BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Medical at Watford apparently. Would have loved him here. Proper handful 

Think that’s probably because Sarr and Dennis being linked away from them and they want someone in first. Handful like you say but not the greatest goal scorer. Jason Roberts comes to mind

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Dennis to Forest for £20 million. Mad prices. Forest very much going down the splurge to survive route. Doesn’t usually go well.

Condemned if they don't spend, condemned if they do. At least Forest are giving themselves a chance. They recognise they need more quality and numbers and they're spending the cash. As a Forest fan you'd be delighted. We're not doing spending and on squad numbers alone it's less likely to end well

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Based on his lack of pace and lack of technical ability.   Obviously this is just my opinion 

Again, though, pace isn't subjective or a matter of opinion. He's either got it or he hasn't. I'm guessing you've not seen enough of him to know either way, because from what I've read he's no slouch. And he's technically sound. 

Are you confusing him with a Preston player?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Again, though, pace isn't subjective or a matter of opinion. He's either got it or he hasn't. I'm guessing you've not seen enough of him to know either way, because from what I've read he's no slouch. And he's technically sound. 

Are you confusing him with a Preston player?

Nope, he's lacking pace and technical ability.  Seen enough last season.  But you've only read, so youre criticising my opinion even though I've watched him way more than you...🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sparks Rover

49 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Think Burnley are just shy of a decent striker, to have a real good do this season. If they can get him they'll be up there this season. Let's hope it all falls apart 🤞🤞🤞

I saw a Burnley discussion and they were desperate to sign Adebayo from Luton.

We should have signed Adebayo in January, along with Swift who is now at WBA (for free!)

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Clarkson was nowhere near up to it thats why, would have been suicidal to shoehorn him in. Its pretty obvious Van Den Berg is a different kettle of fish, he's been there done it.

I fully agree he wasn't of the required standard but I was responding to the point that we'd good dealings with Liverpool and given plenty of game time to loanees

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I saw a Burnley discussion and they were desperate to sign Adebayo from Luton.

We should have signed Adebayo in January, along with Swift who is now at WBA (for free!)

Absolutely massive wages apparently at Reading. WBA have obviously matched or thereabouts. Would never have happened for us. 

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nope, he's lacking pace and technical ability.  Seen enough last season.  But you've only read, so youre criticising my opinion even though I've watched him way more than you...🤷‍♂️

I've seen him a few times. he doesn't lack pace at all. And saying he lacks 'technical ability' is so vague as to be meaningless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Do we still reckon Ash Phillips is off? Seems odd he made his debut and then gets sold?

He won't be going anywhere until the end of the season as thats when his scholarship ends.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Absolutely massive wages apparently at Reading. WBA have obviously matched or thereabouts. Would never have happened for us. 

With our league position and knowing that BBD was being lost to Chile it should have.

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Do we still reckon Ash Phillips is off? Seems odd he made his debut and then gets sold?

May increase the price a tribunal would set. And until he signs elsewhere, we will probably hold out hope he signs here. Playing him helps with that (unless it persuades big clubs to up their interest!)