.

Otherwise no-one would ever move, it would be worth the selling Club's while.

You only don’t pay if a transfer request is handed in which waives the right to a fee i.e. the player wants to go. Trust me, I have footballers in the family that like transferring often because of this. They also all get between 4K and 8K regardless from the PFA for every transfer to help with storage and moving fees, which is great if you move to a local club. 

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

The numbers are hypothetical I’m not doing the deal and why would we pay his contract up?

I assume you’re happy for him to leave for free next summer? 

See above. I don’t think we have any choice but to sell him now, which is why every time JDT mentions him he’s drumming up interest. 

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

We wouldn't be paying his contract up.Transfers wouldn't happen if that was the case 

So when we sold Rhodes we had to pay off the remaining years left on his contract at 35k per week?And he walks into another 4 year contract at Boro on the same money or better than he was on here?

Payoffs only happen if the player leaving is joining a club on a less lucrative contract which Brererton wouldn't.

Do you think Barca had to pay Neymars contract off when he joined PSG?

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Because that’s what he’s owed? That happens on almost every transfer. As I said, it’s storytelling, you would in reality try and reach a settlement. But he would get a lot of dough if he was on 40K a week. See United trying to sign De Jong. 

You only don’t pay if a transfer request is handed in which waives the right to a fee i.e. the player wants to go. Trust me, I have footballers in the family that like transferring often because of this. They also all get between 4K and 8K regardless from the PFA for every transfer to help with storage and moving fees, which is great if you move to a local club. 

See above. I don’t think we have any choice but to sell him now, which is why every time JDT mentions him he’s drumming up interest. 

Players get a loyalty payment for not requesting the transfer they don't get their contracts paying in full if the money on offer is the same or above their current deal.

If Brererton was on 20k per week here and we sold him to a team who were only paying him 15k per week then we would have to pay him off that 5k per week(if a settlement couldn't be reached) not the full 20k 

Barca owe De Jong wages 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

You only don’t pay if a transfer request is handed in which waives the right to a fee i.e. the player wants to go.

You're thinking of the loyalty bonus. We pay that if they haven't put in a transfer request. But it is definitely not equivalent to the whole rest of their contract.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

That's clearly wrong - why do you think then that players on big deals who have become surplus to requirements opt to sit out their deals rather than move for less money elsewhere?

According to you they'd get paid twice!

• Like 2