BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What rumours are these? How do you know this? 

Don't know if how he fits into the starting given they play 3-4-1-2. 

Would be the ideal pressing forward

I'm sure we caused them enough problems. 

I dont know for sure, hence regularly saying if. But the Ahmedhodzic interest was regularly reported in the LT, and Tomasson said in the press that Davies was a good player. If we actively chased those 2, if, then perhaps Van Hecke was never a primary active target this summer. Its just been assumed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give over, furlong is shyte, he will be getting rinsed off BBD, no chance he will be passing the half way line...and that Milwall reject , nowt to worry about....

You know that’s what’s known as ‘Doing a Mercer’ in these parts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Watching West Brom tonight and we are going to need two left backs against them. Hope JDT reinforces that area on Sunday as Furlong and Wallace are causing Watford all sorts of problems

To be fair we can just do 532 like we did last 20 mins against Swansea. Both Edun and Pickering on.

Wonder what theyre thinking at WBA hq - set up to attack us or look to draw us out. Based on our first two matches this is a tricky call for them. Reckon they might come and sit back and see what we can do and hit us on the break.  Do to us what we did at Swansea.

That's the way with the Championship, everyone responds very quickly to how the other teams play.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont know for sure, hence regularly saying if. But the Ahmedhodzic interest was regularly reported in the LT, and Tomasson said in the press that Davies was a good player. If we actively chased those 2, if, then perhaps Van Hecke was never a primary active target this summer. Its just been assumed.

Well we chased both from reports. 

I'm sure we had Van Hecke on our shortlist from the start of the summer

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

That's the way with the Championship, everyone responds very quickly to how the other teams play.

TBH - not certain what our style actually is. Lots of talk of high press - against QPR, didn't see a lot of it (though first game). Against Swansea tactic seemed to be to let them come onto us, then press when they got in our half. 

In pre-season he played 4 and 5 at the back. His preference seems to be 4 attackers in a 3-1 formation - but that is very fluid.

It is going to be an interesting season 😁

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Would love PJ back.

Can anyone actually see Wolves, Hammers or Sevilla going for BBD? I can't. I think he will be here primo September. 

Think clubs are holding out to get him on a free. One might get desperate at the end of the window though - something that terrifies me as we will have no time to replace. 

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

Would love PJ back.

Can anyone actually see Wolves, Hammers or Sevilla going for BBD? I can't. I think he will be here primo September. 

Not now, no. They've clearly moved on to other targets. 

I wonder if Southampton getting burned by Armstrong has made them look elsewhere - Brereton is a much better player though.

52 minutes ago, 47er said:

Except it looks like we won't be playing the same from one game to the next.

I think we have a core formation / system that we adapt to the opposition.

Against QPR the front 4 pressed as a group in spurts, then sat back in a mid-block.

Against Swansea the gameplan was clearly to sit deep and wait for the mistake. Not many teams play like Swansea, so I don't expect us to do that too often.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

Would love PJ back.

Me too (as long as the deal was sensible!) 

Can't see it happening though, i think maybe he'd still like to show he can still do it in the prem given the chance. 

That said there where reports of him linking up with Rooney in America  (which would make sense because they do like there injury prone older players over there) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

It’s a real shame we missed out on Ahemodzic - our window would be looking top top tier if we had got that one over the line. Sheffield United fans are raving about him. 

Ideally we get Van Hecke in however I wouldn’t too opposed to Marvin Ekpiteta from Blackpool. Massively underrated. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TruRover said:

It’s a real shame we missed out on Ahemodzic - our window would be looking top top tier if we had got that one over the line. Sheffield United fans are raving about him. 

Ideally we get Van Hecke in however I wouldn’t too opposed to Marvin Ekpiteta from Blackpool. Massively underrated. 

We should have pushed the boat our for him. Will be a top top player so no worries on recouping any investment. Ah well.

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I really don't think you should get your hopes up about Van Hecke. Time to move on and quick about it!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Boro are being linked with a move for Alex Mowatt, likely on loan.

We should definitely be in there asking questions, a good player in an area we are light in and one with good experience too.

Remember him smashing that goal in off the bar just as I was taking my seat last season. Do we need another centre mid though? He's class and I'd out him ahead of any of our current midfield but who do we drop?

Edited by Danny O.Brien

5 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Remember him smashing that goal in off the bar just as I was taking my seat last season. Do we need another centre mid though? He's class and I'd out him ahead of any of our current midfield but who do we drop?

We definitely need another central midfielder, although I dont think we will get one. Travis, Buckley and Morton supplemented by kids is not enough over a 46 game Championship season. At the moment Travis and Buckley have the shirts but he would really push the latter in particular and also offer an option of more experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

We should have pushed the boat our for him. Will be a top top player so no worries on recouping any investment. Ah well.

We have to keep to a wage structure - I've no problems with pushing the boat out for a player, but within reason.

It's a shame we didn't get him, but I'm sure he's getting paid much more than we can afford.