BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

24 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Glen I note here you used the word diagnosis.

We don't know each other (and I wouldnt  expect you to divulge any information so please don't think this is me fishing) but I wanted to wish you good health and say I do hope it's nothing too serious... and somewhat enviously also praise you for following a dream!

Nothing in life is an extravagance if it makes you and others very happy and I'm very guilty of hesitating when it comes to spending money, so it's nice to see something positive on here which is real life  rather than the miserable shite we are all discussing at the moment about sport.

Peace and love

Thankyou, highly appreciated

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Yep, the club looks as stitched up as it's ever been. All bases covered by the shysters in the shadows.

Pasha will know all this and more and therefore so will the Venkys. Naive ....... I do not think so.

I just haven't quite worked out why it seems to work for them all at Championship level but that a PL promotion push causes the shits.

Too much financial and media scrutiny at those giddy heights methinks.

I also think that the Bin Man and The Kid are still around after all this time because they know where the keys to the cupboard are kept.

5 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

BBD is represented by Wasserman who also have Charlie Mulgrew & Bradley Johnson on their books.

In January 2017, he was represented by Craig Mather of Simply Sport Management - a local Nottingham-based agency according to this on the FA website...

Mather used to be CEO at Rangers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ibrox-chief-craig-mather-walks-2461157

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 17.06.14pm.png

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 17.02.36pm.png

If I had to pick who was the football agent out of a 'line-up' Mather would be the one to get the shoulder tap.

13 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He isn’t staying on guys. I’m completely convinced….don’t believe there’s an appetite on either for that to happen.

The ‘open secret’ came from members of the squad who are being tapped up and advised not to sign new contracts elsewhere by Veno (Who is apparently a troublemaker) so that Mowbray and his team can make them offers once installed at WBA.

No suggestion that they’re telling them not to sign Rovers contracts but by the sounds of it that’s just purely financial. JR offered 4x what Rovers are and likely PL football whilst RN’s offer from Rovers is apparently a joke (Very low). The only one we have a chance with is DL…but I think he’ll wait for Tony et al to turn up at WBA and at least double his current offer 🙁

I'm amazed a lot more people haven't commented on this post.

I've absolutely no idea whatsoever why West Brom might be interested in  Mowbray and his team and I missed it when you apparently first posted the possibility. However when it was rumoured elsewhere my immediate thought was that if there was anything in it whatsoever their contracts should be terminated forthwith. If they'd agreed deals with ANY Club still in with a mathematical chance of the play offs then obviously it would no longer be in their interests for us to finish in those positions!

Secondly by "Veno" I'm guessing you mean Mr.Property Delelopment himself Mark Venus. It would be the ultimate shits trick for Mowbray not to persuade the owners here to give the out of contract trio what they want so he can take them with him to another Club.

Thirdly, if some of the squad are being tapped up to not sign deals here and go and join Mowbray elsewhere, and others haven't been, then that might explain the almost uniquely bad run of form we've had  and why players in with a chance of achieving promotion appear to have mysteriously downed tools. This set of players that got to second might not be automatic promotion material but they're not as bad as the last 15 results either. Something would appear to have gone on behind the scenes.

Do West Brom have a training ground situated on a site that could be redeveloped for housing or something?

• Like 8

I can't get my head around not signing a centre midfielder in the summer or January. We've gone from thinking it necessary to have Holtby, Trybull, Evans, Johnson, Davenport, Travis, Rothwell and Buckley last season to having just Johnson, Davenport, Travis, Rothwell and Buckley. It will always be for me one of the most important positions in football and I think it's perhaps somewhat unnoticeably cost us greatly this season and last. It was clear at the end of last season that Johnson was close to being finished so realistically we were going into this season with Davenport, Travis, Rothwell and Buckley. The manager has removed (unfairly) Davenport from that equation leaving Travis, Rothwell and Buckley. I can look at those 3 players and pick a number of faults with each that are probably fine for a team targeting mid-table/ survival but not for a team pushing for promotion. This was clear during a transfer window... while sat in 2nd!

