BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

23 minutes ago, ROVER_N_OUT1978 said:

Doesn't look like anything is close at the moment.

What would people be happy with? One permanent CB and another on loan?

Personally, I would like to see Callum Styles (there's an excellent all action CM there and as some say he can cover LWB), two quality CBs (Goode and Helik) and the icing on the cake would be an extra attacker (Delap on loan) or possibly a cut price deal for Birmancivic.

One can but dream I know 

My feeling is JPvH on a perm plus 1 cb loaned. Then Bowler and we’re done. If we can get BBD to sign a new contract then great! If not then inevitably, he’ll be sold and I’d expect Birmancevic plus 1 (hopefully a number 9, to replace.

• Like 2

I agree - can't see us getting Bowler, Styles or JPVH unfortunately.

However, I will fully back whoever JDT brings in - the man knows what he needs to make his vision a reality. Regardless of who comes in, JDT will remain our biggest coup this season.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

My feeling is JPvH on a perm plus 1 cb loaned. Then Bowler and we’re done. If we can get BBD to sign a new contract then great! If not then inevitably, he’ll be sold and I’d expect Birmancevic plus 1 (hopefully a number 9, to replace.

Unless the BBD offer hits Venky's £20m valuation, he won't be sold. The likely hood is he will leave for free next summer.

• Like 1

All quite exciting isn’t it.

JDT is now on record saying we will bring more players in and the key point, we will be ‘stronger’. None of us seem to have a clue which players that will be. Enjoy the ride!

I can’t see BBD leaving now. Venkys are stubborn and money seems to be no object so him leaving for free seems the most likely outcome.

A big question mark for me is what JDT does with Dack. Concern if he isn’t in his plans he is a big character in the dressing room and could start a rot. He seems a bit stuck in the L1 days where he was a big fish in a Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew sized pond. There is no doubting his ability and would love him to take on the challenge and step up - over to you Brad.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

All quite exciting isn’t it.

JDT is now on record saying we will bring more players in and the key point, we will be ‘stronger’. None of us seem to have a clue which players that will be. Enjoy the ride!

I can’t see BBD leaving now. Venkys are stubborn and money seems to be no object so him leaving for free seems the most likely outcome.

A big question mark for me is what JDT does with Dack. Concern if he isn’t in his plans he is a big character in the dressing room and could start a rot. He seems a bit stuck in the L1 days where he was a big fish in a Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew sized pond. There is no doubting his ability and would love him to take on thsu challenge and step up - over to you Brad.

We'll see. You could be right, but I can see a scenario where someone gets desperate close to the deadline. I'd like to think that we'll have enough about us with Broughton to anticipate this and be ready to bring in his replacement quickly if such a situation arises. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would have thought he’ll play from the start against Hartlepools. Maybe JDT will use the game as a way of finding a way of playing that incorporates Dack. Maybe JDT will really take cup games seriously. We’ll find out soon enough.

Yes! A Cup run! When did we last have one?

1 minute ago, Craigman said:

I don't understand why we don't offer BBD a bigger contract, with a release clause if a bigger club comes in for him, so he knows he can move on, but it secures our club's valuation.

I'm pretty sure we would have done that.

Getting him to sign it though is a different matter.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would have thought he’ll play from the start against Hartlepools. Maybe JDT will use the game as a way of finding a way of playing that incorporates Dack. Maybe JDT will really take cup games seriously. We’ll find out soon enough.

I'm not usually one for advocating massive changes in cup games, but I'd be more than happy with us freshening things up as much as we can with our squad, if only to give a few players the chance to show what they can do. Ideally starts for Dack, Vale, Markanday, Morton and Edun at the very least. Good cases for a few others too.

It's far too early in the season to be thinking about having more in the tank than the opposition, but West Brom play against Sheffield United on the Thursday, as well as tonight in the league. They'll probably make a few changes in the cup, but there will also be a few who will play twice before we face them this Sunday. Three games in six days for some of them vs a whole week to prepare for the lads that we rest against Hartlepool. Might give us a slight additional edge, even at this time of year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Craigman said:

I don't understand why we don't offer BBD a bigger contract, with a release clause if a bigger club comes in for him, so he knows he can move on, but it secures our club's valuation.

Likely because his agent knows that the absence of a transfer fee means he can get his client a far bigger wage and a very lucrative signing on fee. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Might sign a new contract yet 👀🤞🏽

That just isn't going to happen unfortunately. We couldn't keep two players who graduated from our own academy and another who didn't, who are good Championship players but no more than that for now. Why would we be able to convince a Chilean international star, coveted by numerous clubs, to sign on for far less money than he will get elsewhere and forego the fantastic signing on fee he will be eligible for next summer? Optimism is all well and good but it should be grounded in reality too.

The only scenario I can see it happening is in the fairly unlikely one that we get promoted this season. Even then, it relies on him not signing a pre-contract with a foreign club in January. We know some are looking.

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That just isn't going to happen unfortunately. We couldn't keep two players who graduated from our own academy and another who didn't, who are good Championship players but no more than that for now. Why would we be able to convince a Chilean international star, coveted by numerous clubs, to sign on for far less money than he will get elsewhere and forego the fantastic signing on fee he will be eligible for next summer? Optimism is all well and good but it should be grounded in reality too.

The only scenario I can see it happening is in the fairly unlikely one that we get promoted this season. Even then, it relies on him not signing a pre-contract with a foreign club in January. We know some are looking.

Different management and structure 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hartlepools..... there's an old term TS not see or heard that in a long time

The new manager would get a big tick from me if unlike Mowbray he took both cup competitions seriously

Fans love a good cup run, it brings excitement and the prospect of a big game in the later stages. Cups meant nothingh to Mowbray, just a chance to try another team experiment on his "project" to nowhere

• Like 2