BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I had to laugh, just good ol’ derision & contempt, sometimes says it all, lol. 

I’m probably the most recent Rovers convert on this board. I converted all the way from Texas, when I was 51 years old (I’m 60 now). I never knew the Rovers when they were Englands champs, or winning a League Cup, or playing in Europa. I never even knew them under Big Sam, Hendry, or Kean. 

I chose the Rovers (or, maybe they chose me?) But, I didn’t choose them because they were champs. It’s the easiest thing in the world to choose a team that’s winning big. I didn’t fall in love with Liverpool, Arsenal, or either Manchester club. I certainly didn’t fall for Chelsea, or Tots. I’ve been to Blackburn, one day, and to Ewood, one time. Never been to burnley.

I’d like to believe we’re a much bigger club, but the reality is, Blackburn is a bigger city, with a larger stadium, more hardware, and possibly more adherents. But burnley has been in the PL 9 years, while we’ve languished in lesser divisions for a decade. 

Maybe we can soon say we’re a bigger club and it won’t ring so hollow. 

Interesting. Are you American or an Englishman in New York?

4 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I had to laugh, just good ol’ derision & contempt, sometimes says it all, lol. 

I’m probably the most recent Rovers convert on this board. I converted all the way from Texas, when I was 51 years old (I’m 60 now). I never knew the Rovers when they were Englands champs, or winning a League Cup, or playing in Europa. I never even knew them under Big Sam, Hendry, or Kean. 

I chose the Rovers (or, maybe they chose me?) But, I didn’t choose them because they were champs. It’s the easiest thing in the world to choose a team that’s winning big. I didn’t fall in love with Liverpool, Arsenal, or either Manchester club. I certainly didn’t fall for Chelsea, or Tots. I’ve been to Blackburn, one day, and to Ewood, one time. Never been to burnley.

I’d like to believe we’re a much bigger club, but the reality is, Blackburn is a bigger city, with a larger stadium, more hardware, and possibly more adherents. But burnley has been in the PL 9 years, while we’ve languished in lesser divisions for a decade. 

Maybe we can soon say we’re a bigger club and it won’t ring so hollow. 

We're 12th in the all time table. They're 20th. Their last trophy was in 1960. Ours was in 2007.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Transfer recruitment was an example of the sort of task that a head coach wouldn't be responsible for, not a sole job description. Carrick was an example of a rookie manager, my point was that it might be easier to justify employing a rookie or a no mark as a head coach under the proviso that he has less responsibility anyway under that particular structure.

I can see your point here. I would favour an experience head coach coming in. Farke, Carvalhal and Wagner being 3 candidates we should be looking at for that role. 

Plus an experience DoF like Stuart Webber or Nicky Hammond would be ideal. 

The 6 man shortlist was an easy headline that was very premature but is ultimately not far off being impossible to disprove, in order to get people to read his nonsense. The general consensus is that we are still taking in applications and haven't narrowed everything down yet, although that doesn't stop people from harassing journalists for hourly updates and micro-analysing the betting odds.

Maybe informal interviews have taken already who knows with their agents to find out what demands and terms are already with certain candidates 

I have no confidence that either of these job roles will be filled by competent people or indeed with any speed or efficiency. Lets hope I am proved wrong against all historical examples.

Well I do have plenty of hope on 2 good appointments being made  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

We're 12th in the all time table. They're 20th. Their last trophy was in 1960. Ours was in 2007.

Wow, I missed us winning a trophy in 2007, what was it?

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Waco, you would have loved it pre Venky's. That period from the early 90's to around 2008 was golden. Absolutely golden. So many proud moments with the Rovers taking it to the big guns and beating them. There were many proud moments in general, not just in beating the big heads. The fight, the heart and the winning spirit was taken away the minute Venky's walked through the door, never to return.

Fair play to you for choosing Rovers when the club was in a bad way and for sticking by your choice. Hopefully, one day the true Rovers will be back. It won't be under these owners though, as we're all hoping they fluke their way to the right appointment and promotion. Nobody has any belief or trust in them to get it right. 12 years is a long time to sort things out and they still haven't managed it. We will be back one day though, I believe that, but when they are far removed from the club.