1. Travis is probably one of my favourite players but the reality is he's pretty average. His range of passing is limited, he can't shoot at all and switches off but does give 110% and likes a tackle making him important to the side.
  2. Buckley is still learning/ inexperienced
  3. Rothwell in and out of games throughout his Rovers career and more often than not out so can't be relied upon.

I'm of the opinion that you'd be extremely lucky to go up with the above as your 3 and I was of that opinion in January. We needed one more in that could control the middle of the park better than Travis but instead we've been left exposed, not only that we were always going to be screwed if he got injured, luckily he hasn't but either way not bringing in a central midfielder and a striker was criminal.

Turns out it wouldn't have made a difference anyway because the manager is utterly useless - and if you still have your doubts about that, just remember he genuinely started Bradley Johnson as a false 9 in a competitive and important fixture. 🤡

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm amazed a lot more people haven't commented on this post.

I've absolutely no idea whatsoever why West Brom might be interested in  Mowbray and his team and I missed it when you apparently first posted the possibility. However when it was rumoured elsewhere my immediate thought was that if there was anything in it whatsoever their contracts should be terminated forthwith. If they'd agreed deals with ANY Club still in with a mathematical chance of the play offs then obviously it would no longer be in their interests for us to finish in those positions!

Secondly by "Veno" I'm guessing you mean Mr.Property Delelopment himself Mark Venus. It would be the ultimate shits trick for Mowbray not to persuade the owners here to give the out of contract trio what they want so he can take them with him to another Club.

Thirdly, if some of the squad are being tapped up to not sign deals here and go and join Mowbray elsewhere, and others haven't been, then that might explain the almost uniquely bad run of form we've had  and why players in with a chance of achieving promotion appear to have mysteriously downed tools. This set of players that got to second might not be automatic promotion material but they're not as bad as the last 15 results either. Something would appear to have gone on behind the scenes.

Do West Brom have a training ground situated on a site that could be redeveloped for housing or something?

If there is any truth in the WBA rumour and the player 'tapping up' then Waggott, Pasha and therefore the Venkys know all about it. So would our friends at the LT.

It will all unfold and we, the fans, will be fecked whatever the outcome, whether he stays (OMG) or goes taking our better players with him (Oh shite).

The detail is everything - so many contracts running down at the same time ........... I do not believe in coincidence.

The more this charade goes on the more I think that Venkys do not like us. I can't type what I really think as the PC elite would explode.

• Like 1

Its a hell of an assumption that not only has Mowbray long since agreed a deal elsewhere but that he has told tbe players and his assistant is actively tapping players up. And that Mowbray has purposely prevented new deals from being agreed with the out of contract players as some sort of long term ploy. Surely a case of not giving it too much credence until if and when Mowbray, Venus and the 3 players join in the summer, and even then, some of the behaviour implied would be an unknown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a hell of an assumption that not only has Mowbray long since agreed a deal elsewhere but that he has told tbe players and his assistant is actively tapping players up. And that Mowbray has purposely prevented new deals from being agreed with the out of contract players as some sort of long term ploy. Surely a case of not giving it too much credence until if and when Mowbray, Venus and the 3 players join in the summer, and even then, some of the behaviour implied would be an unknown.

I think the above is fair comment, hence why I, for one, started with 'If'.

I am sceptical too, it just seems a stretch too far.

IF it does happen it actually makes the 'behaviour implied' a known, not an unknown.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If there is any truth in the WBA rumour and the player 'tapping up' then Waggott, Pasha and therefore the Venkys know all about it. So would our friends at the LT.

It will all unfold and we, the fans, will be fecked whatever the outcome, whether he stays (OMG) or goes taking our better players with him (Oh shite).

The detail is everything - so many contracts running down at the same time ........... I do not believe in coincidence.

The more this charade goes on the more I think that Venkys do not like us. I can't type what I really think as the PC elite would explode.

There is a lot of money to be made, if you can find players who are out of contract and move them to a new club, whereby the new club pay no transfer fee. Remember how much commission was paid to the agent, who brought Ruben Rochina, from Barcelona to Rovers? A few eyebrows were raised about that one at the time and those same eyebrows may well be raised again this summer, especially if all the out of contract players end up at the same club.

