BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

No but informal discussions could be happening.

According to Glen Mullan who in all fairness has been right plenty of times with information he has shared the club and Farke had talks way back in March.

If that was the case, you would presume that the appointment would be very quick if talks have already taken place. Hence why I am more than sceptical.

Ultimately no one knows for sure, but I doubt that any talks have taken place with anyone personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

The first two had achieved full on automatic promotion to the Prem before managing us, and still couldn't take us to the playoffs (not that Lambert was here long enough). So with a worse record, the logic doesn't suggest Carvalhal would do any better. Coyle had gained promotion too and he was trash. Bowyer was an unknown quantity as it was his first gig.

Note I'm not saying Carvalhal won't be the right man. Just his CV in this league is worse than some of those who have previously failed, so I can see why some might not be that impressed.

It's the pond these owners are fishing in though so we have to be realistic and a guy whose got a team into play offs twice certainly should be considered.  It should and i say should be a step up from the previous manager in terms of new ideas and knowing how to get a team in there at least.

I'm still amazed some think a Farke or anybody else will just waltz in here and take Rovers up when there'll be the same limitations on money.  I'd love him or similar here but getting him through the door would only be the start of it, backing and being able to do what he wants is a whole other ball game.

Carvalhal on a 2 year contract and just let him have a go might not be the worst idea, he's a mercenary type so he'd understand. 

Do the business or be moved on, a calculated gamble is what we need in the absence of a good name with good backing imo.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't know for sure. But because our manager was only officially sacked this week.

This (the most reliable of sources we have which isn't saying much) was on Friday:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20137439.inside-blackburn-rovers-new-manager-search-tony-mowbray-exit/

Interest in the job has been strong, with applications from managers all over the world, though no shortlist has yet been drawn up as Rovers take an open mind to their search.

With applications still being taken, and coaches continuing to put their names in the ring, Rovers will take their time to assess the candidates and carry out the necessary due diligence so won’t be rushing into any decision.

I am not interested when Mowbray was official sacked tbh as we knew a couple of weeks before that he was going. Old news lets move forward and leave Mowbray in the past. 

On our search for head coach I would expect strong interested from British and foreign head coaches so they aren't reporting anything new to be honest. I would have expect informal chats to already taken place with a couple of candidates or their agents to find out their demands if they were offered the job. 

Here a question for you, Do you think the head coachrole is more suit to a foreign head coach than a British manager like Ainsworth or Warne? 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am not interested when Mowbray was official sacked tbh as we knew a couple of weeks before that he was going. Old news lets move forward and leave Mowbray in the past. 

On our search for head coach I would expect strong interested from British and foreign head coaches so they aren't reporting anything new to be honest. I would have expect informal chats to already taken place with a couple of candidates or their agents to find out their demands if they were offered the job. 

Here a question for you, Do you think the head coachrole is more suit to a foreign head coach than a British manager like Ainsworth or Warne? 

I don't see why nationality makes a difference at all, and the search shouldn't be in any way filtered as such.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Please allow me to educate you about Suhail.

He was involved in the club before Venkys took over and has been ever since.

He was the one who brokered the sale whilst employed by Kentaro as a "fixer". Before that he was arranging matches in South America to showcase and move on talent to Europe. 3rd party ownership, etc.

He became a Rovers employee only recently after fans reported him and the club to HMRC and it all started to become a bit warm.

He is paid by Rovers for the "consultancy" work he does at the club but is also paid by others for work he does for them. Confirmed by Waggott at one of the consultation meetings. You can speculate who the others are if you wish.

Fact is he the most senior decision maker at Ewood and the only constant since our club was turned to shit.

See now iv'e been saying this for years about this guy so i'm glad someone else if of the same opinion.

As far as i'm concerned i think hes been a major fly in the ointment here and is another wheeler dealer representing interests beyond the owners.  Most notably his own and he's on a right cushy number here and is the continuing connection to various others who have snouts in the trough.

