BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can we Hecke. He would no doubt cost more.  

But comparatively, even at twice the price.  He would be a better option for the club.

That said, I'd rather not spend a large amount in JPVH either😂.

I'd rather we invested up front.

His contract is expiring.... but would surely cost around £3.5m....

6 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

He was there worst player by a mile.

Kept making wrong decisions and didn't het his head up 

That was my thinking as well. Honestly I can't remember that he played and as a former Rover I would definitely remember if he did well. 

So Breo is going to Everton for medical today then?

Reports say we're getting over £20m in total... 

Will there be incomings?

Remember Rothwell, Nyambe, Leninhan, + loans has all gone..... there should be money over to spend. ... will there be is the question? Will JDT stay if they don't give him the freedom to get players in? Seems to be a hectic 6 days....

• Like 1

It appears that Brereton is on his way then.

So this 'healthy budget' and '£10m to spend' appears to be a load of tosh. It's more like you have to sell to buy and even then will the whole amount be given to spend?

Nothing will ever change under this lot.

• Like 3

BBD out

Styles, Van Hecke, Sepp, genuine central striker with solid 15+ per season goal scoring record in top two divisions of the big five European leagues in. 

That would be okay. Arguably some progress on where we were last year. Depends how the likes of Markanday, Hedges, Szmodic, Buckley, Dolan kick on. Can they improve compared to last season? Also Britain is definitely an improvement over Nyambe, and if we get Styles think he should be a bit improvement down the left. Van Hecke and Sepp in would put us on par with last seasons defense. Or alternatively the Coverntry lad looks okay from his stats. Be interesting to see how he compares to Lenihan on stats? 

Not sure who that striker is though...

9 minutes ago, neophox said:

So Breo is going to Everton for medical today then?

Reports say we're getting over £20m in total... 

Will there be incomings?

Remember Rothwell, Nyambe, Leninhan, + loans has all gone..... there should be money over to spend. ... will there be is the question? Will JDT stay if they don't give him the freedom to get players in? Seems to be a hectic 6 days....

Plus 2 games and a bank holiday in that time. 

I’m predicting 3 deadline day loans.

• Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Boro after Ampadu on loan from Boro. We need to at least have a pop at that. He’s top class.

How many centre halves do they need?!

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott, Pasha and Venkys are laughing through all this.

Broughton made into the fall guy. All media and fan focus on him. Barely a mention of the real issues and problems at the Club.

I'm increasingly convinced that's all Broughton's appointment was - to take the others out of the spotlight and put an outsider into the firing line for the next round of cuts.

I think that's a bit cynical tbh. Not sure it's about taking people out of the spotlight necessarily.

What it definitely is though is an explicit strategy to hugely cut the wage bill and transfer spend by focusing on young players, or ones with hidden potential around the league on low wages.

So while maybe not cynically conceived the key idea is the same as what you say - cut costs.

It may be what happened with Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell last season could be the norm if we decide to have low relative wage ceilings which I think is where this is going.

8 hours ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

It is at the moment but it seems we are trying to replace a good number of those graduates so the expenditure will go back to what it was last season.

In terms of people being paid higher salaries, I’ve seen it all throughout my working life. If some people are getting paid more it pisses other people off and then they want more, or they leave. Then we’re back in a position where we either pay higher salary to get a good player in, and so increasing the budget further or we get a lower quality of player.

Football has never worked like that though and footballers know this it's all part and parcel of it.

You aren't going to get the likes of Buckley expecting to be on what Cory Evans was on right now for example. Once they become established first team regulars though they have a right to ask for average championship wages to match.  

The cost gradually goes up across the board but its gone down significantly over the past 2 seasons and other higher earners will be moved on.  This is why it's so important to get money in from sales but we are looking at poss 4 players who might have had a combined 30 million in value having left for nothing by summer.

It's suicide to carry on like that whilst expecting to keep cutting the wage budget as well, a lge 1 budget will eventually give you league 1 football again.

We need to pay and the only way to do it is more owner input and/or maximize sales i.e the Brentford model to stay in line with FFP. 

At the moment we do neither.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think that's a bit cynical tbh. Not sure it's about taking people out of the spotlight necessarily.

What it definitely is though is an explicit strategy to hugely cut the wage bill and transfer spend by focusing on young players, or ones with hidden potential around the league on low wages.

So while maybe not cynically conceived the key idea is the same as what you say - cut costs.

It may be what happened with Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell last season could be the norm if we decide to have low relative wage ceilings which I think is where this is going.

I think JH is spot on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gav said:

To be honest Mowbray worked wonders in the final days of last seasons transfer window with only £1.99 to spend, but your main point is spot on Wing Wizard.

I watched a Sheff Utd side rip us to pieces last Saturday, they've already done there business, a side going places which included a very lively Khadra that we got nowhere near all afternoon.

Apathetic is the word, it starts in Pune, why should anyone give a toss if the owners don't.........

Khadra was without a doubt the worst player on the pitch for them.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Football has never worked like that though and footballers know this it's all part and parcel of it.

You aren't going to get the likes of Buckley expecting to be on what Cory Evans was on right now for example. Once they become established first team regulars though they have a right to ask for average championship wages to match.  

The cost gradually goes up across the board but its gone down significantly over the past 2 seasons and other higher earners will be moved on.  This is why it's so important to get money in from sales but we are looking at poss 4 players who might have had a combined 30 million in value having left for nothing by summer.

It's suicide to carry on like that whilst expecting to keep cutting the wage budget as well, a lge 1 budget will eventually give you league 1 football again.

We need to pay and the only way to do it is more owner input and/or maximize sales i.e the Brentford model to stay in line with FFP. 

At the moment we do neither.

..or increase revenue (ticket sales, sponsorships etc.)

But to do that, we'd need an effective CEO and commercial department.

• Like 3

Let's be honest they've got form for this sort of thing - bringing in a lame duck to divert attention away from what is really going on and convince the masses that there is a positive plan or ambition. Whilst the focus is on that lame duck the real agenda accelerates away from view.

I think Paul Lambert was one of those - he might even have been aware of that himself and willing to go along with it - but he was brought in mid-season, all the focus shifted onto him and a bright future under a surprisingly good appointment. End result? It lasted a few months, they got Rhodes out of the door for over £10 million and the money disappeared, Lambert walked and we were left with a further exodus that summer.

Paul Senior another. Middle of a relegation season, fans rightly in uproar as to what had happened - bring in a snake oil salesman to smooth talk everyone about what grand plans he had and what was going to happen. I won't forget how enamoured many fans were by him and how wonderful things were going to be. End result? It lasted 5 months, we signed one player on loan and he was gone when we were relegated.

Broughton and by extension JDT are looking similar. Replace Rhodes with BBD and the similarities are obvious.

Meanwhile the owners, more importantly their man in the shadows, persist in the background yet NEVER get any direct focus or criticism from the press, left alone to continue doing whatever it is they do.

The price of employing a Lambert, Senior or Broughton for 6-12 months absolutely minimal in the scheme of things if it means the agenda can be delivered quickly and quietly.

• Like 5