BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Sharpe has said 'not aware of anything' regards Dembele.... but how much did he know about Mola?  First I saw his name was about 20mins ago from Joe H.    

We're getting there now in terms of a squad, but that could be blown to smithereens with a Brereton late departure.  Even with Dembele through the door I'd be very fearful there's nowhere near enough goals without him. 

Funnily enough after some Twitter digging, some Arsenal fan replied to the post game LT post at 1:32am saying "Keep an eye on Clinton Mola".

Rich must've ignored it. :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

With Hirst and (hopefully) Dembele coming in I would assume that some players are going to leave.

We would have 9 forwards (BBD, Gallagher, Hirst, Dembele, Hedges, Szmodics, Dolan, Vale, Markanday) all covering the front three spots. Too many.... If BBD stays surely Dolan and Vale go on loan, maybe Markanday also (though sure he would be absolutely livid about it). When does the loan window close for League 1 and 2?

Yeah could deffo see Vale shipped out on loan. Dolan maybe too, although he's seems more in favour than Markanday. 

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

With Hirst and (hopefully) Dembele coming in I would assume that some players are going to leave.

We would have 9 forwards (BBD, Gallagher, Hirst, Dembele, Hedges, Szmodics, Dolan, Vale, Markanday) all covering the front three spots. Too many.... If BBD stays surely Dolan and Vale go on loan, maybe Markanday also (though sure he would be absolutely livid about it). When does the loan window close for League 1 and 2?

Vale seems to be preferred to Markanday so of the two I assume Markanday would be loaned out. Szmodics plays as a #10, same position as Dack. Hedges has looked his best playing there too - so it's 10 for 4 positions, really.

Sorry but checking in here and initially seeing strong rumours of Dembele but then moments later seeing weve just signed another young loan player with very little first team experience has left me feeling fairly meh!! 

I think ive been very positive lately in general but if we end this window with mainly just another batch of loan players it strongly suggests to me that very little has changed on the player requirement side of the club. 

Please prove me wrong Broughton 🙏🙏

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We've lined up with 3 at the back once in 9 competitive fixtures this season.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with it. 

JDT will drop into it to see games out, or (like at Sheffield Utd) if he thinks we need to set up more defensively, but 4-2-3-1 is his primary formation. 

Of that list we know Ayala will miss time with injuries, we know Phillips has just turned 17 and needs to be managed carefully (if he's even here...) and it looks like Mola is a bit of a utility player who primarily plays LB. We have cover at CB, but it's hardly a logjam - especially with 2 games a week. 

We've also had a serious lack of options there though. We now have enormous depth, which indicates to me that we'll probably be playing that system plenty more as we go forward. 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can’t really count Ayala. If he’s fit it’s a bonus. He seems happy enough sat on the bench when he finally gets back playing again.

Fully agree on the veils of secrecy around our business which is how it should be. I have been critical of Broughton but this area is a huge improvement for me.

And the knock-on effect is that the two bit hacks who actually earn a living guessing are effectively redundant as far as Rovers are concerned.

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry but checing in here and initially seeingvstrong rumours of Dembele but then moments later seeing weve just signed another young loan player with very little first team experience has left me feeling fairly meh!! 

I think ive been very positive lately in general but if we end this window with mainly just another batch of loan players it strongly suggests to me that very little has changed on the player requirement side of the club. 

Please prove me wrong Broughton 🙏🙏

Loans with option to buy. Only upsides basically. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit sceptical about this Dembele link. Can he play on the right? If so could be just what we need.

If we can keep BBD I won’t be that bothered if Dembele doesn’t come. From what little I’ve seen of him he’s like BBD in that the old inside left channel is where he likes to be most of the time.

I have stolen this from the LT.

On Rovers' projected 25-man squad that will need to be submitted to the EFL, they are up to 21.

Players on loan, irrespective of their age, must be registered, but those 21 or under by the end of 2022 don't have to be.

Those who would need to be registered: Thomas Kaminski, Aynsley Pears, Joe Hilton, Callum Brittain, Joe Rankin-Costello, Daniel Ayala, Scott Wharton, Hayden Carter, Dominic Hyam, Clinton Bola, Harry Pickering, Tayo Edun, John Buckley, Lewis Travis, Tyler Morton, Sam Szmodics, Bradley Dack, Ryan Hedges, Sam Gallagher, Ben Brereton, George Hirst

Those not needing to be registered: Ash Phillips, Adam Wharton, Jake Garrett, Jack Vale, Tyrhys Dolan and Dilan Markanday

• Like 5