BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

How the hell would Nicko even know if a meeting had taken place? I'd expect a goodbye meeting to take place anyway unless him and Waggott have well and truly fallen out.

Unbelievable that people still lap up what Nixon says really, although perhaps it's just because of a lack of any more reliable news....

It’s a bit early to have a “ goodbye meeting “ unless he’s not seeing his contract out.

the fact the club have said nowt is ominous i think Mowbray's used the situation to get some sympathy to pressure a new deal, i don't buy the whole my son needs me to go to school etc, if that's the case clearly say you are leaving thanks and bye. But he didn't he did his usual make it all about himself and get some undeserved sympathy  

• Like 4

I am fascinated by Rich Sharpe's references to Woodgate in his article.

I find it bizarre that he would go out of his way to make specific reference to Woodgate, dedicating far more space in his article to him than others of far greater calibre such as Farke. He admits that he is at long odds and that he doesnt even know if Woodgate would be interested, but that he looks better value than those at shorter odds.

Why? Where has this come from?

Someone must have dropped his name in as a contender for Sharpe to publish this. Sharpe does not do this unless someone has primed him for it.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I disagree.  The club has a very small fanbase and anything to generate interest and new fans  and bums on seats is a good thing.  The club needs a lift.   More attention means more sponsorship money from shirt sponsors and others.  Appointing a no name z lister is not going to inspire fans let alone players.  The list of names being touted is nothing short of depressing,  And its not like he is any worse than anyone on that list.  He has won the championship before.  For me its worth a punt.

The best way to attract new fans is to win more games which is why the sole factor should be managerial ability, nothing depresses fans less than not winning matches. Roy Keane is a great pundit but it doesn't directly translate as a manager.

We just had 21,000 for a dead rubber second division game, we do not have a ‘very small fanbase’.

But we certainly have a limited one due to our demographics and the plethora of other clubs in the hotbed of the game which is Real Lancashire… so more fool this regime for driving 10,000 ST holders away, but of course an ambitious appointment can start to right those wrongs… 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I am fascinated by Rich Sharpe's references to Woodgate in his article.

I find it bizarre that he would go out of his way to make specific reference to Woodgate, dedicating far more space in his article to him than others of far greater calibre such as Farke. He admits that he is at long odds and that he doesnt even know if Woodgate would be interested, but that he looks better value than those at shorter odds.

Why? Where has this come from?

Someone must have dropped his name in as a contender for Sharpe to publish this. Sharpe does not do this unless someone has primed him for it.

wonder if our favourite north east of england boro supporting agent had tipped him the wink 

Woodgate- world class defender , dog and duck manager, avoid

keane- like him but stay in the media, him and venkys would be a disaster

benni- liked him at rovers but I always thought he was a bit of a clown, can’t see him being a good manager, needs a few more brain cells 

one to watch- Duncan Ferguson has tumbled the last few days in the betting, again I like him but I wouldn’t want him as manager, I could see a venkys type appointment being him and unsworth together however

mowbray meeting- exit interview 

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Woodgate- world class defender , dog and duck manager, avoid

keane- like him but stay in the media, him and venkys would be a disaster

benni- liked him at rovers but I always thought he was a bit of a clown, can’t see him being a good manager, needs a few more brain cells 

one to watch- Duncan Ferguson has tumbled the last few days in the betting, again I like him but I wouldn’t want him as manager, I could see a venkys type appointment being him and unsworth together however

mowbray meeting- exit interview 

are you sure it was an exit interview/handover?

One typically cryptic tweet from a no nothing journalist has led to pages of worrying on here about Mowbray, with mentions of his woe is me act, bizarre assumptions of a director of football role and indeed even him totally unnecessarily being called a "devious old bastard."

All of this shit could have been avoided had Venkys allowed a statement to be uploaded simply saying that he is about to leave, but no, not under Venkys.

• Like 3

A fuller version of that quote:

"My intention was loan players and out of contract players (won't play).

"My vision is that 10, 12, 20 managers will be in the stand at Birmingham thinking they might apply for this job. They will want to watch these players and make opinions."

I could be wrong, but it's crossed my mind that he could be acting spitefully in a way here. Mostly because every other season, when our season has been finished well ahead of time (usually much earlier than this) he has taken almost no advantage of that fact to blood players who could be our future, or even to drop the ones who are leaving. Suddenly he is leaving (even less reason for him to care about our future) and now we are going to focus on players who will still be here (inevitably including some youth players)? This, combined with how he immediately goes on to talk about the watching managers and who they'll want to see, makes me think that rather than looking to our club's future, he wants prospective managers to see the shell of a squad they're inheriting, which may well be accompanied with a defeat, to put the better ones off. Why, you might ask? A touch of spite at not being asked to stay on or even communicated with, and to preserve his legacy, as if we get some dosser next people will say 'see? should have kept Mowbray'.

As I said, I could be wrong, I'm not stating this as fact before anyone jumps down my throat with 'conspiracy theory' shouts, as yes, it is just a theory. I just think it's suspicious he's never dropped several players before who wouldn't be here next season, once our season was effectively over, added to those remarks.

