BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Fair enough.  I get there are some variables. Hard to weigh up the manager's performance if we can't make a judgement though. 

If people feel it's equal or stronger than last term and we finish lower than 8th, then clearly the manager has under performed. 

If people feel it's weaker, then finishing lower than 8th would not reflect as badly in the manager.

At the moment it's weaker on paper because we haven't flooded the team with 5 PL loans. 

I'll judge again when the window closes - I'm hoping that we don't bring in too many more on loan because it doesn't benefit us if we're not in a promotion race. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Every time I have seen him bar tonight when his speculative cross was headed in and he has been no better than ok not facing a winger, he has been crap. He is crap, lets not pretend he was a talent wasted by Mowbray.

Fair do's, but let's not also start pretending that Mowbray didn't waste a lot of talent with his bullshit ideas and team setups.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just because people may have complained about a lack of signings which likely cost us results due to having too stretched a squad doesn't mean that complaining about the specific individuals that we may sign is unreasonable.

It would also help if people praising a player knew something about the player they were praising. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Are you saying Rothwell is on 50k a week? As I don't think that can be remotely accurate? Or do you mean £50k sign on

Even on a free etc I would have thought his offer would top out around 20k absolute max?

Potentially more. He was offered quadruple what he was on at Rovers. 

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What he was on, or what he was offered? Because I really don't think he was on 12.5k pw upwards here. Most rumours, supposed spreadsheets of player wages etc seem to put him on more like 5-8k. Quadruple that is 20-32k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Why do you mention him?

Bundasliga 2 player, so we could probably make him a good offer comparatively.

Genuinely might be something or nothing but I was fuelling up on Preston New Road whilst he was.  He was visibly struggling with the pay at pump and I so offered to help.  Very tall man and then with the accent, the tracksuit and the car I asked what he was doing round here and he said he was a footballer.  

Didn't ask why or in relation to what or which club but asked if I'd had heard of him which he laughed at hence the name. 

Can't say I've ever seen him kick a ball but Google tells me he's 190cm (6ft 2?) and has played centre back, left back and defensive midfield.  Not exactly a glowing pedigree in Austria and German second division but a couple of games for Canada of recent.  

Would be interesting if not here then at Deepdale or elsewhere 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Genuinely might be something or nothing but I was fuelling up on Preston New Road whilst he was.  He was visibly struggling with the pay at pump and I so offered to help.  Very tall man and then with the accent, the tracksuit and the car I asked what he was doing round here and he said he was a footballer.  

Didn't ask why or in relation to what or which club but asked if I'd had heard of him which he laughed at hence the name. 

Can't say I've ever seen him kick a ball but Google tells me he's 190cm (6ft 2?) and has played centre back, left back and defensive midfield.  Not exactly a glowing pedigree in Austria and German second division but a couple of games for Canada of recent.  

That's some quality rumour fodder right there! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Was just looking into him and had to share this image, where three apparently-professional footballers appear terrified of the ball.

Look at their little hands! They don’t know what to do with themselves.

F2B3C952-F4E9-4F0D-9064-6A9FE5B9A103.jpeg

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If Bournemouth offered him £50k+ when no one was after him all I have to say is they need a new negotiation team!

As someone else mentioned he joined Rovers when we just came up from League One likely on a modest deal as he was a bit part squad player, and never signed an improved deal once he has established himself. He could have been on something as low as £3k to £5k.

• Like 1

coventry fans very upset at losing him,especially at the price,the debacle at their stadium has cost them a lot of money apparently,they are expecting a fine from the fa as well for not being able to fulfill their fixtures,a farce  really as the ground belongs to wasps,their rugby playing landlords,who are also financially bereft

46 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It would also help if people praising a player knew something about the player they were praising. 

Touché Jim. Very good.

It's always quite amusing when we sign a player, and certain posters (having not once suggested we sign said player) claim they've always rated him from since before he was a twinkle in his Dad's eye.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Personally believe Hyam would be an upgrade on Lenihan.

Aso believe Szmodics AT LEAST replaces '1 game in 6' Rothwell.

Like Windy Mike, I'm prepared to accept without having seen him play that Hyam is a decent Lenihan replacement.

However I've seen NOTHING from Szmodics to suggest he will be a useful addition to the squad - let alone a direct replacement for one of out better players.

• Like 4