Its so hilarious to see Man U, Tottenham, etc and even pre-takeover Newcastle fans whine about their owners. They've never have had to actively celebrate declining attendance and other bad things happening to their club because it means there's a higher chance of selling. 6th in the prem is this huge disgrace. What a fcking joke.

We will be back, clubs have come back from way worse, only extinction can kill the spirit of a club. My personal hope is that the global exposure from promotion will get us sold. Even Sheffield United with their two seasons up got them sold.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Everything has always needed sign off from India. No one on the ground actually has any power.

Here’s something that I can’t square in my head. If we all agree that Venky’s don’t actually care about Rovers given it’s relatively small scope in their business portfolio, then why for the love of god, do they need to sign off on every micro football decision the club makes. I get the big stuff as it relates to money and their required expenditures to keep us running, but relatively small transfers? Hiring a manager or DoF? It boggles the mind as to why nobody has the authority to do that without their consent, given their lack of football knowledge, and apparently, interest. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LA Rover said:

Here’s something that I can’t square in my head. If we all agree that Venky’s don’t actually care about Rovers given it’s relatively small scope in their business portfolio, then why for the love of god, do they need to sign off on every micro football decision the club makes. I get the big stuff as it relates to money and their required expenditures to keep us running, but relatively small transfers? Hiring a manager or DoF? It boggles the mind as to why nobody has the authority to do that without their consent, given their lack of football knowledge, and apparently, interest. 

Because they have been ripped off in the past and didn’t like the feeling. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can see your point here. I would favour an experience head coach coming in. Farke, Carvalhal and Wagner being 3 candidates we should be looking at for that role. 

Plus an experience DoF like Stuart Webber or Nicky Hammond would be ideal. 

Maybe informal interviews have taken already who knows with their agents to find out what demands and terms are already with certain candidates 

Well I do have plenty of hope on 2 good appointments being made  

I would go for Carrick , great player under fergie at old trafford.We could give him a short term contact, if he turns out to be another Gerrard we could extend it to long term.If he manages like he played we could be back in the promised land.

Just now, RoversTilliDie said:

I would go for Carrick , great player under fergie at old trafford.We could give him a short term contact, if he turns out to be another Gerrard we could extend it to long term.If he manages like he played we could be back in the promised land.

To all you burnley b---ards, Come on you SPURS  !!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

Carlos Carvalhal is the odds favorite. Dont know if bookmakers have a source or not.

A few trash websites reported him as being on the shortlist (that doesn't yet exist) which prompted a few people to bet on it basically. Farke could well be in double digits odds soon as well after being pretty much odds on favourite last week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

A few trash websites reported him as being on the shortlist (that doesn't yet exist) which prompted a few people to bet on it basically. Farke could well be in double digits odds soon as well after being pretty much odds on favourite last week.

Exactly. The market on the next rovers manager is that small if a load on here for eg put a tenner on Mike newell who is currently 150/1 by the end of the day he’d be favourite. 

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I would go for Carrick , great player under fergie at old trafford.

That does not necessarily mean he will be a great head coach / manager.

History provides plenty of examples of great players failing to make the grade as managers.

Lincoln passed on him, so they weren't confident.

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I want an experience head coach like Farke. 

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Glen Mullan and Alan Nixon have all reported our interest in him. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Exactly. The market on the next rovers manager is that small if a load on here for eg put a tenner on Mike newell who is currently 150/1 by the end of the day he’d be favourite. 

People have backed who they want here. 

That's kinda the point Chaddy, people see whispers on social media and odds reflect it. I know someone who mentioned Simon Grayson as a piss take the other night, following morning he was favourite 🤣

Another reason of many that you never see a skint bookie.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

That's kinda the point Chaddy, people see whispers on social media and odds reflect it. I know someone who mentioned Simon Grayson as a piss take the other night, following morning he was favourite 🤣

Another reason of many that you never see a skint bookie.

Wilcox - dof

sherwood- manager

🫣