If an agency can get their man installed as manager of a club, the damage that can be done, is immense. Put the manager in front of the cameras after each match to explain the unexplainable and he might start to either lick  his lips, or start to sound like some sort of half whit. Same shit different season basically, after all Blackburn Rovers fans are a gullible bunch aren’t they? 

If Rovers fans can be accused of being racist, then it’s easy to accuse them of creating an atmosphere, toxic enough to  destroy the confidence of the young players and cause them to lose a match, to a team who never win away.

Rinse and repeat, until the cupboard is totally dry. The next manager won’t be any different to the string of managers presented to us as good for the club, when in reality, they are only good for the agents still bleeding the club dry. 
For anyone still not convinced that we are totally free from the poison that turned up over 11 years ago, perhaps they need to look back and research why the agents, who all seem to be connected, still have such a big influence at the club and why the company whose name appears on the deeds to the club, continually allow themselves to be taken for a ride. 

The Tweet sent out today about entitled fans once again blames us for the demise. The audience may not be quite as big as the one given to Myles Anderson’s Dad to spout his stuff about the fans, but the same message that is certainly rolled out again.

• Like 7

A kind poster recently posted a league table when we had beaten Middlesbrough and gone 2nd.

The link below is from the same time but shows when most teams have played 28 games, so its a little bit more accurate.

You can easily play around with the number of games to see what the table looked like at that particular point.

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-championship-2021-2022-spieltag/28/

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A kind poster recently posted a league table when we had beaten Middlesbrough and gone 2nd.

The link below is from the same time but shows when most teams have played 28 games, so its a little bit more accurate.

You can easily play around with the number of games to see what the table looked like at that particular point.

Almost equally as shocking is QPR and west Brom both only got 4 more points than us over the same period. Don’t often see three contenders all implode.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Almost equally as shocking is QPR and west Brom both only got 4 more points than us over the same period. Don’t often see three contenders all implode.

Millwall upward push is impressive! 31 points in the past 15 games. We got 11!

They must have a huge budget ..........................................

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I suspect that a fan could have been pulled out of the crowd and installed as manager and got us in the play offs, from that position. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

I suspect that a fan could have been pulled out of the crowd and installed as manager and got us in the play offs, from that position. 

I could have done it from here for free with a WhatsApp group chat and using Ince's notepad notes!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

And maybe I'm reading too much into it John but aren't Warburton and Bruce out of contract at the end of the season too.

This so wrong assumptive link to WBA is incredulous especially when you are factoring a link to three out of contract Rovers players, it just isnt happening nor is it a credible rumour. Anyone who thinks it would never have hit the media be it national or social, facebook or tiktok, instagram and twitter is dreaming.

The so wrong belief that Nyambe and Rothwell are instant premier league players is just as bad, neither are good enough, neither will make a first 11 and neither will progress any further than they are at Rovers. 

If we look at Lenihan, I do rate him highly and for me he is the kind of player Rovers need to be at the spine of the team. However, when making a comparison with the worst Premier teams, I ask myself if he is capable of dislodging the players they have. the answer is not really. He isnt better than what Norwich, Burney or Watford have, he is nowhere near as good as what Brentford, Leeds, Newcastle, Palace or Everton have and he most certainly isnt going to be able to better himself further up that league.

Looking at the Championship teams and in particular WBA. How does anyone seriously think they are touting for WBA or that he is the king maker in waiting? The fans and the club will have seen the Mowbray implosion at Ewood, they have seen it themselves and its a repeating theme in his career. The want progression not regression and on that basis alone, Mowbray does not fit their model.

The suggestion that Rovers staff are telling players not to sign contracts is ludicrous. Its gross misconduct for one and a sackable offence, its immoral and it is not happening as is described by some on here.

Going back to Rothwell and Nyambe, both have been good, bad and ugly at times this season, in fact at times they have been awfully poor and inconsistent. Clubs who were/are interested in them will see this and will impact on their decisions whether to sign them. Recently, both have been awfully bad and it was apparent their heads may be looking away from Ewood, that is a totally unprofessional way to conduct themselves especially more when you consider the rewards that are on offer at Ewood and not just the chance of Premiership football.

