BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I’ll be honest, whilst we’ve had a shocking run obviously, I never understand why people put so much stock into what Mowbray says or how active he is on the touch line. If we were winning and he was squatting on the sideline like Bielsa, I bet nobody would care…

Same goes for what he says in the media- I think people are allowing themselves to be triggered far too easily as they’re fed up….

You could apply the same argument to his tactics, selections, formation etc.

Of course nobody cares how they're doing it when a manager is winning. It means that despite any flaws we may perceive, they are getting the job done right overall for the time being and it would be churlish to argue with the methods (and usually gets you shouted down).

When things are going badly, all criticisms are worth considering as a partial explanation as to why.

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I doubt they'll be asking the likes of Travis, Wharton or Johnson for their thoughts on the season any time soon. The club will carefully point the LT towards another couple of players who will add to this pathetic narrative. Players Mowbray and Co deem to be "on side". Of course, the LT will lap it up because it means "access" for them. It's nothing but desperate propaganda.

Imagine trying to justify dropping from 2nd to 9th as being understandable because the lads are young and it being better than last season. That is the mentality of a loser and it stems from one man at Rovers. The issue is that nobody is being held accountable down there. It's too easy and convenient for this lot to let the owners take the blame all the time as that is the natural assumption amongst the media and football fans. Saint Tony can't possibly be to blame, it's those owners.

He's that stubborn and arrogant that it isn't beyond him to have thrown in the towel in February because they didn't let him sell Rothwell and because there wasn't a new deal on the table for him. A "why should I bust a gut to get you a £120m prize, when you might get rid of me in the summer" kind of attitude.

Even if any of those players were given the opportunity in the media to talk, they would not criticise the manager. It's not what happens.

That last sentence seems like a bit of an unlikely conspiracy too, maybe stubborn is a fair description in general but to suggest that he is arrogant enough to purposely shelf a promotion push that would massively benefit his personal career either way out of spite is again crazy talk.

2 hours ago, Lucimo said:

Agree with the first response not so much the second. I'd be interested to hear Bradley Johnsons opinion on TM though 

In public, it would be like the rest of the players, the usual soundbites and based on Kaminski, the usual anger on here. Players would never slag off their manager in public.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well hopefully that shows the players have lost faith in Mowbray and its time to go. Hopefully he realises this

Sadly things don't tend to follow logic under these owners, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he got a new deal.

If that is the case, and it seems a very generalised statement to imply such a specific drop off. In an ideal world, it would also allow a new manager to come in and potentially jettison those not putting in the required effort.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if any of those players were given the opportunity in the media to talk, they would not criticise the manager. It's not what happens.

That last sentence seems like a bit of an unlikely conspiracy too, maybe stubborn is a fair description in general but to suggest that he is arrogant enough to purposely shelf a promotion push that would massively benefit his personal career either way out of spite is again crazy talk.

In public, it would be like the rest of the players, the usual soundbites and based on Kaminski, the usual anger on here. Players would never slag off their manager in public.

Sadly things don't tend to follow logic under these owners, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he got a new deal.

If that is the case, and it seems a very generalised statement to imply such a specific drop off. In an ideal world, it would also allow a new manager to come in and potentially jettison those not putting in the required effort.

Anymore than 99% of players never slag the manager off - until one of them has left the club of course.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anymore than 99% of players never slag the manager off - until one of them has left the club of course.

Or one of them is called Bradley Johnson and is prepared to stick his neck out and state what everyone can see on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I agree that we would not see that happen. But that's not what is being asked for here.

I want somebody to come out and give an honest assessment of the season and the way in which we have collapsed. Not this fluff piece that Kaminski has done.

It would not be too outrageous for a player or two to say something like "we know the results haven't been good enough over the past few weeks/months, and we are disappointed to have slipped down the table having worked so hard to rise up the league, but we'll be doing everything we can to win the final three games".

That wouldn't be an open criticism of the manager, it would be a bit of much needed honesty and an acceptance of responsibility. Something that is totally lacking at Rovers right now.

Mowbray goes on about being an honest guy and what have you, yet he's lying to himself, the players and the fans. Some of the players are buying into the crap, caused by his fragile ego, which instead of facing up to the truth, is coming up with all sorts of excuses.

Nobodies going to do that at Ewood. Not one person. Tell me who you think it is that would consider spilling the beans and coming out with some home truths to be in their interest ? It’s better for everyone concerned that we all sing from the same hymn sheet and keep spouting the party line. That way nobody gets their feathers ruffled and the gravy train chugs on for another season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

And don't understand this age angle. What youngsters? Most of the squad I'd in their mid 20s. It's bullshit.  Going off England for example who had an average age of 24. That didn't stop them making a euros final.  Its just a bollocks excuse from Mowbray and his kiss ass players.  

Of course it is but it's all aimed at India through the media and suits those in the fanbase who like to lap up everything their demi god says.

Don't forget we are in an era where people especially younger ones are told what to think and it sticks very easily.

• Like 1

I don't think he's just coming out defending him he's just responding to a clever line of questioning. He's not going to say anything untoward even if he thought it.    A lot of the players liked Owen Coyle but their views off record about his football stuff differed a little.

The only thing that really matters is results and they might have a manager who they detest but he gets the club at the top end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FortressEwood said:

No, they haven't. Have a read of the TK interview today.

The animosity aimed at Mowbray on here is disgusting IMO

Yes I have read the Kaminski's interview and I would fully expect him to back Mowbray like he did. 

I have not been anything like animosity towards apart from saying his time at this club is done and he needs to go. I have never compare him to Kean or Coyle and I wouldn't cos he is not. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Well I have be more than clear that he needs to go and no discussions have happened so far over a new contract, which I am pleased to here. If he has told the players after the Coventry away game then he is going in 3 games time. Plus what Darrenrover said he said during the Stoke home game when Rovers fans got on his back and was right to get on his way since he is the main reason why we will miss out on Playoffs place and top 6 finish. 

Some players have dropped out in recent weeks and games that is clear to see if you watch the games

12 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

An hour and a half to kick off lads.

Time to get your sucking lemons out and practice your best Albert Steptoe faces. Grey forum theme until Mowbray leaves. This forum is a fackucking embarrasment to the club.

I am sorry if you feel like that but people have enough of Mowbray and his stubborn tactics which have cost us a top 6 place and we should in fact be challenging Bournemouth for 2nd place cos after beating Boro at home where we were. I have been a fan of Mowbray and he should have gone last season IMO but he remained in charge. This season he seems to be less inclined to tinkering but in recent months and games he has started again. I have always backed my club and will do regardless who the manager is. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FortressEwood said:

No, they haven't. Have a read of the TK interview today.

The animosity aimed at Mowbray on here is disgusting IMO

So which games have you been to. Fulham Coventry Peterborough. You must be standing somewhere else than me because a lot of us are fucked off.  So which part of the longside do you sit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

So which games have you been to. Fulham Coventry Peterborough. You must be standing somewhere else than me because a lot of us are fucked off.  So which part of the longside do you sit

He is probably from the terraces of Pendle Hill.

• Like 2

Did anyone notice how Mowbray sloped off down the tunnel at the end, whilst the players went to mutually celebrate with the fans?

Not sure if it's Mowbray just being Mowbray or if he's thinking eff off I know you lot don't like me, I'm going for a brew and some lemon drizzle. That said, does he EVER look remotely happy?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Finally ditched the 3 at the back. Finally went back to three recognised 'forward' players.  Finally started pressing from the front again (like early season).  

Finally played Buckley deeper.

Finally started scoring again. 

Coincidence?

Almost as if we didn't want playoffs 🤔

• Like 2