BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

27 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Unless he did it last night (I wasn't at the match) he's done it once this season, but yes he played with 3 CBs at Malmo on occasion too. I think he likes the flexibility.

He dropped to 3 at the back to shut down Swansea towards the end of that game. 

I thought I read he did it last night. I wasn't there either though and I could be misremembering what I read now I think on it. Perhaps moving Pickering to CB again made me think that, but that was to bring Wharton off. Having a look at Pickering as a CB still suggests to me he wants to go 3 at the back sometimes. I think it's an effective tool to have in our arsenal, we saw last season how difficult it can be to break down.

14 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

I really hope JDT can welcome VDB rather than VDH because I really think VDB can TCB better than VDH can.

In other words, IRHJDTCWVDBRTVDHBIRTVDBCTCBBTVDHC. No idea why you felt the need to be so wordy.

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you find he was the one to break it but we are going off discussing transfers and whether they would be good signing here.

Sorry to disappoint but Alan Nixon's "exclusive" went out on the 23rd July - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19297029/blackburn-loan-liverpool-tyler-morton-exclusive/ His signing was being talked about on here 2 days earlier. I'm pretty sure there was a tweet in the morning of the 21st/22nd with a story to say it was happening too by another journalist - possibly The Mail?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieUK said:

Sorry to disappoint but Alan Nixon's "exclusive" went out on the 23rd July - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19297029/blackburn-loan-liverpool-tyler-morton-exclusive/ His signing was being talked about on here 2 days earlier. I'm pretty sure there was a tweet in the morning of the 21st/22nd with a story to say it was happening too by another journalist - possibly The Mail?

Nixon following up on a national newspaper story. Now there's a surprise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

TBH, the use of acronyms such as CB, LB, RB, RHM, CF, CH etc etc all the time is completely OTT. If folks are too lazy to post decent English they'd be better to STFU

I knew you had a SOH Jim 😉

9 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

It was on his Twitter before that sun piece and In fairness to Nixon he said on his Twitter that he couldn't take credit for breaking Morton.

He definitely did break the Brittain story though.

I take what he says with a pinch of salt and do think he is arrogant but going off his Twitter which I do read he has had quite a few exclusives that have come off this summer throughout the football league 

• Like 2

Nixon is flakey at best especially his answers to questions on Twitter often just hedges his bets but we’ve also got to appreciate that these days there are very few ITKs on here and even less journalists reporting on rovers until a transfer is about to happen. So it is the hand we are dealt!

Not a word from any local journalists on Van Der Berg so either it’s not true or they are is in the dark as everyone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It was on his Twitter before that sun piece and In fairness to Nixon he said on his Twitter that he couldn't take credit for breaking Morton.

He definitely did break the Brittain story though.

I take what he says with a pinch of salt and do think he is arrogant but going off his Twitter which I do read he has had quite a few exclusives that have come off this summer throughout the football league 

I still find it amazing that people expect a hack to be anywhere near 100% accurate with speculative information gleaned from a source.

Even if Gregg Broughton himself was the source drip feeding information to Alan Nixon, (and I know it won’t be him), information from a source has time limited validity, as transfers are subject to snags and changes of plan, from both club and player.

Alan Nixon clearly has a source at the club.

• Like 3