• Like 1

Only at this club can a manager say he’s leaving and a week later still not a peep from ‘the club’, but yes its obviously because said manager is a ‘devious bastard’.

Indeed it’s that much of farce, Sharpe is reporting a totally different press conference than the club’s social media, I.e Sharpe - ‘Mowbray states 10 managers will be in the stand’ etc, whilst the club just ignores the elephant in the room...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Nixon playing pied piper by the hour with a set of fans who mostly think he's a tit.

It's why he stays in the job he'll be loving this, people would be better blocking him you'll miss nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One typically cryptic tweet from a no nothing journalist has led to pages of worrying on here about Mowbray, with mentions of his woe is me act, bizarre assumptions of a director of football role and indeed even him totally unnecessarily being called a "devious old bastard."

All of this shit could have been avoided had Venkys allowed a statement to be uploaded simply saying that he is about to leave, but no, not under Venkys.

With respect, you nor anyone else have any idea whatsoever what has been said over the months between the Club and Mowbray about his situation.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that this is a storm in a tea cup engineered by Mowbray. There was no advantage at all from his point of view agreeing a new deal before our fate was known.

His stock is radically different depending on

- Whether he took us up automatically

- Whether he took us up via the play offs

- Whether we got in the play offs and put up a good fist but just missed out

- Or failed miserably and missed the play offs altogether.

Why would he risk agreeing to a deal on the basis he was a Championship manager?

Oh come off it Rev, ‘engineered by Mowbray’, he’s a two Bob football manager not some kind of tactical mastermind (we’ve all seen evidence of that on the pitch).

The club should’ve been straight out with a statement days ago, like every other football club in the history of the game, your idols in Pune are still overseeing an utter farce…

• Like 6

I don't buy the arguments I've seen made about the manager and the contract rebels not wanting to agree anything before our league status was decided. That's what promotion wage rise clauses are for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Would I sign him? Yes. Would I prefer he weren't a successful Dingle in the past? Yes. Does the latter affect the former? No!

You've got a soft spot for Burnley, so I'm certain the second question isn't even one for you to consider, but what this has got to do with something as black and white as a question about a surgeon being Burnley fan operating on you in a life or death situation, I have no idea. Silly analogy.

My feelings towards Burnley are one of ambivalence. I don't particularly like Burnley but I don't dislike them either. Would I prefer them to stay in the Premier League rather than a southern club? Yes I would. That's a reasonable stance and does not constitute a "soft spot"

Having a problem with a player or manager just because of their Burnley connections, which is your position, is silly. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Only at this club can a manager say he’s leaving and a week later still not a peep from ‘the club’, but yes its obviously because said manager is a ‘devious bastard’.

You're going to look rather silly if he ends up agreeing a new contract. There's only one logical explanation why there hasn't been a statement from the Club on the matter, they weren't expecting his comments last week and they either want him to stay or hadn't made their mind up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh come off it Rev, ‘engineered by Mowbray’, he’s a two Bob football manager not some kind of tactical mastermind (we’ve all seen evidence of that on the pitch).

The club should’ve been straight out with a statement days ago, like every other football club in the history of the game, your idols in Pune are still overseeing an utter farce…

I was reading an archive thread about HSH and I posted this in 2017, and I don’t think anything has changed and I don’t think it’s any more complicated!;

#1 problem since the beginning has been a void in structure and ultimate decision making.”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're going to look rather silly if he ends up agreeing a new contract.

Jesus…. You told the site yesterday you’d heard Dyche whispers, bullshit I’d say, then we had QEGS massive who are going to change the way the football club is run, watered down more recently to a trickle…..

Its not Matty who will look stupid…..

Edited by Gav

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're going to look rather silly if he ends up agreeing a new contract. There's only one logical explanation why there hasn't been a statement from the Club on the matter, they weren't expecting his comments last week and they either want him to stay or hadn't made their mind up.

Am I? Why? Makes no difference at all to my point that the club is a rudderless farce.

Hadn’t made their mind up with one game of his contract left! Sounds about right.

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

"Idols in Pune" Lol.

As soon as Mowbray started playing the violin last week, they should have thought "Thank goodness for that, you've saved us a job" and straightaway issued the standard leaving statement. The fact that no statement has subsequently been subdequently forthcoming is an absolute farce but that will be nothing compared to if he ends up staying.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

With respect, you nor anyone else have any idea whatsoever what has been said over the months between the Club and Mowbray about his situation.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that this is a storm in a tea cup engineered by Mowbray. There was no advantage at all from his point of view agreeing a new deal before our fate was known.

His stock is radically different depending on

- Whether he took us up automatically

- Whether he took us up via the play offs

- Whether we got in the play offs and put up a good fist but just missed out

- Or failed miserably and missed the play offs altogether.

Why would he risk agreeing to a deal on the basis he was a Championship manager?

Absolute rubbish. Yet further avoidable vitriol and conspiracies if the owners you defend so profusely merely put out a statement saying that he would be leaving upon the end of his contract.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If he was given a new contract, would you not feel silly that the owners you have repeatedly defended have given him one, and indeed pin the blame on them? Rather than blame the "devious" recipient, surely your focus would turn to those who gave him one anyway, on the unlikely scenario that it happens and he doesn't leave?