I agree that they are and have been victims of Mowbrays tinkering with the first team but their own inconsistency plays a huge part and only they are to blame. The fans who think they are worth £14k or more per week are in dreamland, truth is they are not.

Wages in the Championship have levelled out and are going down rather than up, tv money, sponsorship and the like are all down for every club and supporters across the spectrum are pissed off with hiking non sensical ticket prices. Some clubs have it right and a lot of them have it wrong.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Do you really think it’s uncommon for players or managers to have moves lined up when they are still under contract? Read a couple of player biographies or listen to a few podcasts, it happens all the time. It would not be in the least bit newsworthy. Despite the best efforts of some of our fans the only time Myles Anderson got a mention in the national media was when his Daddy did it, and I challenge you to find a more rotten or corrupt move than that, and we were newsworthy in those days.

But the crux of your argument is based around the fact you don’t rate Nyambe, or now Rothwell. For months you have gone to great lengths to tell us all that everyone except you and Steve Waggott overrates them and there is no possibility of them getting a better contract elsewhere. Only you know the value of the deals they have been offered, and they are stupid not to sign them. Despite this I’m pretty sure on another thread you reckoned Nyambe had a move to Watford lined up.

If you think they are as bad as you say, why are you so bothered about them not signing? You’ve recognised Mowbray’s failings now, but to die on this hill for Waggott is really odd.

In 1864's defence, during the dark days he was not only very vocal, but a keen supporter of the movement to remove Kean and the corruption at the club.

He also attended as many events as possible showing that support and challenging the adminstration.

He has held meetings with the club, and is no fool. I think benefit of the doubt is the term used in what has been promised, but as days weeks months pass, he would be one of the first to withdraw his support of those who have sold the dream, should that dream turn out to be total fabrication.

Its so difficult when engaging with the club to get anything out of them if you are seen to then share it. They are very much divide and conquer.

Sadly, like many before I fully expect disappointment as they only thing that has really changed is different people sat in the chairs.

The Mowbray to West Brom story cannot be credible and a quick check of the Albion messageboards must surely confirm it? On old friend is a West Brom fan and although he liked Mowbray when he was in charge many years ago there's no way he'd want him back there. It just doesn't ring true

Someone posted the Championship table above from a few short months ago when we were 2nd. Forest and Sheff Utd were 11-13 points behind us and Luton a staggering 17 behind. It's a long old season and consistency is everything but it takes a special kind of talent for Tony to engineer that kind of collapse in form

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

This so wrong assumptive link to WBA is incredulous especially when you are factoring a link to three out of contract Rovers players, it just isnt happening nor is it a credible rumour. Anyone who thinks it would never have hit the media be it national or social, facebook or tiktok, instagram and twitter is dreaming.

The so wrong belief that Nyambe and Rothwell are instant premier league players is just as bad, neither are good enough, neither will make a first 11 and neither will progress any further than they are at Rovers. 

If we look at Lenihan, I do rate him highly and for me he is the kind of player Rovers need to be at the spine of the team. However, when making a comparison with the worst Premier teams, I ask myself if he is capable of dislodging the players they have. the answer is not really. He isnt better than what Norwich, Burney or Watford have, he is nowhere near as good as what Brentford, Leeds, Newcastle, Palace or Everton have and he most certainly isnt going to be able to better himself further up that league.

Looking at the Championship teams and in particular WBA. How does anyone seriously think they are touting for WBA or that he is the king maker in waiting? The fans and the club will have seen the Mowbray implosion at Ewood, they have seen it themselves and its a repeating theme in his career. The want progression not regression and on that basis alone, Mowbray does not fit their model.

The suggestion that Rovers staff are telling players not to sign contracts is ludicrous. Its gross misconduct for one and a sackable offence, its immoral and it is not happening as is described by some on here.

Going back to Rothwell and Nyambe, both have been good, bad and ugly at times this season, in fact at times they have been awfully poor and inconsistent. Clubs who were/are interested in them will see this and will impact on their decisions whether to sign them. Recently, both have been awfully bad and it was apparent their heads may be looking away from Ewood, that is a totally unprofessional way to conduct themselves especially more when you consider the rewards that are on offer at Ewood and not just the chance of Premiership football.