Must stress this is just my long standing assumption of him but the fact hes hid in the shadows so long tells its own story.

End of the day we just need rid of the whole damn lot of them, he should have sacked Mowbray years ago but like Kean and Lambert he more or less left on his own terms.  Caused a stink and left a bit of a mess behind if we look at everything that needs doing now.

Why ?  Because people like this allowed it to get that way but having another of your friends clients running the show allows room for your own cover.

Get the pressure on him to front out of F off !

• Like 8

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We know that we had over 60 applicants for the job and hopefully now a shortlist has been formed for both job roles. Now interviews this week and appointment made the week after would be ideal scenario. I think most of the 6 man shortlist for head coach position will be overseas coach who are used to working in this kind of structure. 

I must have missed something here. Where has that info come from ?

3 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I really don't understand why so many of you feel the need to argue and belittle Chaddy so much. 

The points that he is making are valid, and this whole forum is here for people to voice their opinions. 

I have it in good authority that interviews have taken place. That we are looking to make a significant appointment that most of us will be pleased with. Cut him some slack guys, he's just one of us at the end of the day. 

What has been said to him that you deem to be so unfair? People are just engaging in debate with him of which he is as forthcoming with as anyone.

And on "good authority" from whom? And who is the significant appointment? When we are looking for a manager, it becomes a time rife with rumours and gossip. You speak as if everyone who has questioned chaddy and his optimistic assertion that the process is advanced are in the wrong because you have it "in good authority" that we have had interviews. Something that nobody knew until you have just posted it and indeed something that without further detail is hard for anyone to take too seriously.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Opinions, eh.

I was wrong about Leeds, too. 

Thinking about available mgrs… Lampard probably will need a job. In a relegation fight, he has to start Branthwaite, who gets a red card, lol (no, I do not want Lampard) 

45 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I really don't understand why so many of you feel the need to argue and belittle Chaddy so much. 

The points that he is making are valid, and this whole forum is here for people to voice their opinions. 

I have it in good authority that interviews have taken place. That we are looking to make a significant appointment that most of us will be pleased with. Cut him some slack guys, he's just one of us at the end of the day. 

And the forum is here also to disagree with people. Chaddy chooses which rumours to believe and which ones to ignore based on his beliefs / wishes. Don’t we all. 

You’ve heard on good authority we had interviews. People heard on good authority Mowbray was leaving last summer. We’ve had tons of rumours on ‘good authority’ that have not come to fruition.  Post them by all means, but don’t get offended or protective if people disagree.

And, most importantly, don’t post rumours as though they are fact to justify your opinion.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I saw that figure in the LT, I think Waggott was the dubious source

As far as I'm concerned, at the moment, every source claiming information about the Rovers is dubious

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I saw that figure in the LT, I think Waggott was the dubious source

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t get LT nor will I read it online.
I think your phrase regarding Waggot is being kind ARA. Surely he can’t think we believe that figure, although every manager in the West Lancs League has probably applied. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Was he any good at Cape Town ?

He was... Then moved to another team, then got sacked. But he actually did well for that team, considering its not one of the big teams in SA. 

I was obviously joking, but just as an FYI, he has his UEFA pro licence. Europe might be too early for him right now, but don't think we would be the right team for us to take a risk on him. But he won't hold any punches 

• Like 1

An old friend Seamus(Sham)Heffernan who was part of the original 4000 holes, applied for the rovers job in the late 70s and in his CV as a qualification for the job was he went to a Stuart Metcalf party.

So based on this I would think it's more than 60 applications😂

Edited by funny-old-game
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

He was... Then moved to another team, then got sacked. But he actually did well for that team, considering its not one of the big teams in SA. 

I was obviously joking, but just as an FYI, he has his UEFA pro licence. Europe might be too early for him right now, but don't think we would be the right team for us to take a risk on him. But he won't hold any punches 

Class act Benni Mc but i agree it would be a big risk for both especially given he doesn't know the Championship.

