BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think last midfielder we bought from PNE was Ken Knighton about 50 years ago.  He had the feckin lot - physicality, aggression, tackled like a tank, could pass a ball through the eye of a needle and had a cannonball shot and he was a leader!  Ken would be priceless these days.

I thought Knighton came from Hull ?

So we get a solid defender in Hyam, assuming he replicates his Coventry form in Blue and White.  Couldn't give a stuff whether he's bubbly and enthusiastic when he talks about joining.  He's a professional footballer and I expect him to deliver.

Maybe he was moved on not by his choice but that won't be the first time that it has happened and won't be the last.  There seems to be a good dressing room spirit here and that should help him settle in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Ya big tease!

Front or back???

SVDB should get his media done tomorrow unless Liverpool shit the bed again... Think the 9-0 win has made them less scared of a PR disaster

Scott Wharton, Sepp van den Berg, Daniel Ayala, Dominic Hyam, Hayden Carter and Ashley Phillips is probably the most solid of a central defensive pack we've had since relegation from the Premier League - overall. Allows us to play a 3 or a 4. Shame Van Hecke couldn't happen but we've absolutely addressed a major issue this window.

If we can't address the forward issue til Jan, so be it, but a solid £6.5m+ has been spent this window, which is definitely a step in the right direction based on previous years.

Now we seem to have the CB's covered,in an ideal world someone to challenge Pickering or better replace him, a battling CM and a forward that knows where the goal is before the end of the window please.That won't make everything perfect but i think it's going to take more than 1 transfer window to get us a team worthy of a sustained promotion push.

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I thought Knighton came from Hull ?

No.

Eddie Quig signed him from PNE for circa £50k and we sold him to Hull for circa £60k 2 or 3 years later for financial reasons and we got relegated (along with Bolton) to the old Third Division that season.  With Knighton in our team that would not have happened.

• Like 2

Delighted with Hyam signing. Solid Championship experience centre back with stats to back that up. I still think we bring in Sepp Van Berg who can right back and centre back plus Striker George Hirst(Cos of Glen info there and Elliott Jackson article today) plus BBD replacement as I don't think he will be here come Thursday at 11pm(Delighted if he was still here). I think he will gone before the Blackpool game for 12 to 15 million to Everton or Brighton. I would go for Malmo left side attacker Veljko Birmančević. 

Hopefully a very good and interesting next 96 hours for us with hopefully another 2 to 3 signings to come. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think any suggestion of more than 3 signings is beyond fanciful, Tomasson was very firm in dismissing the suggestion yesterday in his interview that we could get more than 3. If it isn't 3, I would suspect that less (breakdown of deals) is more likely.

2 centre backs including Hyam and a loanee and a loanee attacker seem to be the likely remaining business. Talk of Styles and the Malmo winger would take considerable fees and fall outside of what we are seemingly looking for.

I suppose it could be seen as 3 and then a potential Brereton replacement at a push, but we said last year that we would get a replacement for Armstrong and we didn't.

I don't get why it fanciful at all if budgets allow and we sell BBD. 

We will sign BBD replacement. 

We wanted Maja but he failed his medical on the last hours of the window so we missed out on him. That was Armstrong's replacement and Mowbray first choice target we wanted all summer to replace him with

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Hope @chaddyroversis okay - thought he'd be all over the MB following announcement of Hyam signing.

I am very good thanks Mercer. Just been watching Top Gun Maverick with the missus so completely and utter missed this signing announcement. Delighted with this signing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Pickering's OK without being wonderful. There's more pressing need for reinforcements in midfield and up front

Agreed.

He's clearly struggling for confidence right now, but if we go with a back 5, he'll have more freedom down the left to get forward.

I feel that JDT likes him and sees him as coachable, so LB will not be a priority for us compared to other positions.

Edited by Andy

Brereton aside.

Anybody think we might have 1 or 2 senior players exit in the next few days? 

I got an inkling Dack might go if we bring another attacker in (maybe Mowbray will take him on at Sunderland if he gets that job) 

Cant currently think of another senior player that could leave with the squad as thin as it is, depends who comes in