I agree that they are and have been victims of Mowbrays tinkering with the first team but their own inconsistency plays a huge part and only they are to blame. The fans who think they are worth £14k or more per week are in dreamland, truth is they are not.

Wages in the Championship have levelled out and are going down rather than up, tv money, sponsorship and the like are all down for every club and supporters across the spectrum are pissed off with hiking non sensical ticket prices. Some clubs have it right and a lot of them have it wrong.

Who would sack them though ?

Whilst i agree with some of this post i think you miss judge the moral angle by quite a way when it comes to football and money. In fact Mowbray himself has basically told the players in the press they'd be better off elsewhere if they can get more money.

That's advice in public pal.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Do you really think it’s uncommon for players or managers to have moves lined up when they are still under contract? Read a couple of player biographies or listen to a few podcasts, it happens all the time. It would not be in the least bit newsworthy. Despite the best efforts of some of our fans the only time Myles Anderson got a mention in the national media was when his Daddy did it, and I challenge you to find a more rotten or corrupt move than that, and we were newsworthy in those days.

But the crux of your argument is based around the fact you don’t rate Nyambe, or now Rothwell. For months you have gone to great lengths to tell us all that everyone except you and Steve Waggott overrates them and there is no possibility of them getting a better contract elsewhere. Only you know the value of the deals they have been offered, and they are stupid not to sign them. Despite this I’m pretty sure on another thread you reckoned Nyambe had a move to Watford lined up.

If you think they are as bad as you say, why are you so bothered about them not signing? You’ve recognised Mowbray’s failings now, but to die on this hill for Waggott is really odd.

Miller your post is not quite correct.

I have pointed out that in my view they are not as good as they might perhaps think they are. I have always said that Nyambe has flaws in his game - dont all players? - but I have never once stated he isnt good enough for Rovers nor have I ever muted the fact that I want him our of the club. The same applies to Rothwell. As good as he can be or as inconsistent as has shown, I have never wanted him out of the club NOR have I ever said anything about Waggot not rating either player other than suggesting they are not the player worth the money they are seeking in contract talks. This is a marked difference to what you are trying to imply.

The grass isnt always greener as history with Rovers players who leave has shown. 

The Watford link would appear to be true whereas many on here thought it was Leeds. For the record my view is that he isnt anywhere near the standard required for either club because of the way they play to their strengths. 

You appear to have this thought or view that I live and die by every word that comes from Waggot and co, you are seriously mistaken if you actually believe what you have written. You are even more misguided by those beliefs when you dont know me, dont know anything about me and dont know my intentions about how I go about finding out the truth behind the issues at Ewood. I am a Rovers fan who wants the best for the club and that is it.

As for players like Anderson getting a lift in football - yes it is bent, its wrong and it happens and will likely continue.

Your mentioning of players being tapped up, of course it happens but it doenst happen in the manner which has been described on this forum, it happens between agents not representatives of the players own football club. Anyone who believes this is the case is mistaken.

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

In 1864's defence, during the dark days he was not only very vocal, but a keen supporter of the movement to remove Kean and the corruption at the club.

He also attended as many events as possible showing that support and challenging the adminstration.

He has held meetings with the club, and is no fool. I think benefit of the doubt is the term used in what has been promised, but as days weeks months pass, he would be one of the first to withdraw his support of those who have sold the dream, should that dream turn out to be total fabrication.

Its so difficult when engaging with the club to get anything out of them if you are seen to then share it. They are very much divide and conquer.

Sadly, like many before I fully expect disappointment as they only thing that has really changed is different people sat in the chairs.

Thank you Glen most appreciated from a fellow fan with obvious and clear concerns for our club!

• Like 1

Wonderful analysis from Linz Lewis (she's a member on here I think? Been on the BRFCS podcast before) on BBC Radio Lancashire Sport last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0byc3hq

Starts at the 18m:38s mark.

Summed up succinctly and eloquently. 

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 8