BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I'd be surprised if we ever pay £5m for Hirst but it's a very good idea to insert a buy clause. I think it makes it far more exciting if you know a loan player could join you permanently if they do well. 

Personally I think he'll become a fans favourite and surprise a few people but probably won't justify paying a £5m fee but we'll see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Anass Zaroury - Wikipedia

That guy has just signed for Burnley. How did he get a work permit? Thought he wouldn't meet the requirements? 

Only asking cos apparently we have bids in for players in Europe. 

15/65 points on the calculator - an easy pass. https://www.transferroom.com/gbe?hsLang=en#calculator

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm with JH on the fee, we don't have £5m for 1 player, we need to buy an entire team with that, but this deal is perfect for a club like ours with no money, its a win win situation for us.

No money apart from the £6.5m already spent?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think we're going to get to 800 pages before everyone grasps the concept of an option to buy at an agreed price. 

Although, I get the wage structure point.  He scores 20 plus goals in the champ.  We have the option to sign him for £5mil - no brainer...but we can't agree terms with the player because he now knows he's worth more than £5 million and wants £25k.  

He's not obligated to sign - so  we can't sign him. 

I think is the JH Rover's issue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

15/65 points on the calculator - an easy pass. https://www.transferroom.com/gbe?hsLang=en#calculator

How accurate is this calculator? I seen reports today that Fulham couldn’t get a work permit for Justin Kluivert even though he gets 20 (I think) on that calculator.

Seems odd that somebody who played 27 times in Ligue 1 on loan last year can’t get a work permit.

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Although, I get the wage structure point.  He scores 20 plus goals in the champ.  We have the option to sign him for £5mil - no brainer...but we can't agree terms with the player because he now knows he's worth more than £5 million and wants £25k.  

He's not obligated to sign - so  we can't sign him. 

I think is the JH Rover's issue. 

That's the same with every player. and has nothing to do with the clause Rovers have apparently inserted. 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No money apart from the £6.5m already spent?

What wonderful owners we have, we should all be thankful for the money they're ploughing into this wonderful club of ours.

You and islander carry on inflating the prices, 24hrs to go.

It is said that while Premier League pair Everton and Fulham could yet make moves for the Blackburn Rovers star before the window slams shut, a pre-contract agreement for January isn’t out of the question. The report states Celta Vigo and OGC Nice have already made proposals, while Valencia and Villareal are also interested in a possible pre-contract deal.

2 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

How accurate is this calculator? I seen reports today that Fulham couldn’t get a work permit for Justin Kluivert even though he gets 20 (I think) on that calculator.

Seems odd that somebody who played 27 times in Ligue 1 on loan last year can’t get a work permit.

GBE Calculator - Check Player Status & Eligibility | TransferRoom

fail - 8 points. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well no it won't be like Gallagher.We couldn't go back on that deal.

If Hirst doesn't perform then we are under no obligation to keep him.We send him back.

It's only if We are happy the deal becomes permanent 

Without knowing the exact figures, if it ends up being a loan with an option to purchase I think it's a terrible deal in principle. From our perspective, he's done nowt so far, it should have been a case of buy him now for a reasonable fee or walk away.

Leicester obviously think he has a bit of potential otherwise they wouldn't be considering offering him a new deal and loaning him out.

Once he's signed a new contract, any price on the option to purchase is likely to be completely prohibitive. Almost zero chance he ends up here permanently I'd say. Either he does OK and we probably can't afford him or he doesn't and we don-t want him.

More can kicking down the road and another position that probably needs filling in 12 months time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Without knowing the exact figures, if it ends up being a loan with an option to purchase I think it's a terrible deal in principle. From our perspective, he's done nowt so far, it should have been a case of buy him now for a reasonable fee or walk away.

Leicester obviously think he has a bit of potential otherwise they wouldn't be considering offering him a new deal and loaning him out.

Once he's signed a new contract, any price on the option to purchase is likely to be completely prohibitive. Almost zero chance he ends up here permanently I'd say. Either he does OK and we probably can't afford him or he doesn't and we don-t want him.

More can kicking down the road and another position that probably needs filling in 12 months time.

Lots of straw men in there. 

Same guy who told me about Brereton's injury last season says the Gallagher/Brittain injuries aren't one or two weekers. Add two more incomings please Gregg!

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Same guy who knew about the ACL of Sam Barnes says:

Gallagher and Brittain out for 6 weeks.....

There was a cryptic comment from Tomasson after last Saturday's match which gave me an indication that something was amiss. He said something like 'I'm not the medical team' rather than go into detail.

It looks like our skipper will play right back then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The deal will be agreed Rev.If it's an option then Leicester can't change the terms of it mid season. 

It will be binding if this deal happens.

• Like 2