Samba is back here though so that might be a nice double act on the sidelines, they made a good pair around the nightclubs of Manchester as well 😂

• Like 1

I am no ITK in the slightest - in fact I couldn't be any further away from being ITK. 

But I did get told this golden nugget yesterday and was sworn to secrecy not to reveal my scource. Chris Houghton. Has already been interviewed for the job one day last week. However Carvalhal is very much first choice, but going to India with the begging bowl for the required financial package would be be needed to get that one over the line. 

Edited by Roverinbelfast
Typos

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I will bring you up to date. We almost certainly haven't interviewed anyone yet.

I would disagree with you.  I think at least two candidates have been seen.

A number of posters on this MB are of the opinion Rovers were interviewing prospective managers last April (2021) even when Mowbray was in post; Wilder and Neil are two of the names speculated upon - I think (and posted at the time) Wilder thought he had bigger fish to fry whilst I think Neil (and those links go back almost 18 months) came as close to being appointed manager as Warnock did prior to Coyle's appointment - one day, the facts might emerge.  Similarly, I think Warburton came close to being Rovers' manager prior to joining Glasgow Rangers.   

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would disagree with you.  I think at least two candidates have been seen.

A number of posters on this MB are of the opinion Rovers were interviewing prospective managers last April (2021) even when Mowbray was in post; Wilder and Neil are two of the names speculated upon - I think (and posted at the time) Wilder thought he had bigger fish to fry whilst I think Neil (and those links go back almost 18 months) came as close to being appointed manager as Warnock did prior to Coyle's appointment - one day, the facts might emerge.  Similarly, I think Warburton came close to being Rovers' manager prior to joining Glasgow Rangers.   

Its all gossip and rumours and I personally do not believe that these previous interviews took place nor that our interviewing process is underway. 

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's the pond these owners are fishing in though so we have to be realistic and a guy whose got a team into play offs twice certainly should be considered.  It should and i say should be a step up from the previous manager in terms of new ideas and knowing how to get a team in there at least.

I'm still amazed some think a Farke or anybody else will just waltz in here and take Rovers up when there'll be the same limitations on money.  I'd love him or similar here but getting him through the door would only be the start of it, backing and being able to do what he wants is a whole other ball game.

Carvalhal on a 2 year contract and just let him have a go might not be the worst idea, he's a mercenary type so he'd understand. 

Do the business or be moved on, a calculated gamble is what we need in the absence of a good name with good backing imo.

Yeh like I say I'm not knocking the guy, just answering the point that was made. There are no guarantees in this game and every chance he is the man to do it for us. His CV is nothing to sniff at and I wouldn't refuse to get him in by any means.

I see the logic with him being given a short deal with him being like he is, and moved on relatively cheaply if it doesn't work out.

However, I'm wary of short termism with the next appointment in a general sense, as currently we need a big rebuild that will affect our fate for years to come. Putting a man with a short term objective is great if that objective is met, and beats the laborious Mowbray journey for excitement but it's no good if we don't go up and he leaves with another huge rebuild needed and no money (which is sadly where Mowbray's crappy journey got us).

I'd like an approach that is the best of both worlds. Bold, and searching for quality on the budget we will inevitably given, but players that can mostly improve as the years go on and aren't here for just a couple of years of payday at the end of their careers. I know it's much easier said than done, especially on a budget, but there are managers who have done it and blended short term success with long term.

The main question marks with Carvalhal are that he hasn't achieved promotion from this league yet, and that he hasn't worked at this level with a tiny budget like he will probably get here. But I think it's an appointment that in theory stands above the vast majority of Venkys ones, so I'd take it. There will be some question marks over any manager who is willing to come here of course, or they wouldn't be willing to come here as they'd have top tier jobs. Carvalhal is far better than most on the lists we've seen!