BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

18 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I thought Sepp turned up down for Burnley? Now he’s on his way? I can’t see that, will be Nixon & his agent pals feeding him to attract attention.

I’m sure will will find out tomorrow.

Liverpool insisted on a 30 game clause from Burnley, they couldn’t guarantee that as Harwood-Bellis had the same clause, so they dropped interest.

1 minute ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Find suggestions that Hayden Carter ‘isn’t good enough’ laughable 

I don’t think he’s played enough games at Championship level for us to know whether or not he’s good enough, it’s definitely harsh on him to say he’s not good enough. If he wants to play week in week out bringing two centre halves in probably means he’s not going to get much game time this season so we may look at loaning him out again. I feel like JDT sees him as cover for RB and CB, he’s obviously more suited to playing at Centre half but I’d much rather Carter come in at RB for Brittain if he got injured or suspended than JRC. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I still find it amazing that people expect a hack to be anywhere near 100% accurate with speculative information gleaned from a source.

Even if Gregg Broughton himself was the source drip feeding information to Alan Nixon, (and I know it won’t be him), information from a source has time limited validity, as transfers are subject to snags and changes of plan, from both club and player.

Alan Nixon clearly has a source at the club.

He did have ! He is a very close friend of our previous manager!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Liverpool insisted on a 30 game clause from Burnley, they couldn’t guarantee that as Harwood-Bellis had the same clause, so they dropped interest.

There is not a team in the Championship that can offer or give a guarantee for a loan player to play X amount of games in the season

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Find suggestions that Hayden Carter ‘isn’t good enough’ laughable 

Why laughable? When he has played for our first team prior, he hasn't been good enough.

I personally am hopeful that a second successful loan spell leaves him a much better player, but can understand a level of scepticism.

44 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

As good as he is, if they have insisted on that then we should walk away. What if he got injured, how would that work? He will presumably not instantly come in and he would need to play 30 of 43 games, which he may well do, but we don't want a clause to in any way conflict with the priority of picking the best team for each match.

I really dont like the idea of a loanee who has a 30 match guarantee.  I'm all for competition and recall signing my first contract.  The manager said, "Now that you've signed, my job is find a replacement for you...your job is to make sure anyone I bring in isn't better".  While that's all fine and dandy when you bring players in on a permanent move, it really doesnt make sense when you bring that competition in on loan.  Take Carter for instance, he played very well in league 1 last season, he deserves a shot to fight for time on the field, develop and show he has it.  Certainly if Ash or Barnes or some other signing is better then so be it.  But when that other play is on a one year rental the only value it provides the club is if that player helps us get promoted or avoid relegation...otherwise it's at a loss to Carter.  

We've had successful loans these last two year, JPV and Elliot but we certainly didnt go up with them, and not sure we would have gone down without them.  So what value to the club did they really provide?  

All I'm saying is we should have a policy that gives our own young players a chance to fill the squad unless we think we are making a push to go up or need the qualify form going down.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The trick is not to engage with him - just follow. It's a source of information (however credible). 

Nobody is immune to being blocked by him i got blocked for talking to an agent who was in a row with the SEM boys at Bolton a decade ago.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why laughable? When he has played for our first team prior, he hasn't been good enough.

I personally am hopeful that a second successful loan spell leaves him a much better player, but can understand a level of scepticism.

As good as he is, if they have insisted on that then we should walk away. What if he got injured, how would that work? He will presumably not instantly come in and he would need to play 30 of 43 games, which he may well do, but we don't want a clause to in any way conflict with the priority of picking the best team for each match.

Those clauses are standard practice when those sort of teams are sending out players on loan, and if the player doesn't play then we would have to pay for it.Probably have a break clause in January.

Bellis with Burnley will have some sort of gametime clause in the contract as will other young players that have moved from the bigger premier league teams.

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There is not a team in the Championship that can offer or give a guarantee for a loan player to play X amount of games in the season

It depends, Van Den Berg would walk into a good few sides in this league, if one of those sides brought him in they could easily guarantee Liverpool he’d be playing games. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Anel rumour came initially from Scandanavian press that we wanted him and Berget.

Well whatever as much as he is called out on here he has got a lot of deals right and exclusives this summer throughout the league's.

Arrogant yes Know nothing I dont agree 

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Was it him who told him about our interest in Davies, Anel and the signing of Brittain as all those links came about in the media through Nixon 

I didnt offer anything else other than he was a close friend of AN and a regular sharing a bottle of vino and a meal together!

28 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He did have ! He is a very close friend of our previous manager!!

Really? You wouldn’t have known as he didn’t kick up a fuss about his contract not being renewed or the manner in which he was treated prior to his departure.

Or are you talking about Coyle? 

What Nixon was was a guy speaking from inside a certain agency it's no coincidence he has his finger on the pulse when they were infesting all levels at Ewood.

Also no coincidence that as they were weeded out his info became all but a trickle, now it's a drip.

• Like 2