BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, R0verb0y said:

I'm not getting at you, @philibut what does this actually mean?

Does it mean you're guessing (hoping? praying?!) that Venky's have set £20 million + add-ons as a sum below which, they won't sanction BBD's sale? Or that you've read someone who claims to be in the know - but of course can't reveal their sources - has said it.

Time for all similar statements to be treated with a lot of doubt, methinks. What'll happen will happen, whether or not we speculate about it.

They have set an amount rumoured to be £20m that they will sell at. If no one meets it he will stay for the next 12 months and leave on a free next summer. 

Which was confirmed to Glen by Waggott and Gav heard similar. I still think the likely hood is he leaves on a free next summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

If a relative unproven striker like Cornet can be sold for 17.5 Million, anything under 20 Million for Brereton is just pure and utter folly.

The problem here is it appears to other Clubs we are desperate to offload but we have our Billionaire owners to thank for that.

Cornet had 200-odd appearances for Lyon, before going to Bumley. Definitely proven quality.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rebelmswar said:

Close is very relative and can be used by journalists with a great deal of ambiguousness depending on the relative impact of the event. A comet is considered close at 500,000 miles but a car coming within 3 feet of you is also close. So in regards to us losing our best player "close" could well mean many miles away.

Yep. Like our "healthy budget". I'm still not sure there is any evidence of "healthy" in this context meaning many £ more than 'negative'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t see a world where Bowler joins us when Forest are allegedly interested. 

That Malmo LW is the straight forward guess, it would make sense. I think we would need two to replace him though, either another winger freeing up Gallagher to by a traditional #9 or a new striker. 

And that lad at AZ perhaps?

10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

If a relative unproven striker like Cornet can be sold for 17.5 Million, anything under 20 Million for Brereton is just pure and utter folly.

The problem here is it appears to other Clubs we are desperate to offload but we have our Billionaire owners to thank for that.

Cornet is a better footballer than Brereton Diaz come on! 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Jesus christ,I hope we don't let our top player asset walk through the door for Peanuts!

Again,don't be sure we'll see any of that money reinvested into the side.

Sad situation.

We have an exciting, young, ambitious manager and an ambitious, highly qualified DoF.

The squad has been bled dry - if we sold Brereton and didn't re-invest the money then you might as well just give up now.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We have an exciting, young, ambitious manager and an ambitious, highly qualified DoF.

The squad has been bled dry - if we sold Brereton and didn't re-invest the money then you might as well just give up now.

To clarify, Broughton is not highly qualified as a DoF at all. It's his first time in the role.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Yep. Like our "healthy budget". I'm still not sure there is any evidence of "healthy" in this context meaning many £ more than 'negative'.

Indeed I've postulated that healthy budget could mean enough to buy a bag of rice to a destitute person and could mean enough to feed a thousand to a rich person.

Regarding Nixon we must always remeber that he's shilling news for direct money, writing a story called "Bugger All is Happening" will not get him beer money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swanson said:

Marius Lode got his work permit application rejected yesterday (no surprise). We were the club in the Championship with the offer, heard this from two different reporters.

Anyway, won't happen now.

This doesn't surprise me we have clowns running the H/O & immigration dept. How this country has come to this is shocking how they can't see the people making these decisions are totally incompetent how these people carry on delaying JDT's work permit & then did international clearance separately then processed his assistants application separately & made the same mistakes the whole application to come & stay in this country is a joke would be better to send the HS on a one way ticket to Rwanda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal said:

Apparently Gordon doesn’t want to go to Chelsea anyway, but I don’t see the £60m player anyone else sees. Didn’t rate him watching him in the bits I have and think his style diving/shithousery is a huge negative. Can understand Everton wanting to cash in, but if Gordon’s a starter (as I believe) then BBD would be, as well.

Can only wish him well. He turned in a sub appearance at Bradford last night, no stropping in general and I’d like to see him do well, but no striker since Craig Bellamy has really kicked on after leaving us.

Doesn't want to go to Chelsea? What of playing CL football, potentially winning trophies, not being in a relegation scrap, and earning probably 4x more money doesn't appeal. I am sure on further reflection he will see the merits!

• Like 2

On the BBD replacement - chances of us finding a guaranteed 20 goal replacement pretty much zero. We will be looking to Gallagher, Dack, Markanday, Sammie, Hedges and a relatively modest new signing to makeup the shortfall between them. 

If we wanted to buy a guaranteed 20 goal Championship level striker we'd have to pay the same sort of money we want for BBD.

Looks a tall order but been here before when Armstrong left. 

Edited by joey_big_nose

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

To clarify, he has the UEFA Pro License (the highest coaching qualification) and FA Technical Director qualifications.

Fair enough, we mean it in different senses then, you mean actual qualifications. Like Shania Twain though, that don't impress me much. Coaching isn't even part of the job description so far as I'm aware. I want a proven record when I go in for surgery, not someone who just has the qualifications.

It would be correct to sell Brereton now because you cant let him run his contract down. The logical next step especially with Brereton being the second striker sold for big money in 12 months.

The next logical part is to spend a good chunk of that 30m combined on a proper striker. Someone like Adebajo, Riis or Tyrese Campbell, at least some those will likely be unrealistic but a 8-10m striker because aside from an unfancied Dack, there are very few goals left. That wont happen, it will probably be 2 or 3 loans between now and next week, and then the window will close and the usual suspects will either defend Venkys by assuming a big budget was there and it was incompetence that stopped it being spent and/or saying it is best not to waste money on players that dont fit the bill.

• Like 2