BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Time to put the "but who would buy us" fear to bed.

In the last 3 years alone we've seen Bolton, Wigan and Blackpool all bought out and reborn from far worse positions than we are in now with far less to work with than Rovers have.

That line might have been a defence of Venkys 5 years ago but it isn't anymore. 

Correct.

The biggest issue remains they won't sell and even if they considered it there's the small matter of 200 million debt to them. Cutting their losses obviously isn't a thing so it would take something else to set off a chain reaction leading to a sale.

Or some lunatics with at least 100 million to throw away.

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He have anything to say on his future? 

He's staying mate...or they'd have made a bit of a fanfare of his last few weeks.

They will sneak a new deal in during close season and it will be another groundhog day in August when we start with him in charge and probably 8k on.

• Like 4

He's going nowhere i said years ago this is another one who'll cling on to the very death.

Back to talking like a development coach now and offering every excuse known to man. You know the same things that affect virtually every club but here it gets the manager a free pass.

Because of the ownership, bizarrely though what they have to do with most of it is very debatable when it comes to the actual stuff on the grass.

• Like 5

I’ve said it for a while now but I’m convinced he’s gone. At this point he’s talking down the club, the players, the fans and the future. It’s like the United manager, he knows his time is done, he knows he has nothing to achieve so he doesn’t give a shite. See todays interview, he’s told Markanday he needs a full pre season. If he was staying he would be playing him. 

• Like 4

So another round of Tony press conference bingo. Full house: not his fault or responsibility, it is what it is, young team (it isn't) and the reason they've fallen away is due to inexperience rather than poor management.

• Like 3

The longer it goes on the more I believe he's keen to stay but at this stage hasn't had an offer.

That isn't because the owners want him gone and are looking elsewhere, just that the owners don't give a stuff and will only deal with things when it suits them.

If he was leaving then he could announce it now. The atmosphere around the place would improve if he announced it and he'd get a warm reception at the Bournemouth game. The fact he hasn't made any announcement speaks volumes.

Also talking about young teams, about how good Markandy will be when fit, about Gallagher being the next Brereton - all points to another cycle.

I don't think I can be part of his 'journey to nowhere'.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's staying mate...or they'd have made a bit of a fanfare of his last few weeks.

They will sneak a new deal in during close season and it will be another groundhog day in August when we start with him in charge and probably 8k on.

Didn't Snake sign a new contract that wasn't disclosed by the club and we only found out about it through a leak in the press?

Or was that something else?

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The longer it goes on the more I believe he's keen to stay but at this stage hasn't had an offer.

That isn't because the owners want him gone and are looking elsewhere, just that the owners don't give a stuff and will only deal with things when it suits them.

If he was leaving then he could announce it now. The atmosphere around the place would improve if he announced it and he'd get a warm reception at the Bournemouth game. The fact he hasn't made any announcement speaks volumes.

Also talking about young teams, about how good Markandy will be when fit, about Gallagher being the next Brereton - all points to another cycle.

I'm hoping the only reason Mowbray's departure hasn't been announced is that we still have a theoretical chance of promotion.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Me neither. It’s a fork in the road for me. I’ve had enough of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I'm hoping the only reason Mowbray's departure hasn't been announced is that we still have a theoretical chance of promotion.

Found Mowbray's remarks in LT quite staqgering 'highly unlikely' he's quoted as saying.

What a way to prepare for a key match tomorrow - if I was a player I'd be thinking 'this fecker's given up why the feck should I bother and put my body and possibly career on the line'.

• Like 8

His mindset is dreadful.

Also i love all this ask Mr Waggot stuff he's clearly directing everything towards him so he cops the blame when him staying is announced.  We all know the situation there Swaggo is so far up Mowbray he disappears for months on end, which he will do when hes done the deed of a new deal.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

His mindset is dreadful.

Also i love all this ask Mr Waggot stuff he's clearly directing everything towards him so he cops the blame when him staying is announced.  We all know the situation there Swaggo is so far up Mowbray he disappears for months on end, which he will do when hes done the dead.

I know he's a Shyster but this is just disgraceful.

A lot of understandable frustration towards Mowbray but for me todays quotes are frustrating in relation again to how the club is run. A total vacuum of leadership and clarity from the top.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I’ve said it for a while now but I’m convinced he’s gone. At this point he’s talking down the club, the players, the fans and the future. It’s like the United manager, he knows his time is done, he knows he has nothing to achieve so he doesn’t give a shite. See todays interview, he’s told Markanday he needs a full pre season. If he was staying he would be playing him. 

He said that Markanday has only been able to do one full training session, I doubt Mowbray's future is affecting Markanday's lack of involvement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tony is definately off,he looks a dedjected and beaten figure ,i expect him to announce he`s finished with the game then in six months time he`ll reappear at a lower league club

I suspect he will say he’s off before the end of the season

• Like 1